ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Offseason

Tiger__burner

The Milwaukee Deep
Gold Member
May 14, 2020
First, what a fantastic season. A final four berth would have been absolutely amazing but this season was so great all around. Looking towards next season and the roster the two biggest areas I had concern about played some fruition last night. Athleticism and shooting depth. Think we should add both in the portal.
Right now roster is setting up like

Ian, RJ, Wiggins, Dillon, Buckner, Jones, Thomas, Thomas, Heidbreder.

That leaves 4 spots to play with. First I thing we do everything in our power to try to get chase hunter back. What a postseason run, I think with another year of work on his shot and experience no reason he would not be one of the best guards in the acc.

That would leave 3 transfer portal spots barring PJ coming back in a crazy move.

Think with that you get at least a guard and a big. And maybe another guard or wing to go along with that.

I would prioritize shooting and athleticism with those 3 takes. I think the current roster still needs a big infusion of 3 point shooting. Losing Joe is big from that point obviously but we didn’t really have any other high volume 3 point shooters.

As far as guys on the roster loved what I saw from RJ in the postseason. If he takes another step with his skill he could be a really really good player. Dillon, I don’t love to be honest but if chase comes back I am fine with him coming back. Defense was really good yesterday just don’t really see how he has upside to score or shoot the ball at the level we need him too. Wiggins is another big key. He showed flashes this year but was overall inconsistent. He needs to take another step in the weight room and on the court as well as mentally confidence wise believing he can be a great player.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News