ADVERTISEMENT

Can we get Tony Elliott back in here???

shortbus22

Woodrush
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
Simpsonville, SC
I am starting to think that he was a main driver of our offensive success during our playoff run was Tony.

Now, before you have a stroke... hear me out.

Chad had ultimate authority, but as soon as he left, a lot of the fearless aggression left too.

I think Tony had the ability to take Dabo's instructions, suggestions, requirements, and whatever else was conveyed and turn it into good play calls that could be successful. We had a good plan, and we seemed to always come up with good play calls when it was needed. Streeter couldn't do it. Riley can't seem to do it.

I feel like we play offense not to lose now. We play offense to get just barely past the sticks. We play offense not to turn it over. There is very little "offensive" feel to us anymore. We aren't trying to score 40. We aren't trying to rush for 200 and pass for 300. We aren't even trying to give ourselves a bunch of at bats. We are trying to "not mess up", and in any sport, that leads to messing up. And I think a lot of that fear of messing up comes from the top.

I truly feel Tony shouldered that weight, shined it up, and came out with something that would actually work. I miss him.

(Only somewhat tongue in cheek here...)

Reactions: 71tig and clemmer
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.