ADVERTISEMENT

A different viewpoint..

Molokai Tiger

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2008
Offense - thought the OL played a lot better than I would have thought; I know at one point Mafah had 14 carries for 56 yards at one point in the third qtr; you'd take 4.0 YPC against UGA... just need more rushes... they also pass protected pretty well IMO; I may be in the minority but I thought Cade showed some promise; a real bad first play throw.. but made some nice plays; the biggest problem by far IMO is the lack of gamebreakers; once again, Tyler Grisham's crew played passive; don't know why 8/22 kept going out there; and why I didn't see 6 and 0 on the field together a lot; need to put the two freshman and Tink Kelly out there and see what they can do because you know what you have with randalll and it isn't much; Would have liked to have seen Haynes get some carries at garbage time and think it is just stupid to have mafah returning kicks given our thin RB room

Defense - saw some good things out of Capehart, Woods, Green, Tre Williams... no depth at DE and LB; I really thought Lukas played very passively in the second half given real big cushions and Beck can easily make those throws; We also looked very non athletic at safety;

All in all - I really think that while the stats didn't indicate it............. this offense could be pretty decent If we can find a few playmakers at WR and I think we potentially have the personnel to do that; On the other hand, I think we are screwed on defense; no depth... only have one corner right now... and one solid safety in Mickins; and I don't think you can have a great defense in today's game without 2 really good corners... and we don't have them... or a safety; could see Hampton maybe helping out personnel wise; but I think we are screwed at safety....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.