ADVERTISEMENT

brownell vs Bowden

chandlerhb

Gold Member
Oct 23, 2008
I have seen several posts on here equating brownell and Bowden. You can't compare these 2 guys. Apples and oranges.

1. Bowden had more talent and an easier path to attracting this talent due to the history and pedigree of the program. Brownell, on the other hand, Has a much more difficult task of recruiting due to the lack of history and pedigree of the program.

2. The acc in football offers an easier path to success than basketball.

3. Brownell has overachieved in almost every season he has been here related to preseason rankings whereas Bowden underachieved in most seasons.

4. Winning consistently in fb is easier than in bb when you out talent another team. I think this is true due to shots just not falling and the 3 point equalizer.

To summarize, Bowden probably had more success than brownell during his tenure but its because of the much easier recruiting and talent acquisition at clemson in football. If brownell had the talent advantage that Bowden enjoyed I feel he would be much more successful. Just feel as though brownell is a much better x and o coach and has more respect of his players the Bowden.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News