ADVERTISEMENT

Chrisley knows best. Anyone watch the show? Doing 12-15 years in federal prison. Apparently, hes from Wesminster.

GoodWord28

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 10, 2013
From a local

“It’s a bit of a mixed bag, Todd’s momma worked for a long long time at a local textile mill and Todd did for a while when he was young, I know older folks that worked with her and remember her fondly. Being rich and living a glamorous (albeit fraudulent) life in Atlanta and then Nashville led some people to like them simply for being from here and becoming rich.

Many people remember the family, remember him and roll their eyes so hard they could fall out of their heads anytime the Chrisley’s are brought up. They viewed him more as an embarrassment on the area, and that was BEFORE the criminal stuff came out. A few years ago Todd tried to get involved with renovating a park iirc in Westminster and there was some dispute with the city about the funds, his involvement, who would have say in decisions and the city ultimately passed on his involvement altogether.

If anyone remembers an episode of their show where they came back to Oconee County (to go to their lake house on Keowee) but decide to show the kids around the area and where they were from…well in that episode Todd went by and saw his lifelong friend Bill. Well Bill lived a half mile from us, and Bill’s father was a lifelong friend of my father in law. My FIL and Bill’s father owned a bunch of breeding stock quarter horses together. When my wife and I first got married we rented a house from Bill’s father and when he passed Bill became our landlord. Now I could care less about Todd’s sexuality but since it’s always a topic of discussion…Todd and Bill were…incredibly close when they were teens. In fact they talk the EXACT same way, that southern accent with a little…flair…to it. When Todd left for Atlanta Bill stayed here, his Dad owned a bank and was very wealthy so he wasn’t leaving that silver spoon. Bill got married and had a few kids, then got divorced and came out of the closet. It was NO secret that they had been a thing, in fact those that knew them back then were more surprised that in this day and age Todd WASN’T using “coming out” as publicity. I imagine only those two know the truth, and it’s not anyone else’s business, but it frequently gets brought up and you asked about what the locals say…so there it is.

Around the time the Chrisley’s started frequenting their lake house up here more often, a few seasons in to the running their show, him and Bill got closer. When Bill’s father passed it was around the same time the Chrisley’s moved to Nashville. After a few months of our rent check not ever being deposited we got in touch with Bill’s brother in law and found out Bill had loved to Nashville to “work for Todd” and angrily eluded to some shenanigans with some of the various aspects of the inheritance (Bill’s father had owned hundreds and hundreds of acres of land and many rental properties and was involved in many local businesses even after he sold his bank to a local chain. He also made veiled references to Todd and Bill being “up to no good” and involved in “shady things” and this was years before and charges. To be clear Bill has not been implicated in anything and it’s possible he never was, but I know Bill was supposed to have blown a serious amount of his inheritance trying to keep up with Todd and eventually became an “employee “ in some capacity. Makes me wonder.”

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News