ADVERTISEMENT

Chappelle’s Stand-up From his Home

I don’t understand why funny people have to resort to fowl language. Can’t you be funny without doing this? He lost me with his opening F*** and then GD. And my jimmies are fine and I’m not a Karen!!
I’m with you in that foul language often turns me off and I admire communication that doesn’t resort to that. However, sometimes foul language is very effective in communicating how strong and deep a thought or feeling is. I think it was used appropriately here in that regard.

Reactions: eubyscott
I actually agree with you that they haven’t. However, the definition that’s been laid out for black peoples systemic oppression can be applied to a large number of white people and Latin Americans.

There isn’t any systemic oppression or racism in this country. Period.
What definition are you working with? Not trying to be a smart alek just curious how you define it?

"Lots of them have" does not equal "systematically". The question is whether systems in this country discriminate against white people. It's hard to see an argument that this is the case.

i don’t think it’s a big deal, but there are more opportunities offered by the federal government for minorities than for whites specifically. Again, I have no issues with it, but I’m sure a white kid has been rejected for a minority to meet a specific quota.

The biggest issue for minorities is the criminal justice system. Specifically why crack gets you more jail time than meth is one example.

public defender vs private defender sentencing in my opinion is more an issue of wealth than race.

I don’t understand why funny people have to resort to fowl language. Can’t you be funny without doing this? He lost me with his opening F*** and then GD. And my jimmies are fine and I’m not a Karen!!

Besides Jim Gaffigan, I cant think of a single stand up comedian I actually like who doesn’t curse.

Reactions: eubyscott
i don’t think it’s a big deal, but there are more opportunities offered by the federal government for minorities than for whites specifically. Again, I have no issues with it, but I’m sure a white kid has been rejected for a minority to meet a specific quota.

The biggest issue for minorities is the criminal justice system. Specifically why crack gets you more jail time than meth is one example.

public defender vs private defender sentencing in my opinion is more an issue of wealth than race.

I've seen situations where programs have earmarked 10% of something to minority owned businesses and in the minds of someone like you that quota is somehow injuring white people. You do realize 10% is not that much don't you? I'm not complaining.

In the case of college admissions they will typically help out minorities for lack of a better term. Even with that, have you seen the black student population at Clemson? It's not that high and many of those are athletes. Yet people will swear they lost their spot to a black person. As I've mentioned in here in the past I've worked with admissions and we had people complaining about getting rejected and they would target the minority population. It was always a close call but blindly there would be no consensus on who was more qualified. Yet they would vehemently go after the minorities. Counselors aren't allowed to say anything but I was new to the game especially my first time. While they were targeting the minority that they were equally qualified with, there were literally a hundred white students they were clearly more qualified than that were there because of legacy or relationships, etc. They weren't interested in getting in. They were interested in blaming a minority for them not being accepted.

The concessions that the government or companies in corporate America make still have white folks as the dominant worker in terms of race. And they should be technically because of the population. But people that cry about the little concessions minorities get are sad in my opinion.

Reactions: RagsToRiches2
Candace’s thoughts on climate change are as articulate as my 2 year olds thoughts on broccoli
With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect,....

Eddie Murphy is the only GOAT
Personally, I think Dave, Louis CK, Patrice, Bill Burr are better than Murphy. But just an opinion. But it is really hard to beat RAW. One of the best specials ever for sure

Reactions: RegTiger06
I don't get it. I don't see the need for the language at all. I don't see the need to berating people in that way. I don't see the need for using the words he does. I know he's a bright man and I just think funny doesn't have to be vulgar. But I am glad some people enjoy it I guess.

I've seen situations where programs have earmarked 10% of something to minority owned businesses and in the minds of someone like you that quota is somehow injuring white people. You do realize 10% is not that much don't you? I'm not complaining.

In the case of college admissions they will typically help out minorities for lack of a better term. Even with that, have you seen the black student population at Clemson? It's not that high and many of those are athletes. Yet people will swear they lost their spot to a black person. As I've mentioned in here in the past I've worked with admissions and we had people complaining about getting rejected and they would target the minority population. It was always a close call but blindly there would be no consensus on who was more qualified. Yet they would vehemently go after the minorities. Counselors aren't allowed to say anything but I was new to the game especially my first time. While they were targeting the minority that they were equally qualified with, there were literally a hundred white students they were clearly more qualified than that were there because of legacy or relationships, etc. They weren't interested in getting in. They were interested in blaming a minority for them not being accepted.

The concessions that the government or companies in corporate America make still have white folks as the dominant worker in terms of race. And they should be technically because of the population. But people that cry about the little concessions minorities get are sad in my opinion.

All of that is nice and good. But it is still legislation based on race.

I’m with you in that foul language often turns me off and I admire communication that doesn’t resort to that. However, sometimes foul language is very effective in communicating how strong and deep a thought or feeling is. I think it was used appropriately here in that regard.

Is it appropriate to use the N word or call a woman a C word? In my own view, no. And especially no when you're plowing down the path of a false narrative and trying to justify the crap that's gone on. The very notion that destruction is the only way a people can express their frustrates is just a deeper illustration of how condescending and bigoted we are. They are adults and can find constructive ways to deal with problems. But we never do that so let's just bring on the vulgarity and say it's brilliant comedy. No thank you sir!

Reactions: TigerGrowls
All of that is nice and good. But it is still legislation based on race.

You're right it is. Based on generations of the same legislation based on race. Imagine giving 10% of something after taking 100% for 400yrs. I imagine the people giving that 10% is just trying to at the very least repair what they destroyed. If it was just about that then why aren't you crying for the white and black folks being put out of a job because of relationships and legacies. Those are measures just like race. No concerns there?

You're right it is. Based on generations of the same legislation based on race. Imagine giving 10% of something after taking 100% for 400yrs. I imagine the people giving that 10% is just trying to at the very least repair what they destroyed. If it was just about that then why aren't you crying for the white and black folks being put out of a job because of relationships and legacies. Those are measures just like race. No concerns there?

Again, I was responding to the poster that stated systematic towards whites.

I gave one against whites. And I gave one against minorities.

I never stated I was for or against. Eventually, Hispanics will pass the median income of Whites in 2035. Asians already have. Hispanics will also outnumber whites in 2050.

Is there a certain point where Hispanics are not a protected class? Should Asians be considered a protected class?

Hopefully, African-American communities will catch up. Because eventually, Latinos will be in charge. And they will probably not have the same perspective as others before them.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
If liking a troll validates your racism then you do you
giphy.gif

I actually agree with you that they haven’t. However, the definition that’s been laid out for black peoples systemic oppression can be applied to a large number of white people and Latin Americans.

There isn’t any systemic oppression or racism in this country. Period.
Perhaps it’s just the word systematic that has you riled.
I’ve got a bit of a problem with the word. It implies a plan with some sort of command and control somewhere.
In places and at times, I think that has been true. See Jim Crow laws as example.

endemic might be a better word for the current time. Racism that’s sort of baked into normal living
And that most people don’t even notice beciase they just live in the status quo.

please note I’m very conservative. Hate political correctness. Was born in the south in the 60s. So I’m not some SJW.

and I also do t like the term white privileged. Because it’s easy for my fellow Caucasians who had rough upbringings to claim they never had a privilege and be technically accurate.

but there is no denying that there are many advantages to being born in the majority in this nation.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT