ADVERTISEMENT

****Clemson-area residents

Larry_Williams

Senior Writer - Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
Oct 28, 2008
Basement
A quick testimonial for Mullinax Tree Service (and this is not a paid advertisement, FYI):

Yesterday morning a neighbor bangs on our door and says there's a huge tree that's about to fall on our house (she saw the ground moving from her kitchen window).

Obviously it feels impossible to get a tree person to come because they're all overflowing with jobs.

I quickly ran 100 yards to a house where another tree service was busy with an all-day job getting three trees off a house. They came and looked at it and said: "Yeah, it's gonna fall" and said they could maybe get to it after they finished the job they were on.

Pretty helpless feeling,

I took a chance and called Will Mullinax, knowing the odds were pretty good he would just laugh at me and tell me good luck (or maybe politely tell me "Sorry sir but I have 300 people ahead of you").

But he indicated there was actually a chance, once he and his crews got past multiple life-threatening situations (people trapped in houses, people trapped in cars in creeks, and other assorted catastrophes that were far more important than my situation).

Finally late afternoon, after many anxious hours standing in my yard and watching the tree sway around, a crew arrived and they were able to cut it.

In talking with one of the crew members, they could've written a book from the stuff they saw all day yesterday. They were extremely courteous even at the end of an extremely trying and emotionally/physically draining day.

I've used Mullinax before, but now I'm a customer of theirs for life and I highly recommend.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.