ADVERTISEMENT

Comment about our crowd from inside the stadium...

shortbus22

Woodrush
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2005
Simpsonville, SC
(I've been holding this since Saturday, but I feel the need to say it.)

Honestly, our fans suck to watch a game with. From the first snap, people were groaning about anything and everything DJ did. At least 50% of the people around me yell and cuss and throw their hands up about any play that is not a 50 yarder. It's ridiculous.

Maybe it has always been that way. I remember vaguely the "3 yards and a cloud of dust" crowd bitching at Danny. I have heard the groans and bitching before, from Hatfield to West to Tommy, to even Dabo early. But, it was evident and loud (louder than the cheers) from the first snap in section M on Saturday. I had two 9 year olds with me, having the times of their lives. It was embarrassing for them to have to watch grown people act like that. Thankfully, my crew acted like kids and pulled hard for DJ and then hard for Cade. Like FANS should do!

Obviously, DJ then made some mistakes and it got much louder. The place erupted for Cade, who then showed that he can help us in a pinch but doesn't have nearly the arm strength or game feel to win at the highest level. People are so mad at DJ for not being what they thought he was and for last year that they literally WILL NOT let him be our guy. Ready to turn on him immediately.

When we are on D or front running, our fans can be great. But shitting on DJ from the jump was both eye opening and embarrassing. It's gotta be hard to bounce back from mistakes when 40k+ of the 80k in attendance clearly don't believe in you. I just wish we would be better.

I know, I know... some of you are real asshats on here and will defend your "right to complain" or "call it like you see it", and that's fine. But Clemson Family and "class" should be what we show in the stadium imho. The tailgate is for moaning and groaning.

I am glad we won, and glad our coach knows how to handle young men. Perfectly played during and after the game imho. Proud to be a Tiger and will roll with DJ til the end.

Deshaun and Trevor are the execptions, not the rule. It's ok to pull for DJ, admit he has exceeded expectations so far this year, and still realize he is not those guys. But we need him, and doing our part should be backing him vocally when he is at home. Hell, I bet he'd rather play on the road, and that is ridiculous iyam.

He deserves better and we need to be better.

(Steps down off soap box.)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News