ADVERTISEMENT

Biden’s economy continues to crush it

There always has been traffic. That is why we should always strive to get more cars off the road. Wouldn't decent mass transit alternatives be better than more regulations/taxes? Yes, but I don't see those as necessarily the only two options. Additionally, mass transit should be mostly local/state spending and not federal.

Other Medicaid and Nutrition programs and welfare, most government spending is for the good of all of us. Medcare, Social Security, Defense, Homeland Security, Justice/Law enforcement. While this is generally true, there are things we can do to decrease spending in some of those areas. I don't have a big problem with that spending in general, but we certainly have to make some adjustments in SS going forward. Ones that are not going to be fair bc we have waited too long to do anything.

I am a firm believer that we should always strive to at least employ the people who want to work. There are many societal needs with all kinds of needed job skills. I have no problem with this, but right now unless you have some type of mental or physical disability, you can find a job in most places. We don't need to create jobs from the govt to do that.

Reply to CUT93:

\These federal grants for local spending have always been and always will be me. State governments (except Vermont) by law cannot run deficits ... although they do. But taxpayers in those state don't want to pay more in taxes. The federal government can run deficits. I see no government ever balancing a budget or cutting sending much, R or D. I am not an advocate of MMT (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Modern_monetary_theory) but it seems we can live with our debt as long as it does not grow too fast.

The only reason there are plenty of jobs right now is because of the stimulus spending.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT