ADVERTISEMENT

AI - Chat GPT - Grok - Claude - Et al

fatpiggy

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 18, 2002
These things are simply amazing. If you aren’t using them in your day to day life yet, you are falling behind. Also, teach your school age children how to effectively use AI. It will fast forward their learning by leaps and bounds.

AI is like having a PHD degree dropped in your lap for free.

I already use it in my work to design trades and do other tasks that I used to perform manually.

people who don't understand how AI works telling everyone its like having a PHD degree dropped in your lap for free...lol.

I use AI, but acting like its infallible is so funny to me. At best its a decent secretary. Automation has existed for a while. Some of us do it for a living.

Reactions: jroller
people who don't understand how AI works telling everyone its like having a PHD degree dropped in your lap for free...lol.

I use AI, but acting like its infallible is so funny to me. At best its a decent secretary. Automation has existed for a while. Some of us do it for a living.
No one said it’s infallible. It’s a nascent technology.

I use it more often than I use google now.

I agree that there hasn’t been that earth shattering discovery or use yet, but it reminds me of the dot.com era. Lots of hype, some consolidation, but massive long term growth.

And it’s hard to look at the money being spent, the energy being consumed, and frankly NVDA stock, and just consider it a ho hum technology.

I think it’s worth learning how to use it to your advantage. It is undoubtedly smarter than most of this board. Combined.

Reactions: Clemson_Titan
AI hype is gonna dip, but the LLM tech is legit and will find its way to destroying jobs in America.
My question to the board is: When AI and robotics can do all the jobs. Is capitalism still viable?

AI hype is gonna dip, but the LLM tech is legit and will find its way to destroying jobs in America.
My question to the board is: When AI and robotics can do all the jobs. Is capitalism still viable?
Valid question. I don’t think we know what form of government will be the best, but we can look at the recent past and make a reasonable assumption that it will be the best solution going forward.

The robots will produce cheap labor. Maybe things become really cheap and only a 3 or 4 day work week is necessary. Who is going to manage and tend the robots? The are computers and will need maintenance.

Will it destroy jobs as threatened, just like what many feared with the internet, or does it free up humans to tackle more difficult tasks and create an economic boom, like what actually happened with the internet?

The threat of losing jobs to automation has been there since the Industrial Revolution, but has never come to fruition.

Last edited:
Valid question. I don’t think we know what form of government will be the best, but we can look at the recent past and make a reasonable assumption that it will be the best solution going forward.

The robots will produce cheap labor. Maybe things become really cheap and only a 3 or 4 day work week is necessary. Who is going to manage and tend the robots? The are computers and will need maintenance.

Will it destroy jobs as threatened, just like what many feared with the internet, or does it free up humans to tackle more difficult tasks and create an economic boom, like what actually happened with the internet?

The threat of losing jobs to automation has been there since the Industrial Revolution, but has never come to fruition.
America is in a very unique position. With China and Russia fading, we have an opportunity to secure our economy and country for decades. We must continue to bring technology home and must invest in our infrastructure. High speed rail. Manufacturing etc.
If we do that, we will have great results.

Reactions: fatpiggy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT