ADVERTISEMENT

Texas says...

Jtyler

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Jan 25, 2003
We’re roughly 20 hours from an announcement from Lancaster defensive back Corian Gipson and this one is getting more confusing by the minute. Let’s throw out what we’ve heard and what we know and maybe the collective power of OB can help fill in the missing pieces of this puzzle.

- Gipson’s mind has been made up. This isn’t a case of him still trying to decide.

- He’ll announce at 4 p.m. on Saturday and the choice is expected to come from either Texas or Clemson. Ohio State, Bama and TCU also still technically in the race but not expected to be factors.

- Gipson has informed a couple of coaches at the school of his choice that he’ll be committing to their school. Those coaches, to my knowledge, are keeping a VERY tight lid on the information.

- One source in Austin still feels good about UT’s chances as of Saturday afternoon, but sounds like there’s some reading of the tea leaves going on there.

- Multiple other sources in Austin have been silent.

- A Texas commitment who previously told OB he thought the choice would be Texas said the word going around in recruiting circles is now favoring Clemson.

- Another connected source on the UT side seems a bit nervous about the direction of this one. He added that he never thought it was in the bag, and still feels that way as of Friday night.

- Clemson likes its chances, per a person with connections inside that program. But that person is wondering if Gipson hasn’t possibly told both schools he’s coming since there’s so much misdirection in this one. That same source said he does not believe anyone at Clemson has told any media members directly of Gipson’s decision (either keeping things quiet or the staff doesn’t know), so any late predictions in the way of FutureCasts or Crystal Balls is just “educated” guesses.

- Texas has been in contact with Gipson this week. Not sure what to make of that one. Could be a case of Texas still working because the coaches haven’t been notified of an answer, or could be just getting reassurances that things are going well as Saturday approaches.

- Tip of the cap to Gipson for keeping this one interesting and keeping information on his decision close to the vest. It’s recruiting, so everyone wants definitive answers, but sometimes it’s okay to admit you just don’t know. I have my hunches that things are trending away from Texas, but this one is really difficult to call and I don’t mind admitting that I’m unsure of what the next 20 hours holds. Buckle up.

9:15 p.m. update - FYI, a couple sources indicated within the last five minutes that it's not good news for Texas. I'm changing my FutureCast.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News