Gold Member
Jan 25, 2009
Talk about incompetence

Warp Speed got us here

Slow Distribution sucks

The entire US stock of vaccines should have been depleted in days

The military and every medical service should have been vaccinating people

Shame on the people who are all talk and slow action

This is going to be a big issue in the weeks ahead.

Every state is a little different but when you prioritize certain groups -- medical workers, seniors, etc -- it slows the process down. You are only giving shots to people who fit the criteria.

If your goal was to get it out as fast as possible you would just say we have 500 doses, sign up to be one of those 500. You would have people waiting in line to get the shot.

Last edited:
Reactions: TigerTC
Pfizer said they would be producing 5-10 million doses per week beginning the first week in december. Moderna said they would have about 20 million doses for the US by the end of 2020.

If those numbers were true and administered, that would have been enough between those two to vaccinate almost the entire population of 65 and over by year end which is roughly 55 million people.

Reactions: yoshi121374
This is going to be a big issue in the weeks ahead.

Every state is a little different but when you prioritize certain groups -- medical workers, seniors, etc -- it slows the process down. You are only giving shots to people who fit the criteria.

If your goal was to get it out as fast as possible you would just say we have 500 doses, sign up to be one of those 500. You would have people waiting in line on the vaccine and waiting in line to get the shot.
You had 6 months to get a massive comprehensive list/plan together. No excuse.

This is infuriating

Vaccinate every person in every medical facility

Hell you have everyone capable of giving each other shots

That would have been like a one or two day deal

Teachers heck they have a school nurse or they could have been mass inoculated in one day

Nursing homes He’ll yeah

All the people needing the vaccine could have had it applied literally in one day of the nursing staff applying shots

This has been a mass SNAFU

What in the hell is wrong with the people that govern us

And you are responsible as we keep voting the pricks into office

Pfizer said they would be producing 5-10 million doses per week beginning the first week in december. Moderna said they would have about 20 million doses for the US by the end of 2020.

If those numbers were true and administered, that would have been enough between those two to vaccinate almost the entire population of 65 and over by year end which is roughly 55 million people.
No they’d be sitting in refrigerators currently because the absolute failure of many states.

You need two doses. Double that.

Explain how it’s Trump’s fault. Thanks.
Depends on how you look at the function of the government in a public health crisis, they stopped the plan at delivering the vaccine to the states. No comprehensive plan to make sure people were able to actually get vaccinated beyond sending shipments to states.

Amen My point exactly

What is wrong with these incompetent state government frauds posing as leaders

oh no we want the government bonus when we qualify a death as covid

I hear$ 77,000 per death

everyone regardless of reason is dying of covid

It’s because no one thought it was a good idea to uh....plan for distribution.

There needs to be a list of names ranked from most needed to not. Then have a large facility in place with staff to conduct the vaccinations. We don’t have any of that.

Reactions: PalmettoTiger1
Talk about incompetence

Warp Speed got us here

Slow Distribution sucks

They decided to hold vaccines back so there was enough supply for the second dose. I think that was a federal decision. There are many experts who argue they should give everyone the first shot as quick as possible and hope the manufacturers can keep up. Even if you account for this the states should be a doing a better job of getting first doses out. Doing just healthcare workers is great and all, but not very efficient.

The vacccine rollout will be like testing was in early days where the first few months it will seem like they can’t catch up, but in a few months there will be plenty of supply and they will open it up beyond just certain groups.

This is infuriating

Teachers heck they have a school nurse or they could have been mass inoculated in one day

Nursing homes He’ll yeah

All the people needing the vaccine could have had it applied literally in one day of the nursing staff applying shots

There are a lot of medical people not wanting to get the vaccine. That’s part of the slow down.

It’s because no one thought it was a good idea to uh....plan for distribution.

There needs to be a list of names ranked from most needed to not. Then have a large facility in place with staff to conduct the vaccinations. We don’t have any of that.

A list of everyone in the country? Seems cumbersome.

You think it would be better to have a central facility where all the people go rather than sending the vaccine to dozens of places in each state? Seems like all the people going to one place is a bad idea.

What burns my ass is a flame three feet high or

Teachers doing remote teaching from vacation spots and threatening not to return to work

FIRE their butts and move on as the work product they are putting out now royally sucks
Based on my grandkids when they show me the teaching on Zoom

teachers are abusing the remote thing

so start the firings

Amen My point exactly

What is wrong with these incompetent state government frauds posing as leaders

oh no we want the government bonus when we qualify a death as covid

I hear$ 77,000 per death

everyone regardless of reason is dying of covid

It’s government. Outside of the military, I can’t think of anything it does particularly well.

Everyone knows government jobs are coasting compared to private sector. “Good enough for government work.”

I’m never surprised at the government’s - federal and state - failure to execute. I’m just surprised people want to expand its responsibility.

Teachers doing remote teaching from vacation spots and threatening not to return to work

FIRE their butts and move on as the work product they are putting out now royally sucks

so start the firings

Amen! Furthermore once we get past 5th grade most kids don’t need to continue traditional school. Get them into coding and other IT fields, learn manual trades, find a way to be productive citizens.

We won’t need as many teachers or as big of an “education system” and that will save the tax payer tons. It will
Have the side effect of getting more people into the workforce to help the economy as well.

• Haha
Reactions: cyclotiger
If this was like 1962 with oral Polio all 20 mil would have been in arms in a day.
But it was targeted to nursing home patients and hospital workers. If you haven’t visited a LTCF during Covid then you have no idea what a cluster. You have to get family permission and doctors orders. Multiple private doctors. Dementia with no family available.
And Hosptials, especially large ones, have to risk stratify employees, work with shifts, and work with part time and prn employees. And believe it or not, unlike flue shots, it isn’t required.
When we get to the gen pop it will be injected as fast as available.
This is the truth. The only fault here is that the above wasn’t realized and publicized.
And most places, like SC, there can’t be 80 year olds lined up. Because front line and nursing homes are 1-A and get all the current doses.

I read yesterday parts of rural Georgia had as many as 60% of the medical staff refusing to take the vaccine. Parts of California had some similar numbers.
My wife is an OR nurse and according to her it’s probably 50/50 amongst the surgeons she works with who are taking it. She took hers yesterday. No side affects so far

I think people are just assuming that the overwhelming majority of people would be lining up to get the vaccine given the year we just had. Surprisingly, many who have been offered the vaccine (at least where I’m at) are turning it down.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85

so start the firings
Amen! Furthermore once we get past 5th grade most kids don’t need to continue traditional school. Get them into coding and other IT fields, learn manual trades, find a way to be productive citizens.

We won’t need as many teachers or as big of an “education system” and that will save the tax payer tons. It will
Have the side effect of getting more people into the workforce to help the economy as well.

Lolololololol. Yikes.

Talk about incompetence

Warp Speed got us here

Slow Distribution sucks

Honestly, it is because there has been ZERO national strategy at the federal/executive level to coordinate a response and fight this virus. Everything from the beginning has been pushed to the states who do not have the infrastructure and resources to handle what has become a disjointed pandemic response. The vaccine distribution is no different. All just to be able to allow the President to abdicate responsibility and point the finger at the governors if things went bad.

The pitiful testing strategy was first. It still stinks. The lack of PPE is another. It was left to the states and governors to bid against each other and drive up prices. The lack of national strategy to educate and coordinate a public response with masks, etc. and outfit businesses. The horrible PPP part of the CARES Act and fleecing of American taxpayers with a program where 90% of funding went to less than 10% of businesses. Businesses not even impacted being given millions while others fail and cant get funding. Failure to fund and prepare our schools for reopening and leaving it to the states and local school boards to do whatever they can however they want. Now you have the non existant vaccination efforts and preparedness to get the vaccine to people. Everything being done is falling to underfunded and unprepared local groups.

Warp speed is a joke. The effort and technology to develop these vaccines in record time has been in the works for over a dozen years. It has been a private sector effort. Sure, the President agreed to purchase vaccines in advance and in some cases give a grant for testing. But the technology was a private sector effort. Signing a check from the taxpayer is something anyone in America could have done.

Where has the leadership been in managing this pandemic response? The task force was disbanded because the president didnt want to talk about the virus anymore and he embarrassed himself talking about injecting bleach. He has been preaching that the virus was all going away after the election and it was all just a media hoax. Now we are almost 2 months after the election and 4,000 people a day are dying. Meanwhile he says and does nothing. He spends all of his time playing golf or propogating an election fraud hoax to sooth his ego.

We have 10s of millions of doses that can rescue our people, our hospitals, and our local economies sitting in freezers because there was no dedicated federally coordinated effort to distribute these privately developed vaccines. It is an abomination.

This is infuriating

Nursing homes He’ll yeah

OP you can have mine. I'm not taking it... actually I'll sell it to you if you want!

Honestly, it is because there has been ZERO national strategy at the federal/executive level to coordinate a response and fight this virus. Everything from the beginning has been pushed to the states who do not have the infrastructure and resources to handle what has become a disjointed pandemic response. All just to be able to alloe the President to abdicate responsibility and point the finger at the governors if things went bad.

The pitiful testing strategy was first. It still stinks. The lack of PPE is another. It was left to the states and governors to bid against each other and drive up prices. The lack of national strategy to educate and coordinate a public response with masks, etc. and outfit businesses. The horrible PPP part of the CARES Act and fleecing of American taxpayers with a program where 90% of funding went to less than 10% of businesses. Businesses not even impacted being given millions while others fail and cant get funding. Failure to fund and prepare our schools for reopening and leaving it to the states and local school boards to do whatever they can however they want. Now you have the non existant vaccination efforts and preparedness to get the vaccine to people. Everything being done is falling to underfunded and unprepared local groups.

Warp speed is a joke. The effort and technology to develop these vaccines in record time has been in the works for over a dozen years. It has been a private sector effort. Sure, the President agreed to purchase vaccines in advance and in some cases give a grant for testing. But the technology was a private sector effort. Signing a check from the taxpayer is something anyone in America could have done.

Where has the leadership been in managing this pandemic response? The task force was disbanded because the president didnt want to talk about the virus anymore and he embarrassed himself talking about injecting bleach. He has been preaching that the virus was all going away after the election and it was all just a media hoax. Now we are almost 2 months after the election and 4,000 people a day are dying. Meanwhile he says and does nothing. He spends all of his time playing golf or propogating an election fraud hoax to sooth his ego.

We have 10s of millions of doses that can rescue our people, our hospitals, and our local economies sitting in freezers because there was no dedicated federal effort to distribute these privately developed vaccines. It is an abomination.
Not really true. We have known for months how it would be distributed in hospitals to employees and in LTCF. It is logistically very tough and the federal government has no role down in those weeds.
Once it is available on demand folks will be complaining that it is being given too rapidly and they can’t find it.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT