ADVERTISEMENT

Away Game Experiences

thekgc

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2020
I'm curious for those who went yesterday - how was your experience with UGA fans?

Most of ours were fine, but ended up seated in front of a group of Dawg fans who were miserable. Had multiple older male Dawg fans feel the need to constantly tap me on the shoulder to talk smack (ignored them), but hit my limit when the started talking s*** to my wife and had to finally turn around and deal with them. For context, it was a group of four of us who cheer when things go our way (the few times the did LOL) and don't say anything about the other team. Too old for that these days, we just want to enjoy watching the game in a new stadium.

We were talking on the way home about how experiences like that used to be few and far between, but have quickly become the norm. Not sure what it is with people these days who go to games and feel like they have to engage with or antagonize other fans. Cheer for your team all you want, just don't be a d-bag, how hard is that? I'm sure most of it stems from folks finally getting their revenge on Clemson, but it has gotten to the point where we've just lost interest in going to away games.

Do others see the same thing? And btw, we bought our tickets through IPTAY and were seated at the 200-level surrounded by at least 50% UGA fans. I miss when buying through the school meant you'd be in a primarily Clemson section.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.