ADVERTISEMENT

Bashaud Breeland

No surpise her name is Kandice.

0N3151PP.mug

wood

Was a cool dude back when I was in school with him. Hope the best for him.
This right here...I did not know him but have a couple stories that show what a great person he can be. Big time fan of him as a player...that one armed INT he had in college was as good a pick you can make (forget what game and year). As far as his arrest goes, I am not throwing stones as I am guilty for almost every charge.

Or just dont get caught. Majority of us do that while we wait for laws to change.
Laws wouldn’t change if everyone shared your view. People need to actively push terrible laws for them to change. Luckily Breeland can afford a quality lawyer.

I will always be sensitive to weed being I’m technically a “criminal.” Wife and I grow our own supply for us and my her father that has M.S. He doesn’t have the ability to wait for politics to catch up with science.

Name the victim to his crimes...

Laws wouldn’t change if everyone shared your view. People need to actively push terrible laws for them to change. Luckily Breeland can afford a quality lawyer.

I will always be sensitive to weed being I’m technically a “criminal.” Wife and I grow our own supply for us and my her father that has M.S. He doesn’t have the ability to wait for politics to catch up with science.

I think your sensitivity is clouding your comprehension of my post.

I think marijuana should be legal in the US. I also am sympathetic to your situation and I'm really sorry about your father in law.

Smoking weed in public in an area that has low tolerance for weed, is something that I would consider very unwise. Should the law be changed, absolutely.

But you can actively push for the law to change without getting arrested, which was my main point.

Did he really say "I'm a marijuana enthusiast" ? Props for the honesty, second thought would be once these kids leave NewSpring it all goes to pot

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so."
Pretty sure casual use of drugs wasn't the purpose of this quote. I say that in full support of legalizing all drugs.

I always loved Breeland as a player. Just something about him. We have had guys with more pure talent, but he is just a football player. I hope he has a good lawyer. I am sure his agent will handle that. No idea how many, if any, prior criminal issues he has had, but these charges are not the end of the world in and of themselves.

As for the Lawyers in Allendale (and Hampton) Counties, don’t even get me started.

There are multiple reasons why Allendaele, Jasper, and Hampton are such poor Counties for sure. However, if you don’t think their broken and corrupt Court Systems are a big part of it, you are either a blindly partisan Democrat, a trial lawyer, a dumb ass, or all of the above.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
I always loved Breeland as a player. Just something about him. We have had guys with more pure talent, but he is just a football player. I hope he has a good lawyer. I am sure his agent will handle that. No idea how many, if any, prior criminal issues he has had, but these charges are not the end of the world in and of themselves.

As for the Lawyers in Allendale (and Hampton) Counties, don’t even get me started.

There are multiple reasons why Allendaele, Jasper, and Hampton are such poor Counties for sure. However, if you don’t think their broken and corrupt Court Systems are a big part of it, you are either a blindly partisan Democrat, a trial lawyer, a dumb ass, or all of the above.
Yes, Democrats are the problem on this local level.

Pretty sure casual use of drugs wasn't the purpose of this quote. I say that in full support of legalizing all drugs.

Can you forward me to the victim of his crimes?

Same could be said about all laws.... History won’t be kind to the states last to wake up.

Do you smoke in public places every day? Like the gas station while getting gas? If not, you’re being a hypocrite.

Y'all keep arguing all you want about drug laws, that's cool. Just wanted to drop in to tell a very sweet Breeland story:

At the All In Ball several years ago, I wandered up to a group of former players, including Breeland. So all the guys are yucking it up with me and we're talking about old games and stuff, and Breeland quietly steps forward and introduces himself. Then it hit me. He thought I wouldn't know him like all the other more "famous" players in the group like D-Mac, Brandon Ford, Tajh, Jacoby Ford, and Rod McDowell. That encounter left me feeling sort of sad for him, but also really appreciating his humility. Great fellow. I'm sad he's got this trouble to deal with now, but he broke the law and has to accept that. I'm glad he wasn't killed in this incident and pray he comes out of this OK.

That's all. Just a sweet Bashaud Breeland story.

Reactions: nsp1996 and ddot7
All started because a couple guys were chilling smoking a joint. Not causing any harm. Yeah he shouldn’t have resisted, but I’m frustrated that it is still a “crime” in the State of SC and the cops have the ability to put some one in handcuffs and haul them to jail for something so harmless

Reactions: cyclotiger
Do you smoke in public places every day? Like the gas station while getting gas? If not, you’re being a hypocrite.

I am a daily smoker. I don’t smoke before or during work. Always after I’m done workings I’m high nearly the entire weekend. I also smoke in my truck frequently.

Luckily I live in GA and have a nice supply of CBD dry herb in my center console to explain why the officer might smell a weed smell coming from my truck.

This isn’t the place to argue the merits of pot, but I’m significantly more healthy now that I replaced a big chunk of my drinking with pot.

Reactions: cyclotiger
York County is Metro Charlotte.

1. Would they haul you to jail for simple possession? I wouldn’t think so but I don’t know.

2. Would they haul you in for open container if you are sober? I wouldn’t think so, but I don’t know.

3. Would they haul you in for driving without a license? Depends on if you just left it at home or had had it rescinded, I guess? And if a licensed driver is with you.

4. Would they haul you in for resisting arrest? Of course, but I assume he didn’t resist arrest until they tried to haul him in? Maybe that’s not a valid assumption.

5. Would they haul you in for a combination of 1-3? That would be the question. Along with why he was stopped in the first place.

Reactions: Casa_del_Tigre
York County is Metro Charlotte.

1. Would they haul you to jail for simple possession? I wouldn’t think so but I don’t know.

2. Would they haul you in for open container if you are sober? I wouldn’t think so, but I don’t know.

3. Would they haul you in for driving without a license? Depends on if you just left it at home or had had it rescinded, I guess? And if a licensed driver is with you.

4. Would they haul you in for resisting arrest? Of course, but I assume he didn’t resist arrest until they tried to haul him in? Maybe that’s not a valid assumption.

5. Would they haul you in for a combination of 1-3? That would be the question. Along with why he was stopped in the first place.

My younger brother got ticketed with possession and open container in NC a couple years back. Didn’t get arrested and had to go to court.

I have no doubt the cop was an ass and caused the situation to escalate. They were getting close to killing him for a victimless crime...

I am a daily smoker. I don’t smoke before or during work. Always after I’m done workings I’m high nearly the entire weekend. I also smoke in my truck frequently.

Luckily I live in GA and have a nice supply of CBD dry herb in my center console to explain why the officer might smell a weed smell coming from my truck.

This isn’t the place to argue the merits of pot, but I’m significantly more healthy now that I replaced a big chunk of my drinking with pot.

I have no issue with reefer. I’m 100% for it being legal and I smoked a ton during my 20s. You just act like Breeland was doing his civic duty by smoking in a stupid place, whereas I think he was being an idiot. I was also pointing out that I don’t see you recounting the incident where you got arrested for smoking pot in public in protest.

My younger brother got ticketed with possession and open container in NC a couple years back. Didn’t get arrested and had to go to court.

I have no doubt the cop was an ass and caused the situation to escalate. They were getting close to killing him for a victimless crime...

It sounds like Breeland pushed the cop and tried to run...that’s never a good idea. Had he cooperated he probably just gets a simple citation.

It sounds like Breeland pushed the cop and tried to run...that’s never a good idea. Had he cooperated he probably just gets a simple citation.
I agree he made the situation worse. I for one don’t try and add additional charges to what a cop is already stopping me for. He has money and should have realized lawyering up would have fixed this.

Still doesn’t change that I disagree with what he got arrested for.

l
I agree he made the situation worse. I for one don’t try and add additional charges to what a cop is already stopping me for. He has money and should have realized lawyering up would have fixed this.

Right, of course you disagree with it, but this goes back to your quote from earlier in thread. Just because you disagree with a law doesn’t mean you should go around flaunting your disobeying of it.

Also, one could argue that if pot was legal, the cop could’ve just watched and waited until Breeland drove off and then given him a DUI. Smoking in the car is prob never going to be legal.

He would have gotten a misdemeanor ticket for the weed and walked but he decided to go a different route.

Please.

BB was close to getting killed due to the series of bad decisions that he made, starting with breaking the law on weed, deciding to leave his house, and culminating with the decision to resist the cop and make a quick move and re-enter his car to... (flee?, grab a weapon?, run over the officer?).

You want to continue to make excuses for him. Why?

l

Right, of course you disagree with it, but this goes back to your quote from earlier in thread. Just because you disagree with a law doesn’t mean you should go around flaunting your disobeying of it.

Also, one could argue that if pot was legal, the cop could’ve just watched and waited until Breeland drove off and then given him a DUI. Smoking in the car is prob never going to be legal.

Logic and common sense.

Y'all keep arguing all you want about drug laws, that's cool. Just wanted to drop in to tell a very sweet Breeland story:

At the All In Ball several years ago, I wandered up to a group of former players, including Breeland. So all the guys are yucking it up with me and we're talking about old games and stuff, and Breeland quietly steps forward and introduces himself. Then it hit me. He thought I wouldn't know him like all the other more "famous" players in the group like D-Mac, Brandon Ford, Tajh, Jacoby Ford, and Rod McDowell. That encounter left me feeling sort of sad for him, but also really appreciating his humility. Great fellow. I'm sad he's got this trouble to deal with now, but he broke the law and has to accept that. I'm glad he wasn't killed in this incident and pray he comes out of this OK.

That's all. Just a sweet Bashaud Breeland story.

Good story. Thanks for sharing.

Everyone can eff up and still be a good person. Sometimes effing up is painful and sometimes it isnt. Either way it can/should be a learning opportunity. Whether he takes it as such or not is up to him.

Reactions: tallulahtiger30319
Please.

BB was close to getting killed due to the series of bad decisions that he made, starting with breaking the law on weed, deciding to leave his house, and culminating with the decision to resist the cop and make a quick move and re-enter his car to... (flee?, grab a weapon?, run over the officer?).

You want to continue to make excuses for him. Why?
I said he made his situation worse. That doesn’t change the initial laws are unjust. He’s rich, no need for him to add charges to the unjust laws.

At the end of the day he won’t see any jail time. He will pay a tax to the city and a tax to his lawyer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT