ADVERTISEMENT

AI nerds....

gardentiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Is there an ai that can detect coordinated Judging Bias in high school debate tournaments? For instance if a local team loads up community judges who are told to vote a certain way so as to benefit therir team's outcome. It would need to analyze voting patterns only. No debate content is recorded or written. And the affiliate judge to team is known.

Is there an ai that can detect coordinated Judging Bias in high school debate tournaments? For instance if a local team loads up community judges who are told to vote a certain way so as to benefit therir team's outcome. It would need to analyze voting patterns only. No debate content is recorded or written. And the affiliate judge to team is known.
You could build it but would have to gather training data which I doubt is easily available. Essentially would have to gather unstructured data via voice to text during the debate and feed that into the LLM to assess who had the better performance.

Since there is no economic incentive to build a product for that you would need to do some lifting to gather the data.

No no. You would only look at voting patterns. My hunch is that there is a team that has its judges identify the other teams stars and then gives them the loss. Parents are the judges. They are not allowed to judge their kids or their kids' team members.

No no. You would only look at voting patterns. My hunch is that there is a team that has its judges identify the other teams stars and then gives them the loss. Parents are the judges. They are not allowed to judge their kids or their kids' team members.
You don’t need AI for that then. A simple statistical analysis could support your hypothesis.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT