ADVERTISEMENT

2.5 MONTHS of GOP congressional control; 0 passed legislation for crime or border

You can't be this obtuse. Are you telling me that none of the non black offenders were democrats? Obviously you can't put a reliable specific number/percentage there, but it is certainly safe to assume a significant percentage of them were democrats as well based on voting demographics for the population. I would think 30% would be safely on the low end given 40%+ of white voters vote democrat. That would be an overwhelming majority. Bless your heart.

You are all over the place, as usual. The original point was that more violent crimes happen in red states (states that are controlled by the GOP) than blue states. That's a fact. It is not up for debate.

You and @scotchtiger got butthurt by that fact and started making up data to show that most people who commit these crimes are democrats. That is just stupid.

Especially when you consider that, on average, only about half of our population of voting age even votes. I am guessing that most of the people who are out there committing violent crimes are not dem or republican, and probably don't vote.

You are all over the place, as usual. The original point was that more violent crimes happen in red states (states that are controlled by the GOP) than blue states. That's a fact. It is not up for debate.

You and @scotchtiger got butthurt by that fact and started making up data to show that most people who commit these crimes are democrats. That is just stupid.

Especially when you consider that, on average, only about half of our population of voting age even votes. I am guessing that most of the people who are out there committing violent crimes are not dem or republican, and probably don't vote.
Scotch also implied that red states have a lot of poor persons of color, but it seems like the irony is lost on him that their votes don't count and they are subject to red state policies. Maybe the policies are the issue... 🤔

$5B in COVID money to one elementary school to teach CRT. Classic Marge.

How long to see a mouth breather on this forum start quoting that number?

The Democrats have had absolute power over the three branches of government for two years and not a single piece of legislation passed on any level on Immigration

Is this correct ?

Reactions: TigerGrowls
The Democrats have had absolute power over the three branches of government for two years and not a single piece of legislation passed on any level on Immigration

Is this correct ?
Let me help you

How many Senators does it take to pass a bill?

How many Senators were Democratic?

What are Republicans known for?

Let me help you

It was 50-50 and Camelaaatoe was the tie breaker. The only meaningful bill they tried to pass was the spendthrift inflation reduction act. Potential filibuster is just a cop out for not trying so take that cold piss somewhere else.

It was 50-50 and Camelaaatoe was the tie breaker. The only meaningful bill they tried to pass was the spendthrift inflation reduction act. Potential filibuster is just a cop out for not trying so take that cold piss somewhere else.
Always remember little MAGA grasshopper, you never know what the **** you're talking about.

"Since Biden’s election, Democrats have made the party’s strongest drive for immigration reform in at least a decade. Even so, that immigration bill Biden sent Congress his first day in office was quickly shelved in the House with no prospect in the Senate, given the position of many GOP hardliners and the need for at least 10 Republican Senate votes. The White House maintains that immigration reform is a priority.

“We have long said from Day One that if Congress wants to take good steps to improve our immigration system and border security, we would welcome that,” said a White House official. “It’s why on his first day in office the president sent legislation to Congress.”

Scotch also implied that red states have a lot of poor persons of color, but it seems like the irony is lost on him that their votes don't count and they are subject to red state policies. Maybe the policies are the issue... 🤔

Very little is lost on me. I don't think red state policies force poor minorities to kill one another.

Did you take my bet yesterday? I hope you win.

in about 14 months we will hear a steady drum beat of Biden administration gets nothing done right up to the election. in reality they will be at the core of it, but it will work on growls and thus 40% of America will believe it. they will vote for whichever racist they nominate and then cry when their shit candidate loses to a shit candidate from the other side. rinse repeat.

eventually people will stop supporting the two major parties, but i will be long dead by then.
are you insinuating in this that every conservative is racist? thats quite far fetched and I would argue the same if the political roles were reversed.

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Always remember little MAGA grasshopper, you never know what the **** you're talking about.

"Since Biden’s election, Democrats have made the party’s strongest drive for immigration reform in at least a decade. Even so, that immigration bill Biden sent Congress his first day in office was quickly shelved in the House with no prospect in the Senate, given the position of many GOP hardliners and the need for at least 10 Republican Senate votes. The White House maintains that immigration reform is a priority.

“We have long said from Day One that if Congress wants to take good steps to improve our immigration system and border security, we would welcome that,” said a White House official. “It’s why on his first day in office the president sent legislation to Congress.”

But you have dems that don't agree with the policies, it's not just repubs. If America has a creaking infrastructure and climate change is going to destroy half the country then letting millions of people into said country seems like a counter intuitive concept given the ongoing reduction of natural resources, food, energy, water, etc.....no?

You do not understand how DC works. POTUS does not originate legislation. Action talks and B*LL$1t walks. No immigration reform was voted or put up for vote and thats a fact.

Additionally Trump had a system working at a high level and it would have just improved and the Dumb@$$ dems led by China Joe came in and purposefully blew it to hell. You support these good for nothings so thats a reflection on you by association. There is nothing you can say to refute truth. Just saying.

are you insinuating in this that every conservative is racist? thats quite far fetched and I would argue the same if the political roles were reversed.
No, I’m not. Read it again and see if you can figure it out.

Shocking you’re trying to find a way to be offended though. Snowflakes.

Let me help you

There is a such thing as filibuster and cloture to which I readily admit can stop legislation.

Now that being said BOTH sides of the aisle will say the other has no plan

My point is the Democratic side of goverment should have brought a piece of legislation passed from House onto Senate which then could have tried to get a compromise on it

My point is and I blame both sides it seems for example no one will bring the legislation to a head,

Just complain about the other side

My question which you stumbled at avoiding was No the Democrats despite having all branches of government did NOTHING

Now don’t get all huffy and blown up with anger and word darts

I am saying I find myself frustrated when both sides complain about the other but continually fail to work at compromise

Governing is a difficult task with the system the fat white bald elitist Founding Fathers developed

That being said it is the best system in the world as a three part Republican form of government

Let me help you

I also want to give the argumentative answer here and act as an antagonist instead of a reasonable educated person expressing wisdom in understanding the process

NYTIGER was all over the Republicans have the House for one month and no legislation

Well you answered his post as a fellow ally

Because of divided goverment we make better decisions

Let me help you

Please suggest nytigerfan read your post

Obviously you are better educated than him unless he is asking a rhetorical question

But you have dems that don't agree with the policies, it's not just repubs. If America has a creaking infrastructure and climate change is going to destroy half the country then letting millions of people into said country seems like a counter intuitive concept given the ongoing reduction of natural resources, food, energy, water, etc.....no?

That wasn't the question I was responding to. Growls was implying the Dems made no attempt at introducing legislation, which isn't true.

Comprehensive immigration reform will require both sides to sit down together but it's always stalled because the Pubs only care about the wall, while Dems want to address all aspects of the issue. DACA has been a major sticking point but there are others as well.

Having said that, I'm not happy with the way either party has addressed it and now it seems to be spiraling out of control. I have sympathy for those fleeing from persecution and poverty but at some point we've got to get a little more heavy-handed because there are just too many seeking asylum for us to handle appropriately.

I also want to give the argumentative answer here and act as an antagonist instead of a reasonable educated person expressing wisdom in understanding the process

NYTIGER was all over the Republicans have the House for one month and no legislation

Well you answered his post as a fellow ally

Because of divided goverment we make better decisions

The republicans ran on fixing this issue. They promised immediate solutions. They have done nothing. They will do nothing. But come 2024, they will claim to the party that wants to fix the border again.

Reactions: dpic73
The republicans ran on fixing this issue. They promised immediate solutions. They have done nothing. They will do nothing. But come 2024, they will claim to the party that wants to fix the border again.

Let me say that ANYONE who said there was a quick fix was a moronic clown

I did hear people say if Biden had just the policies of Trump in place this situation would now not be to the fiasco it is

Just for a moment breathe deeply and say I will not base my thoughts on hating Trump but totally on what was appearing to work two years ago

Was it the perfect solution NO

But is was working

Now again take that deep breath and strictly look at the numbers and the fiasco

Fentanol ? spelling out of control

Human Trafficking out of control

Sex slaves and human slavery out of control

Humans particularly children for sale for body parts

Murders and other crime rising due to flood of migrants

Gangs from Migrants endangeting large cities

Cartels controlling the border

Terrorists being brought in by cartel's

The list of problems that are far worse today than when Trump left office

All Biden had to do was finish the wall and maintain the policies until he could bring legislation to Congress and get it passed tjhrough a compromise

But hell no we gotta hate on the opposition party and screw the country over to prove I am the man

Sad but true Politicians dont care about us little people

Reactions: leetp
This is especially troubling when we know that the murder rate in red states far exceeds that in blue states. It's like the GOP doesn't even care about their constituents.

Takeaways​

• The murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Donald Trump has exceeded the murder rate in the 25 states that voted for Joe Biden in every year from 2000 to 2020.
  • Over this 21-year span, this Red State murder gap has steadily widened from a low of 9% more per capita red state murders in 2003 and 2004 to 44% more per capita red state murders in 2019, before settling back to 43% in 2020.
  • Altogether, the per capita Red State murder rate was 23% higher than the Blue State murder rate when all 21 years were combined.
  • If Blue State murder rates were as high as Red State murder rates, Biden-voting states would have suffered over 45,000 more murders between 2000 and 2020.
  • Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.

Now do it by Red vs Blue cities.

Did you miss this?

Indeed I did. Though two cherry-picked cities hardly make a case. And maybe there's more there, but I'm not likely to trust any surface review of still more cherry-picked data. And to what end? I know first hand that crime is rampant in parts of my otherwise conservative-run home town while in other places I've lived, such as liberal run Connecticut, it quite safe (where I lived, anyway) Either way, its a fools errand. Neither party effectively governs differently, save for but a few on either extreme. Crime is largely a cultural issue that neither party has the guts to address--save through occasional brute force tactics (largely from the right) that at least seems at times to make things worse.

But I get the schtick. There are groups of ppl on these boards that love to troll each side and take turns flaming one another.

I suppose I really came on here to say, good on you for holding the Repubs accountable. But, exactly what sort of legislation should be passed (by one-half of one chamber of our bicameral legislature)? Do not we already have perfectly adequate and enforceable laws regarding immigration and crime? Isn't it a matter of enforcing it? Cannot whatever new legislation passed be just as effectively ignored as the current?

Both sides have demonstrated a rather disgusting propensity to leverage and exploit these tragic humanitarian crises to satisfy their lust for financial and political power. I'm not so young that I don't remember the democrats championing legislation to tighten up our border and (gasp) build a wall.

Since you guys brought it up, what's your solution?

Last edited:
Indeed I did. Though two cherry-picked cities hardly make a case. And maybe there's more there, but I'm not likely to trust any surface review of still more cherry-picked data. And to what end? I know first hand that crime is rampant in parts of my otherwise conservative-run home town while in other places I've lived, such as liberal run Connecticut, it quite safe (where I lived, anyway) Either way, its a fools errand. Neither party effectively governs differently, save for but a few on either extreme. Crime is largely a cultural issue that neither party has the guts to address--save through occasional brute force tactics (largely from the right) that at least seems at times to make things worse.

But I get the schtick. There are groups of ppl on these boards that love to troll each side and take turns flaming one another.

I suppose I really came on here to say, good on you for holding the Repubs accountable. But, exactly what sort of legislation should be passed (by one-half of one chamber of our bicameral legislature)? Do not we already have perfectly adequate and enforceable laws regarding immigration and crime? Isn't it a matter of enforcing it? Can't whatever new legislation passed be just as effectively ignored as the current?

Both sides have demonstrated a rather disgusting propensity to leverage and exploit these tragic humanitarian crises to satisfy their lust financial and political power. I'm not so young that I don't remember the democrats championing legislation to tighten up our border and (gasp) build a wall.

I am involved with some government in my retirement as a give back

One of my exact statements is we don’t need to pass any new laws

just enforce what we have and the US and world would be a safer place

for example we have a legislature but Presidents are constantly doing executive action

or the Supreme Court is trying to legislate by their activism

Dude we have a Congress

follow the rules and laws they pass

not the bypassing by the executive and judicial

I am involved with some government in my retirement as a give back

One of my exact statements is we don’t need to pass any new laws

just enforce what we have and the US and world would be a safer place

for example we have a legislature but Presidents are constantly doing executive action

or the Supreme Court is trying to legislate by their activism

Dude we have a Congress

follow the rules and laws they pass

not the bypassing by the executive and judicial
You asked for a solution

Just enforce the present laws

With the huge amount of money saved you can fund improved police forces along with better recruits and training

use the huge savings on the budget to focus on school literacy

in the schools only teach subjects and not endoctination

this is a start but will never happen as there are people making fortunes off of chaos and the drug companies love the crisis so they can make money

greed and power over freedom

that is the problem with the country and always will be

it is an evil we all must fight to keep our democracy

I suppose I really came on here to say, good on you for holding the Repubs accountable. But, exactly what sort of legislation should be passed (by one-half of one chamber of our bicameral legislature)? Do not we already have perfectly adequate and enforceable laws regarding immigration and crime? Isn't it a matter of enforcing it? Cannot whatever new legislation passed be just as effectively ignored as the current?

Both sides have demonstrated a rather disgusting propensity to leverage and exploit these tragic humanitarian crises to satisfy their lust for financial and political power. I'm not so young that I don't remember the democrats championing legislation to tighten up our border and (gasp) build a wall.

Those two cities were not "cherry-picked", I used them as an example specifically because they are the two largest cities with Republican mayors, in order to compare them to other cities in their state and nationally. I then compared them to Democrat run cities of comparable size that were next on the list. Very straightforward.

I was addressing the tired conservative narrative that Democrat run cities are crime-infested due to failed governance, when the statistics run counter to that argument. The take-away should be that crime is higher in cities with large populations, no matter the political orientation of the mayor. It sounds like you are in agreement with that so it isn't necessarily directed at you.

Dig a little deeper and you'll find that states that have weaker gun laws have seen gun crimes surge.
Clearly, a major driver of the national increase in violence is the easy availability of guns. The violence can’t be explained by any of the Republican talking points about “soft-on-crime” Democrats because Democratic-run major cities spend 38% more on policing per person than Republican-run cities, and 80% of the largest cities increased police funding from 2019 to 2022.

To be clear, it’s been Republican policies that have made it easier for people to get and carry guns. Republicans are lying about the real cause of rising crime to protect their patrons – gun manufacturers.

Neither side will do anything. They are both terrible. You guys don’t care about fixing immigration as you just see more future D voters. Pubs somewhat care, but don’t have a comprehensive plan and like to use it to fear monger. Again, both sides suck.

If you have the data to prove that, I would love to see it. Crime in blue counties is likely driven by the large cities in them, and...

• Even when murders in the largest cities in red states are removed, overall murder rates in Trump-voting states were 12% higher than Biden-voting states across this 21-year period and were higher in 18 of the 21 years observed.

I took a moment and googled the Red Cities versus Blue Cities and same for Red States versus Blue States as to comparing Murder Rates

Based on what I read there is a strong push by Democratically financed think tanks to create a narrative that Red States are more dangerous than Blue States

Apparently based on what I read the Blue Cities are driving up murder rates in Red States

Along with some creative 1+1= what do you want it to be accounting methods

So not a hard answer but points out the statistical data is now being politically weaponized

• Haha
I took a moment and googled the Red Cities versus Blue Cities and same for Red States versus Blue States as to comparing Murder Rates

Based on what I read there is a strong push by Democratically financed think tanks to create a narrative that Red States are more dangerous than Blue States

Apparently based on what I read the Blue Cities are driving up murder rates in Red States

Along with some creative 1+1= what do you want it to be accounting methods

So not a hard answer but points out the statistical data is now being politically weaponized

Of course it is. These guys know is it’s not a bunch of trumpers or fiscal conservatives shooting people in the streets. They know that Jim Clyburn’s district in SC captures many of the most dangerous parts of the state. They know that top murder cities in red states like New Orleans, St. Louis, Jackson, etc are dem cities.

But I understand why they distort stats to change the narrative. That’s politics.

Of course it is. These guys know is it’s not a bunch of trumpers or fiscal conservatives shooting people in the streets. They know that Jim Clyburn’s district in SC captures many of the most dangerous parts of the state. They know that top murder cities in red states like New Orleans, St. Louis, Jackson, etc are dem cities.

But I understand why they distort stats to change the narrative. That’s politics.

What facts did I distort? The answer is none. You still have not provided any actual data. Crazy old @PalmettoTiger1’s anecdotal google searches don’t count.

Usually, you are a conservative poster that i somewhat respect. But your take on here that dem voters are the ones committing violent crimes is absolutely absurd and embarrassing for you.

Neither side will do anything. They are both terrible. You guys don’t care about fixing immigration as you just see more future D voters. Pubs somewhat care, but don’t have a comprehensive plan and like to use it to fear monger. Again, both sides suck.
It's pretty disappointing to know that you've become a TuQQer stan as well. I used to respect you and thought you were fair and balanced.

What facts did I distort? The answer is none. You still have not provided any actual data. Crazy old @PalmettoTiger1’s anecdotal google searches don’t count.

Usually, you are a conservative poster that i somewhat respect. But your take on here that dem voters are the ones committing violent crimes is absolutely absurd and embarrassing for you.

Here's some data for you.

Highest murder rates in red states - all top 10 in murder rate nationally (Source):
  1. St. Louis, MO | Mayor - Democrat
  2. Birmingham, AL | Mayor = Democrat
  3. Dayton, OH | Mayor = Democrat
  4. Baton Rouge, LA | Mayor = Democrat
  5. New Orleans, LA | Mayor = Democrat
  6. Kansas City, MO | Mayor = Democrat
  7. Memphis, TN | Mayor = Democrat
  8. Cleveland, OH | Mayor = Democrat

Moving on, income inequality and poverty are the leading indicators of homicide. Here is an article from Scientific American touching on it.

While the Democrats have a substantial wealthy voting block, those in poverty and those at the bottom on the income distribution vote largely blue. Here is an article describing this a bit.

They [Democrats] have become a coalition of well-to-do city-dwellers, mostly professionals and office workers, and low-income minorities, both Black and Hispanic. The party thus broadly dominates the two tails of the income distribution, high and low. The Republicans, though always in thrall to the very wealthiest, draw their voting base from suburbs, smaller cities, towns and rural areas, overwhelmingly white, and broadly in the middle of the national income distribution.

There is a clear correlation between homicide and low income and a clear correlation between low income and voting democrat.

Now on to a visual exercise. Take a look at the Southeast in particular. The first is a map of homicide rate by county. The second is a map of the 2020 election by county. See a pattern?

xl23t365qub41.png

p-1-try-to-impeach-this-original.gif

Again, we have a very high correlation between blue voting counties and heavy homicide concentration.

Look at the heavy blue concentration along the Mississippi River, where violent cities like Memphis, Jackson and New Orleans are. Then the blue cuts through the deadliest parts of MS and AL as it goes east. The pattern remains clear through east-central SC and NC.

You pick up a similar pattern as you head west to NM and AZ. Even the blue portion of TX is deadlier than the rest.

So again, your narrative is BS. Now supported with data.

• Haha
Here's some data for you.

Highest murder rates in red states - all top 10 in murder rate nationally (Source):
  1. St. Louis, MO | Mayor - Democrat
  2. Birmingham, AL | Mayor = Democrat
  3. Dayton, OH | Mayor = Democrat
  4. Baton Rouge, LA | Mayor = Democrat
  5. New Orleans, LA | Mayor = Democrat
  6. Kansas City, MO | Mayor = Democrat
  7. Memphis, TN | Mayor = Democrat
  8. Cleveland, OH | Mayor = Democrat

Moving on, income inequality and poverty are the leading indicators of homicide. Here is an article from Scientific American touching on it.

While the Democrats have a substantial wealthy voting block, those in poverty and those at the bottom on the income distribution vote largely blue. Here is an article describing this a bit.

They [Democrats] have become a coalition of well-to-do city-dwellers, mostly professionals and office workers, and low-income minorities, both Black and Hispanic. The party thus broadly dominates the two tails of the income distribution, high and low. The Republicans, though always in thrall to the very wealthiest, draw their voting base from suburbs, smaller cities, towns and rural areas, overwhelmingly white, and broadly in the middle of the national income distribution.

There is a clear correlation between homicide and low income and a clear correlation between low income and voting democrat.

Now on to a visual exercise. Take a look at the Southeast in particular. The first is a map of homicide rate by county. The second is a map of the 2020 election by county. See a pattern?

xl23t365qub41.png

p-1-try-to-impeach-this-original.gif

Again, we have a very high correlation between blue voting counties and heavy homicide concentration.

Look at the heavy blue concentration along the Mississippi River, where violent cities like Memphis, Jackson and New Orleans are. Then the blue cuts through the deadliest parts of MS and AL as it goes east. The pattern remains clear through east-central SC and NC.

You pick up a similar pattern as you head west to NM and AZ. Even the blue portion of TX is deadlier than the rest.

So again, your narrative is BS. Now supported with data.

The fact that you think you provided data is troubling, but not surprising. Pretty pictures are not data.

And who would have thought that the murder rate would be higher in cities where people are all i top of each other all the time? Crazy, right?

And I’ll say it one more time. Only about half the country votes. I am guessing that the people committing these violent crimes are not making it the polls to vote democrat.

The fact that you think you provided data is troubling, but not surprising. Pretty pictures are not data.

And who would have thought that the murder rate would be higher in cities where people are all i top of each other all the time? Crazy, right?

And I’ll say it one more time. Only about half the country votes. I am guessing that the people committing these violent crimes are not making it the polls to vote democrat.

Lol. It is data. And yea the cities are one thing, but what about the rural counties along the MS river that are bright blue for voting and deep red for homicides? Same in central MS/AL and east-central SC (Clyburn's district) and NC?

I don't care if they vote or not. You tried to tie murder rates to republican led states. I correctly pointed out that is the democrat pockets in these states that drive the murder rates. The pretty pictures above pretty clearly prove that to be true.

• Haha
Lol. It is data. And yea the cities are one thing, but what about the rural counties along the MS river that are bright blue for voting and deep red for homicides? Same in central MS/AL and east-central SC (Clyburn's district) and NC?

I don't care if they vote or not. You tried to tie murder rates to republican led states. I correctly pointed out that is the democrat pockets in these states that drive the murder rates. The pretty pictures above pretty clearly prove that to be true.
What are the gun policies in southern red states?

guncollector1-web.jpg

Reactions: nytigerfan

You make my day thinking of me

Thank you nytigerfan

I am going to leave you my legacy on this earth if you live long enough

nytigerfan may you live long and fruitful and morph into what all older people change to as they age conservative

may you be blessed with the most conservative bent possible

you are thinking at the moment what is the old fool saying

just like the Ghost of Future Christmas’s

I am showing you what is in your future

Enjoy knowing you will one day be a ME LOL

Well, they’re the same in the red areas and the blue areas of those southern states. But the blue areas are far more deadly. Perhaps it’s not the gun laws.

I have a house full of guns and know how to use them

Do having the guns knowing how to use them makes me a threat or what

Strange thing is I don’t wake up a single morning thinking I need to kill a living human

And surprisingly not a single gun of mine has sneaked out the house and killed anyone

So maybe its something other than me being white bald fat male that for some reason people want to accuse anything fitting those adjectives will automatically have racist and white supremist added to the long list of disparaging remarks

Point is just having guns and knowing to to hit bullseyes make someone a killer

Just dangerous if threatened

And meanwhile, after further power outages, Texans are digging through dumpsters to find food, while their republican governor tweets about building a border wall.

I am guessing that all those reds who left California for that Texas shithole are regretting it now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT