ADVERTISEMENT

APP STATE

DHTiger06

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Jun 20, 2016
Was able to go up & watch App State’s practice in the spring & get access to their full video library.

- They are going to test the perimeter run defense. Almost exclusively a zone run team. You will see pullers on the pin & pull, but they don’t have true gap schemes.

- Their play action schemes will test the discipline of the LBs & Safeties. The QB is not as talented as Beck, but he knows his answers within their scheme very well & can get to them quickly. The drop back schemes should not give us trouble.

- Odd front is their base defense, & this is where having Matt Luke leading OL gives me some confidence. A year ago, I would be extremely concerned about picking up their pressure packages & run blitzes.

- There is no reason to believe they will not bring chaos & force Cade & Company to show them they can hurt them with explosive plays. This where Tyler Brown or Wesco could have a big night.

They have an Ohio State grad as a GA. As he took me into the film room, he told me he hated Clemson.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

Was able to go up & watch App State’s practice in the spring & get access to their full video library.

- They are going to test the perimeter run defense. Almost exclusively a zone run team. You will see pullers on the pin & pull, but they don’t have true gap schemes.

- Their play action schemes will test the discipline of the LBs & Safeties. The QB is not as talented as Beck, but he knows his answers within their scheme very well & can get to them quickly. The drop back schemes should not give us trouble.

- Odd front is their base defense, & this is where having Matt Luke leading OL gives me some confidence. A year ago, I would be extremely concerned about picking up their pressure packages & run blitzes.

- There is no reason to believe they will not bring chaos & force Cade & Company to show them they can hurt them with explosive plays. This where Tyler Brown or Wesco could have a big night.

They have an Ohio State grad as a GA. As he took me into the film room, he told me he hated Clemson.

This is premium content. Please subscribe to view.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.