ADVERTISEMENT

Any legal experts on the board

That can predict if the state Supreme Court will strike down Columbia’s (and now Clemson’s) school directed mask ordinances…

trying to decide whether to:
A) send my kids with no masks and see if the city/school enforces it
B) switch schools
Simple question... do you love your kids?

So smoking, eating too many carbs, not exercising, excess stress, poor diet, excess alcohol, drugs, etc etc etc meet this EXACT SAME logic. Are you going to be consistent and apply the logic to laws that limit a person’s ability to self harm in those ways that inevitably lead to less room and higher insurance premiums?

Same logic NYC used to ban “large sodas” years ago. Did you support that?
You mean the same logic that SC (along with all other states) used to highly tax cigarettes and tobacco products?

Reactions: clemsonu0219
You mean the same logic that SC (along with all other states) used to highly tax cigarettes and tobacco products?
No. It's not even close to the same logic. I already pay Taxes for my children to go to School. If there are increased costs associated with that then they are free to increase my Taxes, which they do all the time.

When a product is taxed, I still have the choice as to whether or not to buy the product. Some are taxed higher, and that's equivalent to like an Excise Tax. If taxes are overburdened there on a specific product, the consumers of that product petition the Government and go from there.

The equivalent logic here (remember the post I was directly responding to), would be:
  • Cigarettes/Tobacco product usage increases space taken up in Healthcare facilities, etc AND increase insurance premiums therefore the Government should ban the use of them.
Same logic as:
  • NOT wearing face coverings in school increases space taken up in Healthcare facilities, etc AND increase insurance premiums therefore the Government should ban the practice.
You could literally plug in a million or more things for the underlined.

Last edited:
That can predict if the state Supreme Court will strike down Columbia’s (and now Clemson’s) school directed mask ordinances…

trying to decide whether to:
A) send my kids with no masks and see if the city/school enforces it
B) switch schools

Not trying to be an ass, but you might benefit from option C. Pick up the phone and have a real, honest, science based conversation with a leading children’s pulmonologist (many have significant experience in epidemiology). Listen to them about the important differences between Delta and earlier iterations of Covid in how they impact children, especially those who aren’t old enough to be vaccinated. Discuss masks with that doctor as well. I’m writing this from experience as we have had lengthy chats with the top pulmonary docs in the world at Children’s Hospital in Boston. If what they tell you won’t change your mind or open your eyes…then stick with option A or B.

No offense but I really think you are being overly dramatic. This all starts at home. If your kids hear you carrying on about it in a negative way, it will rub off on them. But if they hear you saying the mask thing is a necessary, but temporary, situation then they'll be just fine.
I get this. Buy it becomes my concern when ICUs are needlessly overflowing with little to no room for the usual heart attacks, strokes, vehicle accident folks. And when my health insurance premiums inevitably go up to pay these huge ICU bills. Then someone else's "right" directly impacts me negatively.
Then we should also kill everyone who is overweight. They are also responsible for overcrowded hospitals and premium hikes. Should we put a mandate that you can eat no more than 2000 calories?
Before you go with over eating doesn't have an affect on others, remember there is an entire continent that suffers from hunger.

Reactions: tigerworx
So the question wasn’t about whether or not they were effective, but why someone would feel so strongly against wearing a face covering they would pull their kids out of a quality school.

But since you brought it up….the abundance of data in support of mask use last year must not have convinced you. How about some new research and recommendations?

You didn’t address the disgusting part.

And for every study you link that says they work I can post 2 that says they dont.

Masks are over because they are ineffective and disgusting.
They do, however, make it very easy for me to tell who the idiots are.

So the question wasn’t about whether or not they were effective, but why someone would feel so strongly against wearing a face covering they would pull their kids out of a quality school.

But since you brought it up….the abundance of data in support of mask use last year must not have convinced you. How about some new research and recommendations?

The only problem with those studies is there was no control group to compare.

They claim transmission was minimal in schools where kids wore masks. Okay, fine. What about schools that didn't wear masks?

I hate to rain on your parade but the students at my kids school last year had a mask mandates but it was a joke and quite frankly impossible to implement. Little kids don't wear them all day, they don't wear masks that provide protection (sponge bob gator), they don't wear them properly (nose not covered), they didn't wear them while playing outside (no physical distancing and kids breathing hard all over each other), etc. But guess what? They never spread the disease. Maybe 6 cases all year.

So you really want to tell me the science is settled regarding masking in schools?

Then we should also kill everyone who is overweight. They are also responsible for overcrowded hospitals and premium hikes. Should we put a mandate that you can eat no more than 2000 calories?
Before you go with over eating doesn't have an affect on others, remember there is an entire continent that suffers from hunger.

🤦‍♂️

And for every study you link that says they work I can post 2 that says they dont.

So people are idiots for listening to medical experts such as their doctors as opposed to some random internet guy who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express? Okie Dokie.

So I feel that argument ran out of steam last year. We now have a year of data supporting their use in schools. American Academy of Pediatrics gave their recommendation….if you can’t take them as the authority on the matter who can you?

Pickens county, just FYI, just gave 9 days of data of what happens when you do not.

Pediatric cases found at Clemson testing site…

First 6 weeks of summer - 7 cases
Week prior to school starting - 11 cases
Cases found since day 1 of school with no masking - 182
oh goodness, are you suggesting that a mask is the only variable that’s leading to these results? Just curious.

Last edited:
oh goodness, are you suggesting that a mask is the only variable that leading to these results? Just curious.
I’m not passionate about It but my limited first hand knowledge is that kids are Getting and transmitting the delta variant much more than than last year so far. That’s my life experience with it. No idea if being maskless is the reason.

🤦‍♂️
Extreme, yes. It's more a point of where you draw the line with how much government interaction you need/ want in your life. In today's climate, everything is politicized to the max, and both sides should be hesitant to believe anything that comes out or the mouth of a politician or any organization(s) who rely on government funding.

Same argument I have for the making the vax mandatory. If the government can force you to put something in your body, what's to stop them from taking something out?

So people are idiots for listening to medical experts such as their doctors as opposed to some random internet guy who stayed at a Holiday Inn Express? Okie Dokie.
A lot of these medical experts work for organizations that require government funding.
Do you still think Marijuana makes African Americans violent?
I've seen some old studies that "medical experts" believed this to be true

Lol at the "why are we now doing things differently from the past centuries"

1918 Pandemic in the U.S.:
Kids wearing masks
5eb2fb148d024.image.jpg

People in Nebraska wearing masks
Timeline%201_small.jpg

Police in Seattle wearing masks
200402154756-01-influenza-1918-masks-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

Wearing masks when out in the street...
spanish_flu_seattle.jpg

So, yeah, there's totally no precedent for wearing masks in the U.S. during a pandemic... What's the conspiracy again, it's an evil plot by the MSM and evil healthcare system to turn people into Muslims, right? Or it is a way for the illuminati to insert micro chips into us and surveil us with 5G?

In people's defense, idiocracy isn't a recent thing, it was a problem back then too...
00xp-virus-1918masks-anti-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Words of wisdom from one of the most liked Tweets on Twitter
qpnKxFJ.jpg

Lol at the "why are we now doing things differently from the past centuries"

1918 Pandemic in the U.S.:
Kids wearing masks
5eb2fb148d024.image.jpg

People in Nebraska wearing masks
Timeline%201_small.jpg

Police in Seattle wearing masks
200402154756-01-influenza-1918-masks-restricted-exlarge-169.jpg

Wearing masks when out in the street...
spanish_flu_seattle.jpg

So, yeah, there's totally no precedent for wearing masks in the U.S. during a pandemic... What's the conspiracy again, it's an evil plot by the MSM and evil healthcare system to turn people into Muslims, right? Or it is a way for the illuminati to insert micro chips into us and surveil us with 5G?

In people's defense, idiocracy isn't a recent thing, it was a problem back then too...
00xp-virus-1918masks-anti-mobileMasterAt3x.jpg

Words of wisdom from one of the most liked Tweets on Twitter
qpnKxFJ.jpg
I really like the microchip conspiracy theory. There are some stretches there.

Reactions: yoshi121374
A lot of these medical experts work for organizations that require government funding.
Do you still think Marijuana makes African Americans violent?
I've seen some old studies that "medical experts" believed this to be true

My medical experts are my doctors. The ones I see periodically. If I ignore their advise, where should I go to get information? Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, TigerIllustrated? Maybe if I read enough articles on the web I too can become an expert.

Save your breath …..your 1st post said it best ….. people willing to change school districts over a mask 😷 is all you need to know….. that’s their priority…. A gd mask …. It’s laughable but certainly their right to try to change schools etc smh

Last edited:
Not trying to be an ass, but you might benefit from option C. Pick up the phone and have a real, honest, science based conversation with a leading children’s pulmonologist (many have significant experience in epidemiology). Listen to them about the important differences between Delta and earlier iterations of Covid in how they impact children, especially those who aren’t old enough to be vaccinated. Discuss masks with that doctor as well. I’m writing this from experience as we have had lengthy chats with the top pulmonary docs in the world at Children’s Hospital in Boston. If what they tell you won’t change your mind or open your eyes…then stick with option A or B.
So what your saying is we f’ed up by being so cautious this past year when we would of been better off to actually let our kids get covid before it mutated… my position has always been to let it run its course and because we didn’t it’s now gotten worse.

who’s to say if our kids don’t get it now and get some kind of immunity by the time we get to zeta it will be killing them all right?

Save your breath …..your 1st post said it best ….. people are willing change school districts over a mask 😷 is all you need to know….. that’s their priority…. A gd mask …. It’s laughable but certainly their right to try to change schools etc smh
Highly recommend the following book, the first 3 chapters explain how this type of stuff happens and how people self-justify their behavior. Learned crazy stuff like our memory will change facts/details so that we can stay internally consistent. It was originally a defense mechanism otherwise we would always dwell on the past and go into downward spiral. But now we are using it to strengthen our biases...

Mistakes Were Made (but Not by Me) Third Edition: Why We Justify Foolish Beliefs, Bad Decisions, and Hurtful Acts

Reactions: Mr Peter North
My medical experts are my doctors. The ones I see periodically. If I ignore their advise, where should I go to get information? Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, TigerIllustrated? Maybe if I read enough articles on the web I too can become an expert.
That's not what I was getting at. Personally, I listen to my doctor(s) as well. I've also gotten 2nd opinions from others, when I was 100% in agreement with them. My doctor told my mother(cancer survivor) to get the vax. He also told me he didn't think I needed to get it.
I'm referencing medical professionals who are doing the research into the virus, vax, etc. A lot of these MD's work for organizations with big time government funding.
I'm not debating whether your, or my Doctors are right or wrong.

I'm just saying, I'm skeptical of most things I hear now days.

Last edited:
The only problem with those studies is there was no control group to compare.

They claim transmission was minimal in schools where kids wore masks. Okay, fine. What about schools that didn't wear masks?

I hate to rain on your parade but the students at my kids school last year had a mask mandates but it was a joke and quite frankly impossible to implement. Little kids don't wear them all day, they don't wear masks that provide protection (sponge bob gator), they don't wear them properly (nose not covered), they didn't wear them while playing outside (no physical distancing and kids breathing hard all over each other), etc. But guess what? They never spread the disease. Maybe 6 cases all year.

So you really want to tell me the science is settled regarding masking in schools?
So you challenge all the published scientific findings by citing what happened at your kids schoool?

I did address the disgusting part. Politicizing a health pandemic. People die because of this. That’s unforgivable.

You forgot the word credible….credible studies that I posted. You cannot site two in return. They simply don’t exist.

Reactions: ctcseb

So you challenge all the published scientific findings by citing what happened at your kids schoool?
I really, really don't want to get into this discussion.

But you, my friend, just made me.

If peope don't agree with the other side, those people are wrong.
And, I could say the same thing with rougher language and still be right.

YOU just used the term "...all the published scientific findings..."
hahahahahah

You meant to say all the ones that YOU want to agree with.
Sorta a slip up there, my man.

Notthing wrong with strongly believeing something.
Either
Way

I'm out of this thread

Yes, because those studies are just as anecdotal as mine.

They are "projections" of "what might have been" if masks were not worn.

No control group. That is trail data 101, or it should be.

I find it fascinating that masks had been proven ineffective by numerous legitimate trails before Covid came along. Fauci himself said masks were pointless.. Now those findings are silenced so we can virtue signal.

my point is who cares that much to withdraw their student over a piece of cloth? and yes i would draw the line at mandated vaccines, but if they tell my 9 year old to mask up, let's mask up and go about our day...this fighting is usually about egos of adults and their need to be right

Reactions: yoshi121374
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT