ADVERTISEMENT

Ukraine War

I need more documentation on this. How many kids?.... and please attach some receipts.
Anyway, corruption happens. I’m not so naive as to say it’s not there, and I don’t want to dismiss any allegation of it in Ukraine as Russian slander.

That being said, Ukraine is under immense pressure from the West to clean its act up. They piss off the US (and to a lesser extent the EU), and the jig’s up. The military equipment that’s been sent has been put to good use. The financial support is perhaps more ripe for grift, though I have no reason to believe that’s a particularly serious problem in comparison to the orc invasion. You live with the lesser of evils.

It’s the same with the neo-Nazis that are indeed active within the Ukrainian army (Azov Battalion is now the 3rd Separate Assault brigade). They’ll have to come to grips with that after the war. For now, if these people want to kill Russians, I’ll take it. Not going to let less than 5% of its members spoil my view of the AFU at this time.

Reactions: yoshi121374
Current status of the Zaporizhzhia front:

AFU broke through Russian lines just west of Verbove.

Objective is presumably Tokmak, logistics hub.

Current status of the Donetsk front:

Ukrainians control the railway south of Bakhmut, highway T0513 under fire control. Goal appears to pin Russian forces in Bakhmut rather than to immediately take the city back

Ukrainian's expanded their foothold just south of the stronghold at Avdiivka.

Stalemate in the direction of Siversk. Ukrainians retain Bilohorivka and control of the forests to the west. Difficult for anyone to move through.

Former Democrat Congressman turned lobbyist Jim Moran just added the Ukrainian government as a client for

$25,000/month. The letter outlining their agreement says funds will come from a virtually untraceable Ukrainian non-profit called "Ukraine Freedom."

Is Ukraine aid from US taxpayers just being funneled back to DC elites?

Empty rhetoric. Ukrainians hit the command center of the Russian Black Sea Fleet with British-made cruise missiles and these bozos didn't do shit.

Boy is it beautiful.
I'll add, this is in Crimea, land that Russia considers to be just as Russian as Moscow.

It's something like the equivalent of Naval Base San Diego getting hit and Biden angrily waving his fist.

These American Communists do not care they will do whatever they want blatantly and say to hell with the American people.

These American Communists do not care they will do whatever they want blatantly and say to hell with the American people.

1. You'd be better served not throwing around the word "communist" when it doesn't have shit to do with this.
2. You love some executive authority when it comes to Donald.
Biden, "I'll send State Department money to Ukraine" met with gnashing of teeth.
Trump, "I declassify whatever I want by saying so" met with subservient agreement.

So are we against the President doing whatever he wants or not?

A snapshot of what Americans think now

New polling provides further evidence that American public support for Ukraine remains robust and bipartisan, and may even be more forward-leaning than the opinions of many in Congress or the White House.

A September 7-18 poll by the Chicago Council on Global Affairs (CCGA) reported that 63 percent of respondents supported “sending additional arms and military supplies to the Ukrainian government.” This follows an August 10-17 survey by Change Research and Razom for Ukraine, which found that 63 percent of respondents said that they supported “continuing [US] military support for Ukraine in next year’s federal budget.”

Republicans in the CCGA poll supported military aid to Ukraine at a 50 percent clip, while in the Change-Razom poll, 41 percent of Republican respondents favored additional military support (compared to 77 percent of Democrats and 60 percent of Independents in the CCGA poll, and 87 percent of Democrats and 52 percent of Independents in the Change-Razom survey).

What’s more, the CCGA and Change-Razom polls suggest that the percentage of Americans who say aid to Ukraine has been “worth the cost” is holding steady. In June, the Reagan Institute found that 50 percent of Americans said US aid to Ukraine was worth the cost (65 percent of Democrats, 41 percent of Republicans).

Those numbers jumped significantly when respondents were informed that for 3 percent of the US military budget, Ukraine had “significantly degraded” the Russian army (an increase in 12 percentage points for
Democrats, 18 for Republicans). Change-Razom asked the same question and got similar results: Overall “worth the cost” responses jumped from 46 percent to 57 percent overall; 52 percent to 62 percent for Democrats and 45 percent to 56 percent for Republicans. Most recently, the CCGA poll recorded overall “worth the cost” figures at 53 percent overall, 38 percent for Republicans and 69 percent for Democrats.

Over the course of three months, the number of Americans who believe Ukraine aid is worth the cost has held solid. While Republicans are less likely than Democrats to support military assistance, the strong plurality that does believe aiding Ukraine is worth it has not dropped beyond the polls’ margin for error. And when Americans in both parties get more information on how US military aid is helping Ukraine to defeat Russia, support jumps by double digits. As such, Ukraine backers in Congress and the White House would do well to explain more clearly why US aid matters. US President Joe Biden said he will do just that in the coming days.

It's nonsensical. You get the "I'm just against it" or "it's wasting billions" answers with no real thought other than a comparison to the border wall. As a Republican, it's incredibly frustrating dealing with the low IQ members of our party.
Meh. There is also a happy medium. There is support with detailed knowledge of where money is going. Financial support and transparent accounting aren’t mutually exclusive. That’s all some want. There is also supporting without doing so at the expense of our own national security. The support Ukraine no matter what crowd is as stupid as the isolationist morons.

A Texan in Donetsk: Russell Bentley Explains the Huge Relevance of the Russian Siege of Avdiivka – ‘Once It Falls the Donbas Front Will Shatter Like Glass’​

Russian spoiling attack. Attempting to draw forces from the Ukrainian offensive.

Trump personally has some good foreign policy instincts but the people he surrounds himself with and the Republican Party generally do not

Poll: Plurality Of Americans Say U.S. Is Doing ‘Too Much’ For Ukraine​

LOL. Plurality. When the number of votes cast for something receives more than any other but does not receive an absolute majority.

In other words, the majority (60%) of Americans support what we are doing in Ukraine. The ones who don't support what we are doign are the dipshits who worship trump and put him above our own country. You mongrels blame Ukraine for his impeachment, and therefore want to leave Ukrainians to die.

Reactions: dpic73
"If you look at the Ukraine assistance,” McConnell said on CBS, “a significant portion of what’s being spent in the United States and 38 different states, replacing the weapons that we send to Ukraine with more modern weapons, so we’re rebuilding our industrial base.”

This is absolutely not true.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
LOL. Plurality. When the number of votes cast for something receives more than any other but does not receive an absolute majority.

In other words, the majority (60%) of Americans support what we are doing in Ukraine. The ones who don't support what we are doign are the dipshits who worship trump and put him above our own country. You mongrels blame Ukraine for his impeachment, and therefore want to leave Ukrainians to die.
My opinion has nothing to do with Trump.

• Haha
Reactions: nytigerfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT