ADVERTISEMENT

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

tigerford

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Dec 31, 2010
The Good

-good to see AJ Hoffler get some relevant snaps last night as the fifth defensive end. I think he starts next year opposite TJ Parker.

-the offense was obviously disappointing but at least the running game was a positive. Thought we should have given even more carries to Mafah. He was getting an extra yard or two after contact on just about every run.

-on the first kick by Weitz, I thought Dabo was crazy for sending him out there. I ate my words. MVP of the game goes to Mr. Weitz. Three huge kicks from distance.

-Nate Wiggins tackling was so good last night. I specifically mention this because that seemed to be the one chink in his armor. Even beyond the ‘low chops’ that apparently drew comment from Beamer, he quickly dropped all pass catchers near him. Mike Reed has done a fantastic job developing this kid. Hope he ‘crushes it’ in the League.

The Bad

- disappointing performance by our receivers last night. I saw the following drop some big passes: Tyler Brown, Olsen Patt-Henry, Josh Sapp, Troy Stellato.

-Klubnik’s legs were huge in this game but I am disappointed in his decision making/ability to throw the ball down the field. Should have been two picks on the roughly five total passes beyond 15 yards. I thought Riley would have done a better job of developing Cade in this area at this point of the season.

The Ugly

-before the game I noticed Patt-Henry had participated in four games to date this season. In an effort to preserve his redshirt, I thought he would not ‘go’ and we instead would just roll with Briningstool, Sapp, and Banks Pope. Interesting that he did and we burned his redshirt by one game.

-Barrett Carter’s tackling. He had a miserable start to the game with several big missed tackles. He did make some plays later on. Even the uninformed announcer Taylor Zarzour comically commented that he was having an excellent game at one point! No doubt a disappointing season for 0. Hopefully he comes back to atone for it in ‘24. Getting him and Trotter back for next season is one of the biggest offseason storylines for next year. The depth and options are bare without them.

-Did you notice all the ‘middle fingers’ in the air by the SCAR fans at the start of halftime? That is embarrassing for them and a clear contrast to how our fanbases conduct themselves in a game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News