"59 Points Allowed in 30 minutes"

WilliamsonRoadMafia

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
Enjoy.

1. nole96Ultimate Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

NewI could be wrong, but I don't think we've ever scored that many in 30 minutes. Against anyone, even the cupcakes. And yet it's happened to us. At home. Amazing.

2. TheTruth_Ultimate Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

NewLeathal simplicity

3. fsu scooterAll-ACC
    Gold Member

NewWith no Offense!
    And D has to play 85%
    We will lose everytime

4. nole96Ultimate Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

NewI looked around at some of the more lopsided scores by different teams over the years, and I couldn't find a single instance of a team allowing 59 points in under 30 minutes of regulation. I'm talking everyone, cupcakes included. Savannah State came close in their epic 84-0 disaster at Oklahoma State a few years ago, and that's the biggest blowout in college football in the last 20 years.

If I kept looking I might find a couple instances, but I doubt it came in a team's home stadium. It might be the first time it's ever happened in a team's home stadium.

5. Spearhead04Veteran Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

NewWhere are you coming up with 59 points in 30 minutes? It was 28 points in first half and 31 in the second half.

6. nole96Ultimate Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

New

Where are you coming up with 59 points in 30 minutes? It was 28 points in first half and 31 in the second half.
    First point came at 13:19 left in 2nd quarter.

59th point came at 13:50 left in the 4th quarter.

That's 30 minutes. Well, 29 minutes and 31 seconds to be exact.

7. KitingHighVeteran Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

New

I looked around at some of the more lopsided scores by different teams over the years, and I couldn't find a single instance of a team allowing 59 points in under 30 minutes of regulation. I'm talking everyone, cupcakes included. Savannah State came close in their epic 84-0 disaster at Oklahoma State a few years ago, and that's the biggest blowout in college football in the last 20 years.

If I kept looking I might find a couple instances, but I doubt it came in a team's home stadium. It might be the first time it's ever happened in a team's home stadium.
    Georgia Tech scored 126 in the first half against Cumberland last time they played.

More recently Houston put up 59 in the first half and 95 total against SMU in 1989. They had over a 1000 yards of offense in that game and ran the clock out on their last drive rather than putting up 100+ points.

8. paulnvalerieVeteran Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

NewThis was the recipe for disaster... a mismatch with a hurry up offense that continues to go 3 and out while stopping the clock. Jimbo's offense would have kept the final score a lot more respectable but we would have been no closer to winning.

9. whitworth15Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

New

With no Offense!
    And D has to play 85%
    We will lose everytime
    Why make up things? In first half, time of possession was 1545-1415. Thats actually pretty close. Score was 28-0.

10. nole96Ultimate Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

New

Georgia Tech scored 126 in the first half against Cumberland last time they played.

More recently Houston put up 59 in the first half and 95 total against SMU in 1989. They had over a 1000 yards of offense in that game and ran the clock out on their last drive rather than putting up 100+ points.
    Thanks for the research. I feel better already!

11. FSUTPXStar Player
    Gold Member

NewWillie has no one to blame but himself, he's the on-field play-caller and OC.

12. jgking83Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

New

Willie has no one to blame but himself, he's the on-field play-caller and OC.
    I guess Coach Taggart is responsible for the mess that we're calling an offensive line. Makes sense to me.

13. Garnet HammerSeminole Insider
    Gold Member

New

I guess Coach Taggart is responsible for the mess that we're calling an offensive line. Makes sense to me.
    Blaming this team the o line is obviously wrong. But Taggart defenders can’t be honest, so here we are.

14. Warchant User 253Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

NewWhat’s crazy is we played them even for two quarters admittedly they had back ups in the 4th....

15. FSUTPXStar Player
    Gold Member

New

It's the OL's fault that players throw punches to the opposition.

It's the OL's fault that WRs drop the ball

It's the OL's fault they can't line-up correctly.

It's the OL's fault others players quit.

16. Garnet HammerSeminole Insider
    Gold Member

New

It’s the o lines fault our defense has been average at best.

17. jgking83Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

New

Not entirely, but it definitely leads to frustration and players pressing.

This team is weak mentally and physically. It's a major job to fix some of these issues.

As far as the pre-snap penalties, I'm one that has zero patience for those. However, we've had those issues for a long time. It's on the coaches, yes. It's also on the QB and definitely the WRs. I always knew when I should be on the line and always checked with the official. There's really no excuse for not doing that.

If we're blaming Coach Taggart simply because he's the head coach, fine. Goes with the territory. If you legitimately think all those issues are his fault, you don't know what you're talking about.

18. nole96Ultimate Seminole Insider
    Gold Member

New

What’s crazy is we played them even for two quarters admittedly they had back ups in the 4th....
    Tied them 0-0 in the 1st. Tied then 7-7 in the 4th. It was those pesky 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Reactions: douggainey
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News