ADVERTISEMENT

Anybody else hear Dan Wetzel on SiriusXm this AM (he explained the article).

charlestontiger417

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Oct 20, 2003
Thought he did a great job with it. Defended Dabo some, too. He said he liked Dabo standing up and where he is coming from, but that Dabo is the only one not using it and questions that thought process. They then brought up an amazing counter to Dabo's point of "I will be loyal to my high school players."

Here is the counter: "Dabo is hurting his high school players by not surrounding them with the best players possible." 100% a valid point. Think the WRs that were open a good bit, last year want the ball thrown to them. I remember Jake jumping up and down many times, trying to get his attention. How about Woods going out to DE? Is that what is best for him (I could see it as the scouts see his ability to play two spots - but what do I know)? How about Woods would be better with a good portal DE? How about Cade being better if he had more time thanks to better OL from the portal.

This is a very fair counter, IMHO. You could also argue that he is not being fair to the program by putting out the best possible team within the rules of the game.

I know, we can debate all day, but thought the interview was interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News