Anheuser-Busch said to lay off U.S. corporate staff as Bud Light sales slump

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com
Anheuser-Busch said to lay off U.S. corporate staff as Bud Light sales slump
By: Jessica Kuruthukulangara - SA Editor

Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) has laid off over 300 U.S. employees, the Wall Street Journal reported, as the brewer struggles with weak Bud Light sales amid backlash over a controversial ad campaign featuring trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

The layoffs affect less than 2% of AB InBev's (BUD) ~18K workforce in the U.S. The move will not impact brewery and warehouse employees or drivers and field sales workers.

As part of the layoffs, AB InBev (BUD) eliminated corporate and marketing roles at offices in St. Louis, New York and Los Angeles.

"These corporate structure changes will enable our teams to focus on what we do best - brewing great beer for everyone," said AB InBev (BUD) CEO Brendan Whitworth.

Bud Light sales have weakened in recent months as customers boycott the brand over the ad campaign. Bud Light was dethroned as the top-selling beer in U.S. last month.

"While investors are waiting for BUD to fully quantify the impact of the Bud Light situation, we see upcoming H1 results as likely timing for such clarification," Morgan Stanley said last week.

AB InBev (BUD) will report Q2 results on next week (August 3) before U.S. market open.

LMAO... Not a Bud Lite fan although I'm a "drink what's in the cooler" kind of guy. I just find it funny that a really conservative company that gives TONS of money to conservative causes gets dinged by the very people they help all b/c they send some chick with a dick a can with their picture on it. That's cancel culture at its very best.

What's even funnier, is that the Florida governor, who personally and publicly attacked Bud Lite on a couple of occasions, is now about to... and yes, you truly CAN'T make this stuff up... SUE Bud Lite b/c of the financial damage to the Florida pension plan caused by the damage to Anheuser-Busch InBev by the Bud Lite fiasco.

Yep, he's suing the company HE as governor attacked b/c the company isn't performing well for the Florida pension plan.

Anyone remember when the Republican party had serious people in it and the Dems and Libs were the ass clowns?

Last edited:
LMAO... Not a Bud Lite fan although I'm a "drink what's in the cooler" kind of guy. I just find it funny that a really conservative company that gives TONS of money to conservative causes gets dinged by the very people they help all b/c they send some chick with a dick a can with their picture on it. That's cancel culture at its very best.

What's even funnier, is that the Florida governor, who personally and publicly attacked Bud Lite on a couple of occasions, is now about to... and yes, you truly CAN'T make this stuff up... SUE Bud Lite b/c of the financial damage to the Florida pension plan caused by the damage to Anheuser-Busch InBev by the Bud Lite fiasco.

Yep, he's suing the company HE as governor attacked b/c the company isn't performing well for the Florida pension plan.

Anyone remember when the Republican party had serious people in it and the Dems and Libs were the ass clowns?
holy shit wow

Desantis has self destructed to a laughable, and frankly shocking degree. It's so interesting to watch politicians when they get on the big stage. Some play really,really well, Clinton,Obama,Bush, others I'm forgetting, and some just crash. It's so hard to project.

shoot-yourself-gun_tfxnt_6648.jpg

Desantis has self destructed to a laughable, and frankly shocking degree. It's so interesting to watch politicians when they get on the big stage. Some play really,really well, Clinton,Obama,Bush, others I'm forgetting, and some just crash. It's so hard to project.
Obviously why his prez. bid never really made it out of the starting blocks.

Reactions: yoshi121374

More companies should be sued for their ESG policies. ESG policies do not align with those of the shareholder and we will see many more lawsuits coming.

I suggest you don't bother replying, something broke him. Also, he's kinda dumb.
Like I said, it's just funny... Apparently the ESG policies were good enough for Desantis until the pension got damaged... THEN it's a problem. Bottom line is that he helped damage something that is part of his job to oversee. Very clownish...

Reactions: yoshi121374
It's just funny, with Desantis openly attacking the company and damaging their bottom line, THEN suing them b/c they aren't performing well enough.
It is a bit ironic. But maybe he was attacking him for the policies that created the situation in the first place?

It is a bit ironic. But maybe he was attacking him for the policies that created the situation in the first place?
No question about it... He was attacking the company for their "woke" policies and encouraging folks not to buy Bud Lite. While some might find a Government Official attacking a private company troubling, that's neither here nor there.

My point was that he attacked a company who's bottom line effects everyone on a FL pension. It's part of his job to look after that pension and his actions didn't help and as a very public official probably hurt. Again, fair enough I guess if he doesn't mind hurting the bottom line of the FL pension. BUT then suing b/c the bottom line isn't good enough? REALLY?

No question about it... He was attacking the company for their "woke" policies and encouraging folks not to buy Bud Lite. While some might find a Government Official attacking a private company troubling, that's neither here nor there.

My point was that he attacked a company who's bottom line effects everyone on a FL pension. It's part of his job to look after that pension and his actions didn't help and as a very public official probably hurt. Again, fair enough I guess if he doesn't mind hurting the bottom line of the FL pension. BUT then suing b/c the bottom line isn't good enough? REALLY?

I don't necessarily think that it was DeSantis that hurt them, they hurt themselves with the policy. DeSantis is well within his rights to attack bad policy.

Corporation would be best to leave the ESG out of their operations and they could avoid this situation altogether. Many of those policies go against the fiduciary duty to the shareholder.

Bud light and this fiasco will be a case study for many years to come.

More companies should be sued for their ESG policies. ESG policies do not align with those of the shareholder and we will see many more lawsuits coming.
this might be the funniest post you've ever made. excellent work.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT