Staff Pix: Clemson at UNC

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com
----

From our North Carolina site at Rivals.com - TarheelIllustrated:

North Carolina is at home again Tuesday night with Clemson visiting the Smith Center for a 7 PM tip.

Carolina is coming off an emotional and highly intense home win over Duke, while the Tigers are coming off an emotional and highly intense home loss to Virginia by a single point.
Third-ranked UNC is 18-4 overall and 10-1 in the ACC. Clemson is 14-7 and 4-6.

Here are our picks

Jacob Turner​

Quick turnaround games are always tough, especially after playing Duke. Clemson comes to Chapel Hill in desperate need of a statement win and the Heels will have to be ready to play to avoid the upset. With all this in mind, I'm taking Carolina by 9 in what will be a close game for most of it. Prediction: UNC 79, Clemson 70

Kevin Roy​

The Tar Heels look to avoid a letdown game after an emotional win over Duke on Saturday. I think this team is mature enough to avoid that letdown and should handle the Tigers. With teams keying on RJ and Cadeau struggling to find good range, it will be crucial for Ingram, Ryan and Bacot to continue their strong play. Prediction: UNC 87, Clemson 75.

Bryant Baucom​

Entering Tuesday’s tilt with Clemson, North Carolina holds a two game lead in the ACC. While the Tigers are just 4-6 in league play, they roster one of the highest scoring duos in the conference in PJ Hall and Joe Girard and are desperate for a marquee win. Clemson is 3-4 away from home with just one road win in 2024, and I see that number staying the same. After an emotional win on Saturday, North Carolina may come out slow, but I expect them to move to 11-1 in ACC play on Tuesday. Prediction: UNC 79, Clemson 71.

Chelsea Sipple​

The Tar Heels have all the confidence and energy they need right now and should put on another fun night against Clemson in Dean Dome. Like last game, we see that when the Heels can count on another player to have a stellar night, the rest of the team works around that and feed into the fire. We’ve seen it with Ingram, so let’s see who and what Clemson can bring out tomorrow. Prediction: UNC 80, Clemson 71.

Andrew Jones​

Clemson is a good team that has found ways to lose games of late. But don’t think for a moment the Tigers can win in the Dean Dome on Tuesday night. They have the talent to do so, and are perhaps due for an important win. And, as a desperate team, look for Brad Brownell’s club to come out with tremendous intensity. That said, the Heels will respond and get a win. It may not always be pretty, but the Heels will do enough to earn win number 19. Prediction: UNC 80. Clemson 72.

Average THI prediction: UNC 81, Clemson 71.8.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News