ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson staff’s reputation on the recruiting trail

GSMTiger

Valles Marineris
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2013
Stanly County, NC
Living away from the upstate, at the back door of UTjr, it’s not often that I hear positive comments about Clemson.

Last Friday I was invited by a close friend to speak to the Alcoa high school football team after their pregame meal. My friend is a former assistant coach there and is still very close to the program. This is Randall Cobb’s HS. Also, some of you will remember the name of Tykee Kellogg. He’s the 6-5 WR that Clemson showed interest in, but he got kicked off his HS team earlier this season.

The head coach at Alcoa always wants some background info on the speakers that my friend lines up each week. When my friend told Coach that I was a die hard Clemson fan, he said “Clemson’s staff is my favorite staff to have in my school. They are always 1st class. They are straight forward with my kids. They communicate their high expectations for my kids on and off the field. They even send hand written thank you notes after they visit”

Needless to say, he holds them in high regard. I was proud to be a Tiger. Just thought that was a pretty cool encounter to pass along.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News