ADVERTISEMENT

What does Dabo do now?

tigfan92

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Nov 13, 2002
We are all grateful for what Dabo has built here, and he deserves everything he has as a result. I have zero issues with his salary. That's what multiple playoff appearances and 2 national championships get you. The reality is though, College Football looks nothing like it did when Dabo took over the program. It is basically semi-pro football now. Given that, what does Dabo do now? Clearly, his approach doesn't work in terms of wins and losses. He believes in building culture through hiring former players and old acquaintances, and while culture is important, it does not win you elite recruits in this new era. When you refuse to get aggressive with the transfer portal, you are going to get what you saw last night. I give Dabo tons of credit for making the change at OC after last season. I didn't think he had that in him. That said, he needs to take a hard look at every coaching and analyst position in this program and ask himself if they are championship quality coaches. If not, he should fire them. He also needs to look at the way he manages his roster ane how he recruits and uses the transfer portal. Are we bringing in championship quality talent? If not, why not? Dabo deserves a statue in front of Death Valley, but as much as it pains me to say this, if he won't do this stuff, he should move on.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News