ADVERTISEMENT

Active Charlotte shootout...

When is the time? People been talking about this for decades. How many people have died because nobody wants to talk about this as a nation or community and fix the issues. Ok lets kick the can down the road and how many more will die? Will it be the time then?
Immediately after the second amendment zealots come in here and tell you the guns played no part in this and he could have done the same damage driving into a crowd or with a bomb.

I would say only in self defense like what happen in Waco and the jury in TX agreed...
stupid bad things happened in 1993. i guess that means some good cops should be killed in 2024. serves them right--doesn't it?

stupid bad things happened in 1993. i guess that means some good cops should be killed in 2024. serves them right--doesn't it?
No, the point is good cops die because of those pieces of garbage. Why did the Dallas shootings happen? People see bad cops get away with murder all the time and they laugh about it. Then people take matters into their own hands because the system failed them instead of protecting them. So a good cop wont get to go home to his/her family because of actions of some bad cops. Thats not saying this is the case here but as a community we need to address these issues head on to try and prevent them moving forward. I dont have any info about the officers involved. They could be the best of the best or the worst of the worst. I dont know any of them or anything about this group of officers. But im not turning a blind eye to some issues that run deep in law enforcement community or in the general public community as a whole. Like i said I love good cops but i hate bad ones. Some love the bad ones also and refuse to admit there are bad ones and they hurt LEO's everywhere. Trust in LEO's is at a all time low due to this problem. Time to fix this and get cops back as part of the community like back in the old days. Cops should walk a beat and get to know the people they are there to serve. Build bridges/relationships with those people instead on contempt and fear. Cops get this way because of the local elected politicians who abuse their own power and for the most part are never held to account for what they do. Time for people to take back control at a local level and vote corrupt people out. Police Chiefs that coverup bad cops need fired as do the bad cops. Cops need paid more for all the crap they put up with as do fireman and ems and the military.....

Good lord a bunch of innocent us Marshalls lost their life today doing their job and in no time we have to turn it into a political debate. I will never understand that. Thoughts and prayers to their families, friends and coworkers and that is all that really needs to be said at this time

I agree with you 100%. This is tragic and I admire these guys for doing what they do every day and feel terrible for their families. One of my good buddies is a DEA agent. Back in the day, when he was in the field, he would text me to meet up for some beers after work. I would be complaining about some spreadsheet I worked on that day, and he would tell me about diving through the open window of a car to prevent a perp from taking off. It put everything in perspective for me.

Just as side note... I hope the next time someone posts about a cop being killed in NYC or Chicago, and the usual band of idiots starts gleefully making it political and calling those cities "shithole dem cities", that you will make the same argument.

No, the point is good cops die because of those pieces of garbage. Why did the Dallas shootings happen? People see bad cops get away with murder all the time and they laugh about it. Then people take matters into their own hands because the system failed them instead of protecting them. So a good cop wont get to go home to his/her family because of actions of some bad cops. Thats not saying this is the case here but as a community we need to address these issues head on to try and prevent them moving forward. I dont have any info about the officers involved. They could be the best of the best or the worst of the worst. I dont know any of them or anything about this group of officers. But im not turning a blind eye to some issues that run deep in law enforcement community or in the general public community as a whole. Like i said I love good cops but i hate bad ones. Some love the bad ones also and refuse to admit there are bad ones and they hurt LEO's everywhere. Trust in LEO's is at a all time low due to this problem. Time to fix this and get cops back as part of the community like back in the old days. Cops should walk a beat and get to know the people they are there to serve. Build bridges/relationships with those people instead on contempt and fear. Cops get this way because of the local elected politicians who abuse their own power and for the most part are never held to account for what they do. Time for people to take back control at a local level and vote corrupt people out. Police Chiefs that coverup bad cops need fired as do the bad cops. Cops need paid more for all the crap they put up with as do fireman and ems and the military.....
i know you have a point, but you are way way way maniacally over-the-top.
get off your soap box and show some genuine sympathy for these families that lost loved ones who were just doing their jobs (without blaming bad cops for everything that is wrong with your life)

i know you have a point, but you are way way way maniacally over-the-top.
get off your soap box and show some genuine sympathy for these families that lost loved ones who were just doing their jobs (without blaming bad cops for everything that is wrong with your life)
Go back to the top. Its a response to something stated by another poster...

The officers were serving a warrant. The criminal opened the door and started shooting. There are bad cops and there are instances where they get protected. The shooting today has nothing to do with that
There are a lot of issues with cops robbing drug dealers causing these shootouts. It doesn’t excuse the criminal, but bad behavior from bad cops is getting other officers killed.

Sorry, dbjork6317, love your long football posts, but I to disagree with you on this topic. Felons cannot legally buy guns. I come from a gun loving family, and I was raised with all types, so I’m very pro-2nd Amendment. Criminals will get guns and IMHO, more gun laws will only prevent law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Just check out the cities and states with strong gun laws, they don’t work.
States with the most lax gun laws are also the most violent.

giphy.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT