ADVERTISEMENT

A sunday prayer!

BRaw76

Gold Member
Jul 18, 2021
I'm heading from Sunday school to the church service for today. My lesson was on the home this morning. The establishment of the home and being a leader in that home. As much as a mother is the nourishment and heart of the home, it takes a willing father to lead and guide it. It's an equal thing and it's a beautiful thing when done biblically. I've seen a lot of kids remain close to God and put him first in all of their endeavors in life and not fail.
As I taught this lesson and though about the Myrtle Beach (pastor).. His family, her family and the church family crossed my mind constantly. Please say a prayer in this case for them that supported him and her.

Sin is a nasty sickness and it starts out casually. I've seen things as a kid that I swore I'd never do, then I became a drunk and a drug addict. I did things as a teen that I said I'd never do, by my late teens I was doing worse than I promised myself I would never do. Thankfully I had a family that loved me and knew Jesus. Their prayers sustained me and lead God to me. Someone kept God's attention on me. They poured their heart out for me and God listened and intervened in my life at the age of 21. I was just getting going, legal to purchase alcohol, waiting on that age to say I can buy it without question. I wasn't ever held back for age, this was just a license to go full throttle at my addiction. Then Jesus stepped in! It was the last thing I cared about from then on.

I can't stand the thought of a Christian using prayer lightly or giving up on it! It's the most powerful weapon we have. Pray my family of believers. Please pray!! Both families need it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News