ADVERTISEMENT

Communist Kamala Harris Refuses Debate. DNC Showcasing Epstein Client List

As I mentioned in another thread, it’s just wrong regardless of the income threshold. And once you invent an entirely new way to confiscate money from people, it’s much easier to slide that income threshold.

I’m glad Kamala hasn’t come out in favor, but given her past as the most liberal voting member of the senate, a supporter of Medicare for all and the green new deal, etc - I’m sure she will be on that side once her handlers get her through the election.

The capital gains tax is another insane idea supported by leftists like Kamala. And of course tax increases on people already paying more than their fair share. But the GP dems lap it up because it won’t affect them.
Quit telling us what her positions are after she's already said she no longer supports Medicare for all and the Green New Deal. We get it that you're a one issue voter but to say she will slide the unrealized capital gains tax down to your income level is just fear peddling. IF she does approve, it would affect less than 11,000 people and it would still have to get through Congress and that's not likely given how unpopular the idea is on both sides. It's obvious that she's evolved and she positioned herself squarely as a centrist last night, so enough with the scare tactics.

She hasn't said she supports the unrealized capital gains proposal but none of it matters anyway unless you make 100 million or more, so enough with the drama.

To further elaborate on this. It only would hypothetically affect you if you have $100m/year or more in unrealized gains. Following that, those taxes are then offset when the profit is realized/actualized. So it’s essentially speeding up the tax process and preventing investors/firms from kicking the can.

That being said, I think it’s bad policy - there are much better ways to tax the top .1%.

Reactions: dpic73
Quit telling us what her positions are after she's already said she no longer supports Medicare for all and the Green New Deal. We get it that you're a one issue voter but to say she will slide the unrealized capital gains tax down to your income level is just fear peddling. IF she does approve, it would affect less than 11,000 people and it would still have to get through Congress and that's not likely given how unpopular the idea is on both sides. It's obvious that she's evolved and she positioned herself squarely as a centrist last night, so enough with the scare tactics.

Look I get that the “she’s changed” thing has worked on you and the other true believers. But we know who she is at her core based on her history. She has the democrat strategy tank shaping every position and every message right now to angle towards winning an election. I don’t believe for a minute that she’s had some personal revelation that has transformed her far left core beliefs.

And the unrealized gains is just one issue. The lefties also want to reshape capital gains tax, and that could affect people like me. And we know they want to jack up taxes on people already paying a fortune and far more than their fair share.

All of these efforts to confiscate more money just speaks to a broader philosophical difference. The left wants to take take take more and more from hardworking Americans who have earned a good position in life to fuel their big government desires. I fundamentally believe government should be a very small part of your life, both in how much you rely on it and how much it takes from you.

Reactions: fatpiggy
To further elaborate on this. It only would hypothetically affect you if you have $100m/year or more in unrealized gains. Following that, those taxes are then offset when the profit is realized/actualized. So it’s essentially speeding up the tax process and preventing investors/firms from kicking the can.

That being said, I think it’s bad policy - there are much better ways to tax the top .1%.
The income tax, when first implemented, was progressive between 1 and 7%.

It won’t stop at $100mm and we all know it.

The longer you invest the better chance you have of being successful.

Why would we discourage long term investing if short term investing leads to worse outcomes?

Look I get that the “she’s changed” thing has worked on you and the other true believers. But we know who she is at her core based on her history. She has the democrat strategy tank shaping every position and every message right now to angle towards winning an election. I don’t believe for a minute that she’s had some personal revelation that has transformed her far left core beliefs.

And the unrealized gains is just one issue. The lefties also want to reshape capital gains tax, and that could affect people like me. And we know they want to jack up taxes on people already paying a fortune and far more than their fair share.

All of these efforts to confiscate more money just speaks to a broader philosophical difference. The left wants to take take take more and more from hardworking Americans who have earned a good position in life to fuel their big government desires. I fundamentally believe government should be a very small part of your life, both in how much you rely on it and how much it takes from you.
Yawn, we get it, you don't like paying more in taxes. Unfortunately we've also handicapped ourselves by adding trillions to the deficit because of the Trump tax cuts that benefitted you personally but harmed all of us in the long-term. Those have to be paid back somehow whether you like it or not but if you have a magic pill that will make it all go away, please run for office.

She gave a damn good speech last night that had to be better than anyone on the Right could have hoped for, so just breathe and be thankful that she didn't make any radical proposals. You may not get everything you want if she's elected but it appears you won't be as harmed as you imagined either.

Reactions: flotiger
Yawn, we get it, you don't like paying more in taxes. Unfortunately we've also handicapped ourselves by adding trillions to the deficit because of the Trump tax cuts that benefitted you personally but harmed all of us in the long-term. Those have to be paid back somehow whether you like it or not but if you have a magic pill that will make it all go away, please run for office.

She gave a damn good speech last night that had to be better than anyone on the Right could have hoped for, so just breathe and be thankful that she didn't make any radical proposals. You may not get everything you want if she's elected but it appears you won't be as harmed as you imagined either.

The last damn good speech got us Obama. He is still running things and he has left things in disarray. We have no President for 6 months!

Spare us the good speeches. We were roaring under Trump and inflation was 1.9%.

Instead your grocery bill has exploded. The cost of shelter as a % of your income has exploded. Inflation got up to 9% under her admin.

I don’t care what her speech said, I care about the actions of the last 4 years!

• Haha
Reactions: yoshi121374
Oh yeah, and she was the border czar at which she failed miserably. Lead Democrats were begging for mercy.

The last damn good speech got us Obama. He is still running things and he has left things in disarray. We have no President for 6 months!

Spare us the good speeches. We were roaring under Trump and inflation was 1.9%.

Instead your grocery bill has exploded. The cost of shelter as a % of your income has exploded. Inflation got up to 9% under her admin.

I don’t care what her speech said, I care about the actions of the last 4 years!
Enough with your nonsense propaganda

Yawning2.jpg

Reactions: flotiger

You’re a smart guy. I’m actually surprised that you have become smitten with Kamala after dem strategists reshaped her public policy positions and she gave a good speech, also guided by dem strategists. I completely understand voting against Trump. But I’m genuinely surprised that smart folks like you actually seem enthusiastic about Kamala.

Reactions: fatpiggy
You’re a smart guy. I’m actually surprised that you have become smitten with Kamala after dem strategists reshaped her public policy positions and she gave a good speech, also guided by dem strategists. I completely understand voting against Trump. But I’m genuinely surprised that smart folks like you actually seem enthusiastic about Kamala.

I am enthusiastic about the fact that she will keep us from having 4ore years of Trump, and maybe, just maybe allow the real adults to take back that party. I'm so tired of the constant negativity and pessimism. Trump is literally the old man yelling at clouds.

I am not a fan of some of the far left ideas,but I also realize that they are talking points and ideals. They also have shown a willingness to negotiate, which is what the government is all about.

I am enthusiastic about the fact that she will keep us from having 4ore years of Trump, and maybe, just maybe allow the real adults to take back that party. I'm so tired of the constant negativity and pessimism. Trump is literally the old man yelling at clouds.

I am not a fan of some of the far left ideas,but I also realize that they are talking points and ideals. They also have shown a willingness to negotiate, which is what the government is all about.
Maybe you should focus on taking back your own party first. That is extremely rich.

Remember 4000 democrats chose the candidate.

4000 out of a theoretical “81 million” is 0.00005%

0.00005% of democrats vote meant something everyone else doesn’t mean shit to them.

• Haha
Remember 4000 democrats chose the candidate.

4000 out of a theoretical “81 million” is 0.00005%

0.00005% of democrats vote meant something everyone else doesn’t mean shit to them.

Why do you care? Everyone will have a chance to vote in November and say how they feel about the candidates.

I can only go off what I've seen and heard and so far she's exceeded all my expectations. I don't know that I could hope for more in a candidate than what she's shown to this point. If she were a white middle aged man saying the same things, she'd likely have broader appeal, sad as that is to say. She's found her footing and comes across as a patriotic, tough and reasonable candidate that also has a chance of knocking off our national nightmare, so damn right I'm enthusiastic.

I can only go off what I've seen and heard and so far she's exceeded all my expectations. I don't know that I could hope for more in a candidate than what she's shown to this point. If she were a white middle aged man saying the same things, she'd likely have broader appeal, sad as that is to say. She's found her footing and comes across as a patriotic, tough and reasonable candidate that also has a chance of knocking off our national nightmare, so damn right I'm enthusiastic.

Yep, the dem strategy machine has done a good job remolding her into something electable. It's worked like a charm on you.

• Haha
Yep, the dem strategy machine has done a good job remolding her into something electable. It's worked like a charm on you.

Given the options, I trust the adults more than Donald Trump, particularly when nobody of seriousness wants to work for him.

I have some faith that the Dems at least have competent people who will do their jobs.

Frankly, I also am ready to turn the page on the MAGA movement in America. I don't want to see the next generation of Republicans echoing Donald Trump. I want him to lose and show everyone that MAGA is a losing strategy.

Reactions: dpic73 and flotiger
In other words, YOUR taxes might go up and that should matter more than any other thing. 😅

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT