ADVERTISEMENT

Talk me into picking us to beat New Mexico in my bracket

rocky29670

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2002
Clemson
clemson.rivals.com
I've crunched the numbers using season long away statistics for turnover rate, offensive efficiency, defensive efficiency, free throw percentage per offensive play, free throw shooting percentage, rebounding rate and using the KenPom rankings. The Vegas spread is against us winning, we have a worse Kenpom ranking (36 to 22), they are slightly more efficient on O (1.083 to 1.073) and on D (0.985 to 1.061), they are more likely to get to the free throw line than us (23.7 to 20.7), and out rebound us 53.5 to 52.1. We shoot better FT % than them 76.5 to 70.6, we turn it over less 10.6 to 11.4, and we've played on that court before. My heart wants to put us in the sweet 16, but my brain say's we're playing terribly down the stretch and will lose a heart breaker. Richard Pitino beat us at Minnesota the last time these 2 coaches faced off against each other 78 to 60.

Talk me into putting us into the next round. I think whoever wins this game beats Baylor assuming they beat Colgate, who will give them all they want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News