ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson & Dabo playing the long game

rtiger

Lake Baikal
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2005
South Carolina
I want to win as much as anyone, and the past couple seasons hurt. Seeing some of the portal players elsewhere have an immediate positive impact hurts.

However, there are rule changes that will happen for next season or the subsequent one that will bring some regulation back to this NIL wild, Wild West. Player’s pay will be on a scale, and all universities will essentially pay the same amount. This will put Clemson back on even footing and remove the enticement for a player that really would consider Clemson to go elsewhere because of money.

Also, this is my opinion, if we can get to the Big or SEC, and we don’t have the “recruiting to the ACC” anchor around our neck, I believe we’ll experience more success because of this as well.

Dabo is going to keep his culture in tact, as much as possible, and assuming these two things come to pass, we should be able to stand toe to toe with anyone in the portal and with HS recruits, and hopefully we can be a more competitive, explosive team again.

It’s a little painful in the moment, but I believe Clemson will ride out the next year or two doing things their way knowing these changes are right around the corner.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.