ADVERTISEMENT

Columbia Going to Remote Learning for Remainder of Year

With workers these days resisting a return to the office for work, I’m surprised Ivy League students haven’t demanded remote learning as part of some student bill of rights. You know… to prepare them for the real world.

I don't consume much news anymore but I did listen to hedge fund manager Bill Ackman's interview with Lex Friedman. Ackman, a Jew and Harvard alum, went into detail about his battle with Harvard's leaders recently. It is disturbing the way academics think and brainwash the youth. Women and Jews used to be the oppressed. Now its all about supporting terrorists and chicks with dicks. Insane.

Last edited:
The CEO of a company that exists to create next gen ai powered surveillance products and it's young people who are "breathing the vapor of a self-destructive religion". Lolololol

the ****ing irony is wild.
Alex Karp is a ****ing clown

Reactions: Fact_Check
Based on published tuition prices, we estimate the current cost of a 4 year bachelor's degree and living expenses at Columbia University in the City of New York to be $344,388 - assuming graduation in normal time.

The system is broken.

This is broken. Agree.

Reactions: 24TIGER
To me, worrying about students protesting a war that the United States isn't even involved in is pretty low on my priority list.

Yes, because they’re students and have access to their campus

Least I've never been an alcoholic
I have no time for anti-intellectualism, but anti-anti-radicalism is weird and feckless. People care about stuff like this on campus in part because American college campuses are still American. Lots of people are shocked that there are this many people who, in addition to the run of the mill anti-Israel and Arabist people, are pro-Hamas and anti-Semitic, and that they’re able to take over an American Ivy campus… in NYC. And all do this is a reaction to Israel defending itself after one of the worst terrorist attacks in history, perpetrated by the government of Gaza.

Let’s also not pretend that today’s campus radicalism doesn’t frequently turn into tomorrow’s commonplace or dominant culture. I don’t think many people would’ve predicted that far left critical theory and feminism would become the law of the land and de rigueur in many places of business 20 years ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChicagoTiger85
The CEO of a company that exists to create next gen ai powered surveillance products and it's young people who are "breathing the vapor of a self-destructive religion". Lolololol

the ****ing irony is wild.
That’s definitely the only problem here….Assuming you’re completely divested of PLTR, LMT, GD, NOC, RTX, BA, CYBR, LHX, HII, CRWD, PANW, etc.?

That’s definitely the only problem here….Assuming you’re completely divested of PLTR, LMT, GD, NOC, RTX, BA, CYBR, CRWD, PANW, etc.?

I'm not divested from anything, and have held PLTR almost since ipo.

His words still ring hollow and should be ignored...

Reactions: flotiger
I have no time for anti-intellectualism, but anti-anti-radicalism is weird and feckless. People care about stuff like this on campus in part because American college campuses are still American. Lots of people are shocked that there are this many people who, in addition to the run of the mill anti-Israel and Arabist people, are pro-Hamas and anti-Semitic, and that they’re able to take over an American Ivy campus… in NYC.

Let’s also not pretend that today’s campus radicalism doesn’t frequently turn into tomorrow’s commonplace or dominant culture. I don’t think many people would’ve predicted that far left critical theory and feminism would become the law of the land and de rigueur in many places of business 20 years ago.
They just discovered a mass grave outside of a hospital filled with women, children, and doctors. They had zip tied hands and were shot execution style. They have discovered over 300 bodies with 400 people still missing.

The idea these student protestors are pro Hamas and anti semitic is absurd. They celebrated a Passover Seder at the protest last night and many of the protesters are Jewish

Ivy League schools are largely cesspools. Sad what has happened.
I went to an Ivy League for grad school, and it was a truly shocking experience. Thank god I went there as a largely fully formed adult (28 years old) with my own experiences and opinions. If I hadn’t, I absolutely would’ve been turned into one of those left-brain wackjobs. It was truly appalling how skewed everything was presented.

If my kid got a full ride to an Ivy League school for undergrad, I’d do everything I could to keep them from going there.

Based on published tuition prices, we estimate the current cost of a 4 year bachelor's degree and living expenses at Columbia University in the City of New York to be $344,388 - assuming graduation in normal time.

The system is broken.
Yeah university tuition is out of control, thanks in large part to admin and their bloated salaries

I have no time for anti-intellectualism, but anti-anti-radicalism is weird and feckless. People care about stuff like this on campus in part because American college campuses are still American. Lots of people are shocked that there are this many people who, in addition to the run of the mill anti-Israel and Arabist people, are pro-Hamas and anti-Semitic, and that they’re able to take over an American Ivy campus… in NYC.

Yeah, feminism is clearly the source of our problems today. Let’s go back to the good old days when women couldn’t vote and their suffrage was a “radical” idea.

Some Americans would rather not go along with the idea that you can kill tens of thousands civilians in the name of self defense against people you’re occupying and have occupied for 50+ years now. That’s radical?

Reactions: flotiger
They just discovered a mass grave outside of a hospital filled with women, children, and doctors. They had zip tied hands and were shot execution style. They have discovered over 300 bodies with 400 people still missing.

The idea these student protestors are pro Hamas and anti semitic is absurd. They celebrated a Passover Seder at the protest last night and many of the protesters are Jewish
Link? Other than Al-jazeera.

It’s not clear who killed those people specifically.

But yes, the idea that Israel can kill as many civilians as it wants out of an indefinite appeal to self defense is absurd. By their own count, that number is in the 10s of thousands in less than 6 months time. You and I are paying for Israel to operate as a colonizing enterprise that has stated it will never let the Palestinians have a state. So much for the belief in self determination

Israel can be bit as violent as Hamas.

Would love to hear from @24TIGER on this

• Wow

Israel can be significantly more violent. There’s a stratospheric difference in capabilities. That said, doesn’t seem likely this was Israel seeing as how there were Israelis (former hostages) among the dead.

I get that Columbia is a private institution, and if you want to charge people with trespassing I guess it is their right. But I was under the impression that peaceful protests were okay in america, and we had freedom of speech. I'm a little confused why everyone is so up in arms over what's going on. Ice T was right, freedom of speech, just watch what you say about the jews.

• Wow

Our 30 foot flagpole on our property

73636-C42-A65-E-43-D1-99-DC-F3-E1-D2426-E00.jpg

Nuff said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT