**** Brian Kelly

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com
-----

From LSU head coach Brian Kelly:

“I think I made it pretty clear in a number of the press conferences that I had that we were in the market in recruiting in the transfer portal, looking for defensive linemen,” Kelly said. “It hasn’t fared very well quite frankly because we’re selling something a little bit differently. And that is we want to recruit, we want to engage, build relationships. We want to develop, retain and have success. We’re not in the market of buying players. And unfortunately right now, that’s what some guys are looking for. They want to be bought.

“Look, I understand and I was part of this. And we have an incredible collective. We have very, very generous opportunities around the greater Baton Rouge area for NIL opportunities. So they are here. But we’re not going to go out and buy players. That’s not what this is about, it was never about that. We will develop you, we will get you ready for the next step as we did with [first-round picks] Jayden Daniels, as we did Malik Nabers, as we did with Brian Thomas. We developed three defensive linemen that all got drafted this year. And we’ll do that again. But if you’re just looking to get paid, you’re looking in the wrong place.”

Full article from Nick Bromberg at Yahoo! Sports: https://sports.yahoo.com/lsu-coach-...n-the-market-of-buying-players-151311638.html

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News