ADVERTISEMENT

The Democrats are going to raise your taxes by inflation.

Do you find that to be abnormal coming out of a once in a century pandemic? There has been nothing normal about the past year, including a historic recession. Seems you'd cut Biden some slack.

I don’t think I’ve mentioned Biden. Just talked objectively about inflation, including noting above that the abnormal spikes may indeed level.

I do think all of the government spending combined with changes in energy policy will result in sustained inflation somewhat independent of the pandemic though.

BTW, you mentioned CEO hiring sentiment earlier. I also can’t find people to work around the house. I had to pay an amigo $40/hr to lay mulch the other day. Can we agree it’s time to tighten up unemployment and get the F to work?

Do you find that to be abnormal coming out of a once in a century pandemic? There has been nothing normal about the past year, including a historic recession. Seems you'd cut Biden some slack.

Cut Biden some slack? His puppeteers are the reason for this once in a century pandemic. I don’t recall you or your cohorts cutting President Trump some slack when the pandemic was unleashed. Look at what has transpired since last spring. Use common sense.

I do recall President Trump answering questions from the press daily for weeks about the pandemic. Meanwhile, the current sitting President can’t get through a meeting or press conference without note cards or an earpiece. I’m sure you thought he did great with Putin.

The world is looking at the USA as if watching a movie. The reality is there are many of us that can see through that. You obviously can’t. Your house of cards is starting to crumble fast. Keep wearing your mask, take an extra vaccine shot, and get your news from MSM and keep watching.

I don’t think I’ve mentioned Biden. Just talked objectively about inflation, including noting above that the abnormal spikes may indeed level.

I do think all of the government spending combined with changes in energy policy will result in sustained inflation somewhat independent of the pandemic though.

BTW, you mentioned CEO hiring sentiment earlier. I also can’t find people to work around the house. I had to pay an amigo $40/hr to lay mulch the other day. Can we agree it’s time to tighten up unemployment and get the F to work?
You didn't say Biden but we all know what you're inferring when the discussion is about inflation. I can definitely get on board with your last sentence though.

193721954_10159080761385822_7133305498059910709_n.jpg

Cut Biden some slack? His puppeteers are the reason for this once in a century pandemic. I don’t recall you or your cohorts cutting President Trump some slack when the pandemic was unleashed. Look at what has transpired since last spring. Use common sense.

I do recall President Trump answering questions from the press daily for weeks about the pandemic. Meanwhile, the current sitting President can’t get through a meeting or press conference without note cards or an earpiece. I’m sure you thought he did great with Putin.

The world is looking at the USA as if watching a movie. The reality is there are many of us that can see through that. You obviously can’t. Your house of cards is starting to crumble fast. Keep wearing your mask, take an extra vaccine shot, and get your news from MSM and keep watching.
All of the above is nonsense. You call yourself a Christian but you don't care about anybody's life but your own. You are simpleton trash that gets all his news from disinformation peddlers.

• Haha
Reactions: Cocks are Number 1

Too bad you don’t have an emoji with an expletive.

Objectively, news from a non journalistic source is less reliable. OBJECTIVELY
That is not an objective statement because you did not provide a basis. Saying the word objective doesn't make your statement objective. You haven't proven that an individual who does not work for a news company is unable to report facts and thus unreliable.

If you wanted to impress me with your objectivity, you could point out some facts that were left out in the Zero Hedge opinion that perhaps influenced their view on things. Instead, you just advised me that they were not journalist. That's not objective. That's subjective.

Zero Hedge is actually an opinion page. Not a news company. They make commentary off current events. People are fully capable of seeing things and sharing their opinions.

An objective journalist will go out there and report what's happening the way it happened and how it happened. They don't necessarily get into why it happened unless there are facts to support why it happened. Today, many journalist are working for news organizations that have an agenda which seems to be to enforce a narrative. They report views and try to explain why things are so and only gloss over reasons from their side that support those opinions. This is not objective because they don't cover all the basis for those view. They just present one side. An objective journalist will present all the reasons and let their viewers decide. They will not leave out certain bits in hopes the viewers will take a certain opinion or view which is what the left and right wing news companies do.

Zero hedge is supported by anonymous writers who many are professional insiders and unable to show their identity. They tend to spin off current events which are facts that everyone has already been made aware of. The opinions made are definitely right wing libertarian but nobody is glossing over the facts. They often provide an interesting take but for the most part, people don't react on their opinion alone.

Last edited:
Inflation was extremely low in Obama's last two years and then spiked "bigly" under Trump. I just don't remember you guys being so upset about it then when a republican was president.

I was upset about it. I think by now we can all stop pretending Congress has nothing to do with spending.

Now you are attacking my faith bc I won’t take the vaccine? Got it
If the only thing you have to do to keep others safe is take a vaccine that's completely safe and will keep you from spreading a virus that might kill others, but you won't simply because you want to be a right wing asshole, you might not be a Christian.

nix41e.jpg

If the only thing you have to do to keep others safe is take a vaccine that's completely safe and will keep you from spreading a virus that might kill others, but you won't simply because you want to be a right wing asshole, you might not be a Christian.

nix41e.jpg

That's a false argument to make.

Taking the vaccine doesn't make other people any more safe.

There are some diseases were you could make the argument for quarantine to protect the health of the public.

The courts require a relative risk analysis.

What are the risk of a person dying from covid if not everyone vaccinates? For example:

IF the probability of catching the disease if everybody vaccinates is 0.25 or 25%
and the probability of dying from it if you catch it is 0.002%
then the probability of dying if everybody vaccinates is 0.25x 0.002 = 0.0005 or 0.05%

Now if the probability of catching the disease if only some people vaccinate is .5 or 50%
and the probability of dying from it if you catch the disease is the same 0.002%
then the probability of dying if not everyone vaccinates is 0.5 x 0.002 = 0.001 or 0.1%

Thus, the relative risk of dying is 0.1% vs 0.05%

Hardly worth questioning someone's faith over don't you think?

That's a false argument to make.

Taking the vaccine doesn't make other people any more safe.

There are some diseases were you could make the argument for quarantine to protect the health of the public.

The courts require a relative risk analysis.

What are the risk of a person dying from covid if not everyone vaccinates? For example:

IF the probability of catching the disease if everybody vaccinates is 0.25 or 25%
and the probability of dying from it if you catch it is 0.002%
then the probability of dying if everybody vaccinates is 0.25x 0.002 = 0.0005 or 0.05%

Now if the probability of catching the disease if only some people vaccinate is .5 or 50%
and the probability of dying from it if you catch the disease is the same 0.002%
then the probability of dying if not everyone vaccinates is 0.5 x 0.002 = 0.001 or 0.1%

Thus, the relative risk of dying is 0.1% vs 0.05%

Hardly worth questioning someone's faith over don't you think?
You continue to make my point. You have NO GOOD REASON not to take it, you just won't because it's become some kind of right wing badge of stupidity not to. You could ensure you won't spread it to someone who could die from it, but won't because YOU think YOU won't be bothered by it.

You continue to make my point. You have NO GOOD REASON not to take it, you just won't because it's become some kind of right wing badge of stupidity not to. You could ensure you won't spread it to someone who could die from it, but won't because YOU think YOU won't be bothered by it.
It's like you didn't even read my relative risk analysis.

One of my skills from working in nuclear power is understanding how probabilistic risk analysis are done.

The issue here is the risk of catching the disease because we are all are familiar with the probability of dying if you get it. This is known as conditional probability. The probability of dying given you have the disease is 0.2%.

This is not high enough to be concerned about the probability of catching the disease.

The probability of catching and dying from it = the P(Catching AND Dying).

Because it's an AND you would multiply both probabilities. So basically, no matter what we do vaccination wise, the probability of dying is still going to be less than 0.2%.

It's like you didn't even read my relative risk analysis.

One of my skills from working in nuclear power is understanding how probabilistic risk analysis are done.

The issue here is the risk of catching the disease because we are all are familiar with the probability of dying if you get it. This is known as conditional probability. The probability of dying given you have the disease is 0.2%.

This is not high enough to be concerned about the probability of catching the disease.

The probability of catching and dying from it = the P(Catching AND Dying).

Because it's an AND you would multiply both probabilities. So basically, no matter what we do vaccination wise, the probability of dying is still going to be less than 0.2%.
In the end what does all this analysis matter when you could get the vaccine in the next 30 mins to ensure the probability of dying is virtually 0.0%? It's easier than ever to get the vaccine and it takes less time to get it than it does to crunch these foolish numbers.

• Haha
In the end what does all this analysis matter when you could get the vaccine in the next 30 mins to ensure the probability of dying is virtually 0.0%? It's easier than ever to get the vaccine and it takes less time to get it than it does to crunch these foolish numbers.
See now you're ignoring my concerns of getting the vaccine over what amounts to basically zero additional risk to anyone else. It's not like we are talking about keeping drunk drivers off the road.

We have to choose our battles. Getting everyone to take a vaccine is like herding cats and for what for?

This is just another reason why I think this entire Covid response thing from the government is stupid.

What's more, if we allow the government to force us to jump for no good reason, then we open up a whole new can of worms don't we?

See now you're ignoring my concerns of getting the vaccine over what amounts to basically zero additional risk to anyone else. It's not like we are talking about keeping drunk drivers off the road.

We have to choose our battles. Getting everyone to take a vaccine is like herding cats and for what for?

This is just another reason why I think this entire Covid response thing from the government is stupid.

What's more, if we allow the government to force us to jump for no good reason, then we open up a whole new can of worms don't we?
Proof that you don't get it

"a vaccine is like herding cats and for what for?"
" for no good reason"

It's sickening what right-wing scare media has done to you

When I'm looking for medical advice, I ALWAYS go to a mechanical engineer. I understand now why you're so fluent in epidemiology!

Massie earned a bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering and a master of science degree in mechanical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).[6] He participated in the MIT Solar Car Club, which took second place behind a Swiss team in the Solar and Electric 500 at the Phoenix International Raceway in 1991. At the time, the team set several world records including a lap speed in excess of 62 mph (99 km/h), and straight-away speeds in excess of 70 mph (112 km/h).[7]

Reactions: firegiver
When I'm looking for medical advice, I ALWAYS go to a mechanical engineer. I understand now why you're so fluent in epidemiology!

Massie earned a bachelor of science degree in electrical engineering and a master of science degree in mechanical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).[6] He participated in the MIT Solar Car Club, which took second place behind a Swiss team in the Solar and Electric 500 at the Phoenix International Raceway in 1991. At the time, the team set several world records including a lap speed in excess of 62 mph (99 km/h), and straight-away speeds in excess of 70 mph (112 km/h).[7]
You probably didn't know Bill Nye is a mechanical engineer also and a shill for everything coming out of the DNC including climate change, vaccines and running cars on pixie dust.

You probably didn't know Bill Nye is a mechanical engineer also and a shill for everything coming out of the DNC including climate change, vaccines and running cars on pixie dust.
And I don't listen to Bill Nye. Your point?

If inflation goes to 5%, just my cost of living increase in pay every year should be close to 7 thousand dollars and hits 10 grand every year within a few years. That will put me in the highest pay bracket and it won't just be me. It will affect most everyone in the middle class. The only way to get an adjustment will be for the Republicans to run the table with enough majority in the Senate to end a filibuster.
You hit the nail on the head.

CPI and PPI coming in hotter than expected over the last two days adding to the inflation that Bidens policies have created.

B.I.D.E.N.O.M.I.C.S.

Inflation is theft. Buy BTC

CPI and PPI coming in hotter than expected over the last two days adding to the inflation that Bidens policies have created.

B.I.D.E.N.O.M.I.C.S.

You want to pay more at the grocery store? Just wait until bunker boy deports all of the "illegals". It is going to be hilarious when he calls on "patriots" like yourself to get out in the fields and pick our food.

You want to pay more at the grocery store? Just wait until bunker boy deports all of the "illegals". It is going to be hilarious when he calls on "patriots" like yourself to get out in the fields and pick our food.
Its hillarious to me that you wan't a higher minimum wage for Americans and claim to fight for the lower class yet let the illegals come in and undercut the price of American labor.

And im not above picking food, just pay me the right price. In fact, id love to get out from behind this computer and get outside if i could make the equivalent amount of money.

Its hillarious to me that you wan't a higher minimum wage for Americans and claim to fight for the lower class yet let the illegals come in and undercut the price of American labor.

And im not above picking food, just pay me the right price. In fact, id love to get out from behind this computer and get outside if i could make the equivalent amount of money.

If trump wins and deports the "illegals", you will get your wish about working the fields. I would not expect the same amount of money you make now, though. Trump will pay you low wages, and he and his family will take their "taste" through your required donations to his super PAC.

He is such an idiot. He is fvcking slurring and you can't understand anything he says and when you can understand it doesn't make any logical sense. He is such an embarrassment.

The argument that we have low inflation as compared to other countries is a stupid argument. At first it was Trumps fault and now it's everyone else does it. What will the next excuse be?

We all know why there is real inflation. Because the government is creating money out of thin air to fund their bloated ass budget.

Cut spending and buy BTC!!!

This is the proper way to deal with inflation. Take an AX to bloated government programs

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016

B.I.D.E.N.O.M.I.C.S.

Replying to yourself. Nice

If trump wins and deports the "illegals", you will get your wish about working the fields. I would not expect the same amount of money you make now, though. Trump will pay you low wages, and he and his family will take their "taste" through your required donations to his super PAC.
So he will essentially be a union boss, got it.

Reactions: fatpiggy
I'm not saying it's all on Biden. Probably a poorly structured message as it's really 2 issues. 1 - Inflation is here. 2 - Raising corporate taxes and pumping money into unemployment and entitlement programs will exacerbate that.

I do think that a few democrat-inspired policies have contributed. The scale of the shut-downs for one. The approach to unemployment as well, though the pubs didn't really do a good job articulating a better alternative because (I'm guessing) they were afraid of seeming callous.

All on printing of money and deficits

Thank all the elected idiots

Well looky here. All that hand wringing about inflation that some of you insinuated was Biden's fault was temporary as we thought.

"What's happening: The price of lumber, fed by a construction boom, has dropped 40% from the all-time high it reached in early May, while copper prices have fallen back 11%. Corn prices are 14% lower.
Long-term bets on commodities just overtook bullish bets on bitcoin as the most crowded trade in markets, according to Bank of America's latest survey of global fund managers. That could be a sign that the commodities surge, which is causing prices to rise, may have run its course."

Also:
"And companies are even more eager to expand their workforces today than they were following the tax windfall. A sub-index measuring CEOs' plans for hiring surged to a record high during the second quarter.
CEO optimism near historic highs, particularly with record hiring plans, is a strong sign that we are climbing out of this unprecedented crisis," Walmart CEO Doug McMillon, who serves as the chairman of the Business Roundtable, said in a statement."

Baghdad Bob must be your poppa

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT