ADVERTISEMENT

The Nichols kid recruitment is a good example of what really bugs me about the portal and NIL

tigersmith '75

Gold Member
Nov 1, 1999
He visited Clemson. I assume he got the same recruiting pitch as any high school player - great facilities, family atmosphere, great academics, championship level coaching and a talented team around him that is capable of winning championships. I assume he also got an NIL offer that was well above the poverty level but not as good as the guys who are already starting for us.

He visited Arkansas next where Sam Pittman is hanging on by his fingernails having no more than a 50-50 chance of making it through next season. I'm sure they made a good recruiting pitch but they are selling "we hope we can" while Clemson is selling "we have almost all the pieces and we know we can do it because we've already been doing it"

Somewhere in the course of both these visits, Nichols made it clear that all the recruiting pitches and chances to play for championships are less important to him than getting paid. In other words, winning on the field or in the classroom is not his first priority.

The Arkansas collective has apparently still chosen to be the high bidder. My question for them is - past the obvious raw talent, what do they see in this young man that makes them believe he is committed to helping them win football games?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News