ADVERTISEMENT

**** Antonio Williams (quotables) ...

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com
----

From our Grayson Mann today following Antonio Williams' availability after practice:

We got about 10 minutes from Antonio before they rushed him away to a team outing. Here's what he said.

In the receiving room:
- Antonio believes this room is a lot closer this year. He thinks there's depth everywhere with this team. "We have freshmen like Tyler Brown who can take my place if I'm not doing my job. There's no messing around."

On Tyler Brown:
- Tyler Brown's film blew him away. He thinks Brown's technique stands out in his game.

On his offseason:
- As a freshman, he thought he was immature. The balance of football and school was tough to adjust. He says he missed class, trying to do too much as a starter. This year, he's taken a more relaxed approach.

On Garrett Riley:
- "You can ask anyone on offense; he brings a swagger to the room. We are playing more free. Cade's feeling himself, and we all have something to prove." Riley's personality has meshed well with the players, saying there's a goofier side to him that the cameras don't see.

Extra Notes:

Barrett Carter, who dubbed himself "Bigger Zero," anointed Williams as Big Zero when he arrived last year.

The South Carolina game has stuck with him. He feels he let the team down after a fumbled punt return that sealed the game. It has been a chip on his shoulder the entire off-season.

Last year, Antonio thought he was getting jammed way too easily. He's been in the weight room more this offseason to have an aggressive part of his game. His emphasis has been improving his ability to get yards after the catch.

The offense has a lot more confidence, and they have continued to get big plays on the defense in competitive periods. He said that they won in the "win" drills today and that some fights started, resulting in some people getting removed from practice.

Williams added that he wants to be able to play in any spot as a receiver and that Riley has plays drawn up with him lined up on the outside.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News