Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com
-----

Tuesday Evening Post-practice Nuggets

By: Larry Williams

Got a chance to chat with Adam Randall and Wade Woodaz after today's practice.

A few of the more notable items:

-- Randall said it's been huge for him to be out there going through practice, and doing so without a knee brace.

"Throwing the brace to the side and not having that on my leg really lets me get to my top speed faster. It's really helped me play free."

-- Randall said he was amazed right away during spring practice when he saw the offense going up and down the field during a scrimmage.

Randall and Beaux Collins of course were on the sideline sitting out recovering from surgery. That the offense was able to do it that early, without two of its main weapons on the outside, sold Randall on Garrett Riley. Randall noted that he played in an Air Raid offense in high school.

-- Randall said Tyler Brown is a really fast guy who can move.

"I love the way he brings a good mindset to the room."

Said Brown will help the team out in the return game and on offense.

"You've just got to get the ball in his hands, and something is going to happen."

-- He adores Cade Klubnik, his roomate. Said one of the best decisions he's made in college is rooming with Klubnik. Cade inspires him every day while also holding him accountable.

-- Woodaz said he was down to 205(!) pounds during the Orange Bowl, and he was knocked around by Tennessee's offensive linemen.

"I told my dad after the game: 'This ain't happening anymore,'" he said.

He's now up past 230 pounds and he did it by drinking 12 protein shakes a day during the offseason.

He said he's been much more physical and even surprises himself when he hits someone and sees how much they move.

"I can hold my own and move a 300-pound lineman. It's a great feeling to not get knocked over anymore."

-- Woodaz said Xavier Thomas' speed brings something off the edge that's different from the past.

Said XT can line up off the ball as a linebacker in space.

"He puts fear in quarterbacks' hearts to know he can be there in half a second."

-- Woodaz said he's seen a different Andrew Mukuba from the moment the Orange Bowl ended.

"He's been a completely different person. He's healthy, and he was tired of getting bashed. He's locked in."

-- Woodaz has been playing quite a bit of MIKE backer with Jeremiah Trotter out with a hamstring injury.

"I already know WILL and SAM and safety, and now knowing MIKE makes it all fit."

-- On Dee Crayton: "He is extremely flashy and quick. That's the main thing. He's fast and he can move downhill very quickly. He's also a very hard worker. He's not going to duck away from putting in work."

-- The football team is off Wednesday for the start of classes. They'll be back on the practice fields Thursday, and we'll have plenty of content between now and then. Hope everyone out there is doing well!

NOTE: Please do not copy/paste or summarize any portion of this post to other sites and social media, as it is a direct violation of copyright laws. Thank you.

LINK: New Clemson Nike Zoom Pegasus 40 Running Shoes!

11p2.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News