ADVERTISEMENT

Active Charlotte shootout...

Flip that, most people are good and you focus on a small % of the people doing evil shit. It’s all connected and needs to be fixed. It will get way worse if not fixed...
That’s just plain bullshit. Our country is going to hell because of a lack of morals and belief in God. Crime is out of control in all big cities and it’s not because cops “are against people”. You and all your communist thumb-sucking asshole buddies can pack your shit and leave this country.

Do you think they have any laws about killing people? How are those working out right now? I'm sure tougher gun laws would have prevented this, lol.
What a moron.

I agree with the disrespect, but police protecting bad cops drive a lot of this. Need to get bad cops off the streets because its causing good cops to get hurt and killed. Bad cops think they can treat people any old way they want and people have to bow to them. Sorry doesnt work that way...
Youre So Talented Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

We need some real life cartel/gang killers that don’t play by the rules. Take all those bastards out

Ive met plenty and there are some here. There are cops that dont speak up against dirty cops and tend to hate when you point out these things. They have blood on their hands when they defend a dirty cop and feel guilt...We need cops. We need cops that are good and uphold the oath's they took. Back when my grandfather was on patrol cops walked and talked with people, played ball with kids built relationships with people. Cops these days have an us vs them way of thinking and think they are a higher class than the rest of us. Back when my grandfather worked they were peace officers. They didnt look to write tickets or make arrest unless they had to. Now they look for reasons to do all the above. Cops have turned from a friend to a wolf in sheeps clothing. Thats why lawyers tell people dont answer questions without them present. There is no quota but if you lookup the public records the cops that write the most tickets and make the most arrest get paid the most. They get the most overtime and get the most in bonuses above their base salary. Police changed in the 70's when he retired. He used to talk about before he passed. He hated how things was changing back then...
Fvck you man. For real, you are a piece of shit.

Turn off the fvcking TV and quit watching Netflix shows that make you think this is true.

I agree with the disrespect, but police protecting bad cops drive a lot of this. Need to get bad cops off the streets because its causing good cops to get hurt and killed. Bad cops think they can treat people any old way they want and people have to bow to them. Sorry doesnt work that way...
I 100% agree that bad cops should lose their job and be prosecuted if they are breaking the law.
However, please tell me what "bad cops" are doing that justify someone killing another cop they don't even know? I'll hang up and listen.

Do you know of any law that prevents criminal from having guns? Can you even make one up?
Sure I can think of lots of laws that could have been enacted at any point over the last, say, 50 years that could have easily prevented this from happening. But we’ve kicked the can so far down the road on gun laws that we’ve arrived here.

Sure I can think of lots of laws that could have been enacted at any point over the last, say, 50 years that could have easily prevented this from happening. But we’ve kicked the can so far down the road on gun laws that we’ve arrived here.
They were serving a warrant for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

To each his own, but this news makes me want to legally get a gun. I’ve never owned one in my life.

So how are you going to prevent CRIMINAL from having access to guns? You continue to be the dumbest poster on this board.
Ok, how are we going to prevent criminals from murdering people or robbing people or committing all manner of crimes? Why have any law at all if our only measure of a law is whether or not it is possible for someone to break it? I’m assuming that you favor all kinds of laws that CRIMINAL (sic) can and will break. Why?

Reactions: tboonpickens
They were serving a warrant for possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

To each his own, but this news makes me want to legally get a gun. I’ve never owned one in my life.
Makes me want to support legislators and laws that will make it far less likely that we will have a the problem of a felon possessing a firearm in the future. Something that actually deals with this situation, which you going a buying a gun does not do.

Reactions: tboonpickens
Your post wasn't about laws 50 years ago. It was about current gun laws in NC. Please tell me what laws you want passed that will prevent criminals from getting guns.
Just for kicks, tell me what laws we could have passed 50 yrs ago to prevent this now?

Reactions: JinxyPat
Makes me want to support legislators and laws that will make it far less likely that we will have a the problem of a felon possessing a firearm in the future. Something that actually deals with this situation, which you going a buying a gun does not do.
Sorry, dbjork6317, love your long football posts, but I to disagree with you on this topic. Felons cannot legally buy guns. I come from a gun loving family, and I was raised with all types, so I’m very pro-2nd Amendment. Criminals will get guns and IMHO, more gun laws will only prevent law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Just check out the cities and states with strong gun laws, they don’t work.

Your post wasn't about laws 50 years ago. It was about current gun laws in NC. Please tell me what laws you want passed that will prevent criminals from getting guns.
Just for kicks, tell me what laws we could have passed 50 yrs ago to prevent this now?
Right. If those current laws were different as a result of laws passed over the last 20, 30, 40 years etc then this would in all likelihood have not happened, and we should get to work enacting those laws now so that this doesn’t happen 20, 30, 40 years etc from now. But I mean, since this is a felon with a gun its entirely possible NC simply requiring background checks would have prevented this, but I’m sure we’ll learn more about how they acquired the guns in the days to come.

There’s several lengthy posts in my post history in regards to what things I’d like to see enacted but I don’t feel like searching for them at the moment. You can feel free to look if you’d like. But in general I’d like to see guns treated similarly to cars. Have to have a license to have one that has to be renewed and have to have them registered. I’d also like to see strong minimum penalties for first time offenders (including people who sell guns to people who are licensed). I’d also support regulation on gun manufacturers to limit the amount of ammunition that a gun can hold. Really anything that makes it much more difficult for a criminal to get a gun and much more difficult for any person to shoot a large number of people in a short amount of time and gradually reduce the overall volume of guns in the county - I’ll support just about anything that accomplishes those things.

Sorry, dbjork6317, love your long football posts, but I to disagree with you on this topic. Felons cannot legally buy guns. I come from a gun loving family, and I was raised with all types, so I’m very pro-2nd Amendment. Criminals will get guns and IMHO, more gun laws will only prevent law abiding citizens from protecting themselves. Just check out the cities and states with strong gun laws, they don’t work.
They don’t work, in part, because the states around them don’t have the same laws. The majority of guns used in crime in Chicago come from out of state. So I’d support stronger federal regulation on guns to help with this issue.

The “criminals will get guns” argument doesn’t make any sense. Criminals will break laws, that’s the definition of a criminal, so if our reason for not passing gun laws is that the laws will be broken, then let’s just repeal all laws.

Reactions: TheValley91
As many on here know, I served as a federal agent for 27 years.

In that time, I executed and served numerous "high risk" search warrants.

Many of those as a member of a HIDTA ( High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area) Task Force, embedded as a U.S. Secret Service Agent with the DEA.

These operations were conducted in the greater South Florida area against cells of the Cali and Medellin cartels.

We knew going in that the shit could go really bad, very quickly.

To the point of having Metro Dade Advanced Life Support Ambulances on site.

There were a couple of times that I left our home in Ft. Lauderdale...and really wasn't sure if I would ever see my wife again.

Those courageous U.S. Marshals never will...

God Bless those guys. And for you anti-cop f#ck sticks...kiss my ass

Three US Marshals were killed Monday and five other officers wounded when they were met with a hail of bullets while trying to serve a warrant in Charlotte, North Carolina.

Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department Chief Johnny Jennings said Tuesday called it the bloodiest day for law enforcement he’s seen in his 32 years on the job.

“Today we lost some heroes that were out there simply trying to keep our communities safe,” Jennings said at a press conference shortly after the situation settled.

“To me it’s the most tragic [day] that I’ve been involved in,” he added.

“They lost their lives after they gave us the opportunity to be in safe place,” said Charlotte Mayor Vi Lyles, fighting back tears.

“The most I can ask of our community is that we honor and respect them for all the work that they’ve done, for all the work that we’ll do, to make it possible for our city to be safer.”
The lack of respect for law enforcement in this country is going exactly as planned by the far left. I agree 100% with what you said, "And for you anti-cop f#ck sticks...kiss my ass".

Right. If those current laws were different as a result of laws passed over the last 20, 30, 40 years etc then this would in all likelihood have not happened, and we should get to work enacting those laws now so that this doesn’t happen 20, 30, 40 years etc from now. But I mean, since this is a felon with a gun its entirely possible NC simply requiring background checks would have prevented this, but I’m sure we’ll learn more about how they acquired the guns in the days to come.

There’s several lengthy posts in my post history in regards to what things I’d like to see enacted but I don’t feel like searching for them at the moment. You can feel free to look if you’d like. But in general I’d like to see guns treated similarly to cars. Have to have a license to have one that has to be renewed and have to have them registered. I’d also like to see strong minimum penalties for first time offenders (including people who sell guns to people who are licensed). I’d also support regulation on gun manufacturers to limit the amount of ammunition that a gun can hold. Really anything that makes it much more difficult for a criminal to get a gun and much more difficult for any person to shoot a large number of people in a short amount of time and gradually reduce the overall volume of guns in the county - I’ll support just about anything that accomplishes those things.
First, it is completely asinine to assert that any back ground check laws would prevent anyone, much less a felon from getting a gun. Even if it were to be true they bought a legally owned gun from their next door neighbor in a private sale(legally), do you not think they would have gotten one in an illegal manner if needed- which is much more likely to have happened anyway.

Also, I really don't understand peoples obsession with the bold. The % of people killed in this manner is almost zero as it relates to overall gun deaths. What is your definition of a large number of people?

First, it is completely asinine to assert that any back ground check laws would prevent anyone, much less a felon from getting a gun. Even if it were to be true they bought a legally owned gun from their next door neighbor in a private sale(legally), do you not think they would have gotten one in an illegal manner if needed- which is much more likely to have happened anyway.

Also, I really don't understand peoples obsession with the bold. The % of people killed in this manner is almost zero as it relates to overall gun deaths. What is your definition of a large number of people?
mass shootings have been defined as 3 or more people, so let’s stick with that definition. There have been 125 such events in the US so far in 2024, with 208 people killed. 754 were killed in 2023. That’s about 17.5% of gun deaths, so definitely not almost zero. But you’re correct in that there are many more gun deaths that are not related to mass shootings, which I don’t think is helping your argument as much as you think.

Its likely that no one single reform would have stopped today’s event, but a series of reforms over time could have and probably would have. The oft used argument of “well criminals will find a way to get a gun” is a stupid one and doesn’t make any sense unless you don’t believe that there should be any law, since every law can be broken.

Do DUI laws stop alcoholics from drinking and driving? Should we do away with those?

mass shootings have been defined as 3 or more people, so let’s stick with that definition. There have been 125 such events in the US so far in 2024, with 208 people killed. 754 were killed in 2023. That’s about 17.5% of gun deaths, so definitely not almost zero. But you’re correct in that there are many more gun deaths that are not related to mass shootings, which I don’t think is helping your argument as much as you think.

Its likely that no one single reform would have stopped today’s event, but a series of reforms over time could have and probably would have. The oft used argument of “well criminals will find a way to get a gun” is a stupid one and doesn’t make any sense unless you don’t believe that there should be any law, since every law can be broken.

Do DUI laws stop alcoholics from drinking and driving? Should we do away with those?
Mass shootings have been defined a lot of ways, most of which are more than 3 people. Not to mention you did not say mass shootings. You said "a large number of people, which 3 is certainly not.

Even using that definition, that 17.5% of gun deaths is a flat out lie no matter which year you are referring to. In 2020 there were 45K+ gun deaths per the cdc. In 2023 there were ~ 43K. 43,000 * 17.5% = 7525. 7525 is a lot more than 743.

There are probably 3x as many people beaten death or killed with a knife every year than there are in mass shootings. Why don't you start a campaign against fists and knives and save multiple times more lives?

Mass shootings have been defined a lot of ways, most of which are more than 3 people. Not to mention you did not say mass shootings. You said "a large number of people, which 3 is certainly not.

Even using that definition, that 17.5% of gun deaths is a flat out lie no matter which year you are referring to. In 2020 there were 45K+ gun deaths per the cdc. In 2023 there were ~ 43K. 43,000 * 17.5% = 7525. 7525 is a lot more than 743.

There are probably 3x as many people beaten death or killed with a knife every year than there are in mass shootings. Why don't you start a campaign against fists and knives and save multiple times more lives?
I would but criminals will just find a way to get knives and fists, so what’s the point?

Sorry I forgot a zero in my calculations, but I don’t think you arguing that 3 people being killed in a shooting isn’t a big deal is a very good look.

Let’s go back to the days of muskets (you know, the kind of guns they had when the 2nd amendment was actually written) and that’ll solve pretty much all of the issues with gun violence in one fell swoop.

I 100% agree that bad cops should lose their job and be prosecuted if they are breaking the law.
However, please tell me what "bad cops" are doing that justify someone killing another cop they don't even know? I'll hang up and listen.
I would say only in self defense like what happen in Waco and the jury in TX agreed...

I would but criminals will just find a way to get knives and fists, so what’s the point?

Sorry I forgot a zero in my calculations, but I don’t think you arguing that 3 people being killed in a shooting isn’t a big deal is a very good look.

Let’s go back to the days of muskets (you know, the kind of guns they had when the 2nd amendment was actually written) and that’ll solve pretty much all of the issues with gun violence in one fell swoop.
That is exactly the point.

Also, I did not say 3 people being killed isn't a big deal. All loss of life is a big deal.

I said it was statistically insignificant. Anyone who is legitimately interested in saving lives and not political rhetoric would find another drum to beat that would actual make a significant difference. It's why I am not on a crusade to ban vending machines even though they kill people too. - not that the lives of people who are killed by vending machines don't matter, just in case you were wondering.

Also, I know you said you made a calculation error, but that 17.5% number must have seemed reasonable to you if it didn't immediately stand out as being ridiculous.

Does it make any difference to you that mass shooting make up 10x fewer deaths % wise than you thought?

Also, I know you said you made a calculation error, but that 17.5% number must have seemed reasonable to you if it didn't immediately stand out as being ridiculous.

Does it make any difference to you that mass shooting make up 10x fewer deaths % wise than you thought?
No, it doesn’t. Will it make a difference to you the next time 20 kids are killed in a school shooting? Because that will happen again. And again. And again. Its interesting you’ve moved the goal posts from talking about gun violence overall and today’s shooting to only wanting to focus in on my mention of mass shootings. Don’t worry, you won’t have to avoid the topic of today’s shooting for long, there’ll be another one coming along for you to avoid tomorrow.

And I’m happy to support safety regulations on vending machines as well.

That’s just plain bullshit. Our country is going to hell because of a lack of morals and belief in God. Crime is out of control in all big cities and it’s not because cops “are against people”. You and all your communist thumb-sucking asshole buddies can pack your shit and leave this country.
Of course it is I agree with the lack of morals. A moral cop wont coverup for a evil cop. Good moral people wont coverup for evil people...

No, it doesn’t. Will it make a difference to you the next time 20 kids are killed in a school shooting? Because that will happen again. And again. And again. Its interesting you’ve moved the goal posts from talking about gun violence overall and today’s shooting to only wanting to focus in on my mention of mass shootings. Don’t worry, you won’t have to avoid the topic of today’s shooting for long, there’ll be another one coming along for you to avoid tomorrow.

And I’m happy to support safety regulations on vending machines as well.
Stop killing babies and Ill have respect for your so called moral outrage at kids getting killed in school. Remind us again on your stance with Nashville again. I hate kids getting hurt in the violence but nobody is trying to get at the root of the issues that cause the violence...

Last edited:
Stop killing babies and Ill have respect for your so called moral outrage at kids getting killed in school. Remind us again on your stance with Nashville again. I hate kids getting hurt in the violence but nobody is trying to get at the root of the issues that cause the violence...
My stance on what about Nashville? The mass shooting at the school there? I think that’s just another example of why we need gun reform. When was my stance on that ever any different?

Good lord a bunch of innocent us Marshalls lost their life today doing their job and in no time we have to turn it into a political debate. I will never understand that. Thoughts and prayers to their families, friends and coworkers and that is all that really needs to be said at this time

So basically never, which is not the case in 99% of police murders.
Yes it should be rare. Cleaning out some of the garbage in these departments would be a start. But fixing the trust with the public Im not sure it can be fix anytime soon. May take generations to fix that issue...

My stance on what about Nashville? The mass shooting at the school there? I think that’s just another example of why we need gun reform. When was my stance on that ever any different?
The gun is a symptom of a much larger issue that another gun law wont fix. Shit tons more people die to drugs and being drunk than guns. Are you ready to ban both of those? Are you ready to end no fault divorce? Many issues go to the root of whats wrong today. Single parent homes drive this up even more. Kids need to be raised with both parents so they dont grow the fuk up all fuked up like they do today... Hate on bible thumpers all you want, Im not one of those, but they do have a valid point. Until we are ready to accept the truth things wont get better....

The gun is a symptom of a much larger issue that another gun law wont fix. Shit tons more people die to drugs and being drunk than guns. Are you ready to ban both of those? Are you ready to end no fault divorce? Many issues go to the root of whats wrong today. Single parent homes drive this up even more. Kids need to be raised with both parents so they dont grow the fuk up all fuked up like they do today... Hate on bible thumpers all you want, Im not one of those, but they do have a valid point. Until we are ready to accept the truth things wont get better....
Ok cool

giphy.gif

Reactions: yoshi121374
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT