ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball commitment

can definitely see him being an 8-9 ppg player who can mesh well with PJ Hall

the biggest hope of the off season is to see if the 3 freshman can each turn into 20 mpg contributors

Ok after watching a lot more him, those highlights don’t really show what kind of player he is. He handles the ball a lot more than I originally thought and he’s a LOT more smooth athlete than Hemmenway, mostly quickness and change of pace wise. He played PG for them most of the time. Wouldn’t call him a shot creator but tbh I think he’s better creating than Galloway is. This dude is a pretty damn good player. Reminds of a more consistent version of Connor Essiegan from Wisconsin if you are looking for a comp. Defensively he looks average I definitely don’t think he’ll be a liability, he’s pretty quick on his feet but is pretty slender. Pair him with a 2-3 that imo can create and play defense and we are gonna be really good next year
I mean Fueman offered....that's what we're after, right?

Starting to notice a number of AF kids leave for sports at other schools. They had a really good baseball player, Paul Skene, leave AF and go to LSU this year.

Personally, not a fan of kids transferring from the military academies for sports. It's one thing if they don't like the military or decide that is not for them, but to leave for athletics strikes me as a different, and not good, outcome for the academies.

Maybe but would you want to be forced to serve in today’s military? I rest my case.

No offense to Hemenway, but how would you compare them other than they're both white?
Midwestern shooters. Alex shoots a bit of a set shot. This kid has higher release and shoots a jumper. Jake is sturdier build. He moves well without the ball and doesn't need much separation to get off a shot. Plus - Jake was AF leading scorer for the season so I'd imagine he'd come in quite confident.

I think Dillon will be starting pg chase and Jake will be 2 an 3 we’re now looking for a backup 5 and some good role players hopefully an older pg will be ideal to help Dillon
Jake is 6'5" and 180 pounds.....do not see him replacing Hunter at wing

Chase will be PG with transfer at SG.....if he plays wing forward we will get killed on the boards

Reactions: Da Swami

Chase will be PG with transfer at SG.....if he plays wing forward we will get killed on the boards
Watch all the good teams in the tournament they’re 3 guard type teams our best year we had devoe at the 3. Two years ago when we were good we played 3 guards

Don't we only have 3 left

Hunter
Hunter
Hall
Ian S
Wiggins
RJ
Alex H
Beadle

Commited\Signed
Thomas
Air Force Transfer
Yeah I was talking about before the AF take. So we will likely use all our scholarships now. Backup Big, 2 guard and a wing, but yea 3 is correct now

Jake is redshirting apparently

Not necessarily, no.

Is that part of their discussion? Yes. But that's pretty open-ended depending on how things go with the rest of their transfers, as I've understood it.

I also think you could throw that out there in an effort to try to avoid scaring off other guard transfer candidates who might view Jake as competition.

Interesting @Paul Strelow @Larry_Williams have you heard anything about this? Assuming that means we would still take 3 more guys because we have 4 scholarships total actually left

Redshirts are on scholarship and count toward the total. Doesn't change the numbers.

Ideally, Dillon will improve his shooting and be the main PG. Chase is more of a 2G that will flourish there.

Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
We seem to be utilizing red shirts alot (or maybe other teams are as well and I am just unaware). Sometimes they never even play a minute and then transfer out. Does the kid want to redshirt?

@Paul Strelow Do you think this will have any impact on whether Hemenway actually comes back? I know that is his intention, but some of the folks at WCCP seem to think that’s not a done deal.
Wouldn't be surprised if staff thinks this will run off AH, which may be fine and dandy in their minds.

Certainly is fine imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT