ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Noonan Appreciation Thread

tigers79

The Mariana Trench
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2002
Noonan is an amazing coach. I watched the team struggle in August and September going 2-2-1 . My impressions were that the team had a lot of cohesion issues and the back line didn't know how to move the ball from the back third to the middle third with any hint of attack present. There were just glad to get rid of the ball. That changed. As I watched Noonan move players and see certain players ( Boye and Richmond in particular) develop their games this team began to play excellent soccer. Noonan would start different players and he somehow knew which players to use against certain teams. A great example is Shawn Smart has played a lot of right back and played well. However, in the Louisville game Noonan put freshman Remi Okunlola in and Remi terrorized Louisville and made one of the best strikes of the year.
Noonan has a team that is confident ( See 9 of 9 made PKs in ACC tournament ) , organized, cohesive and relentless! They are a fun team to watch and Clemson has a treasure in Coach Mike Noonan. Go Tigers and do Clemson proud in the NCAA tourney.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News