ADVERTISEMENT

Clemson-UofSC Pregame Tale of the Tape

tboonpickens

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Sep 19, 2001
Cue Scott Steiner's math segment, but looking at these numbers I think unsurprisingly the main takeaway is that as long as we don't get cute or turn the ball over stupidly, we should win somewhat comfortably. The lack of starting receivers is alarming, but this UofSC defense is pretty terrible versus both the run and the pass. I don't think there's anything that Beaux Collins does on a regular basis that our other WRs can't do in terms of overall production, and hopefully our coaches will remain patient with our run game unlike last year.

Maybe it's only because I pay more attention to our rival, but it is crazy for a team that doesn't win that much against P5 competition how many of those wins seem to come because the other team just refuses to run the ball. It happened again in the fourth quarter with UK last night. Their RB was running on them and then didn't touch the ball in the final three possessions of a 3 point loss. Unbelievable. I hope Dabo has his antenna up after last year's playcalling debacle and makes sure we hammer these clowns with a rejuvenated Mafah/Shipley combo.

Screenshot-2023-11-19-at-5-33-31-PM.png

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News