ADVERTISEMENT

Consumer price inflation hit a new 40-year high in March

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
Just for you libs from your favorite news source. What a joke! China Joe is going to try and use the Putin excuse until the end, but everyone knows the truth.

By Anneken Tappe, CNN Business

Updated 11:07 AM ET, Tue April 12, 2022

220408063410-mcgarity-interview-still-rising-medical-costs-yurkevich-pkg-exlarge-169.jpg

https://clemson.forums.rivals.com/javascript:void(0);
New York (CNN Business)America's inflation problem didn't abate in March. Prices kept creeping up, hitting a fresh 40-year high, data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed Tuesday.
The Consumer Price Index rose 8.5% for the year ended in March, not adjusted for seasonal swings. That outpaced February's elevated reading of 7.9% and marked a level not seen since December 1981 when the CPI stood at 8.9%. Tuesday's March data was also slightly higher than the 8.4% economists had predicted.
Most of the March increase was driven by a jump in gasoline and food prices, which rose as the Ukraine conflict threw global commodities markets for a loop, as well as an upswing in housing costs.
Last month alone, US gas prices rose by more than 18%. Year-over-year, the price of gas soared by 48%.
Stripping out the more volatile food and energy categories, prices rose 6.5% over the 12-month period ended in March -- the biggest jump since August 1982.
Energy costs soared 32% over the last year, while food prices rose by 8.8%. It was the biggest increase in food prices since May 1981.

Price pressure as far as the eye can see​

Even though the more volatile items contributed so much to last month's price hikes, Tuesday's numbers also show that inflationary pressures are broad across the economy, said Joe Brusuelas, chief economist at RSM US.
"Yes, inflation may soon find its peak. However, that does not imply significant relief is on the way in the near term," he said.

Washington's policy makers are concerned about how high prices affect American households, and rightly so. In a consumer survey from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, inflation expectations for the year ahead climbed to the highest level since the inception of the survey.
"Price shocks continue to cascade through the US economy. The risk of further oil and energy shocks given the war in Eastern Europe and the possibility that the European Union may choose to cut off natural gas and oil imports from Russia ... would significantly roil global oil prices," Brusuelas said in a note to clients.
The Fed has started to tighten monetary policy by ending the pandemic stimulus program and raising interest rates to get inflation under control. But monetary policy tools are blunt and take time to be effective, meaning that it will be a while until consumers can breathe a sigh of relief.
For the month of March, consumer prices rose 1.2% with seasonal adjustments, the biggest jump since September 2005. Excluding food and energy, prices rose 0.3% -- less than in February, underlining how big a factor commodity prices are in the current inflation spike.
Airline tickets, furniture, medical care and motor vehicle insurance also increased in price.
"The good news here is that core inflation slowed on a month-on-month basis," wrote Brian Coulton, chief economist at ratings agency Fitch, in emailed comments. Most of that decline can be attributed to falling car prices, he added.

Reactions: TigerRagRob
Just for you libs from your favorite news source. What a joke! China Joe is going to try and use the Putin excuse until the end, but everyone knows the truth.

220408063410-mcgarity-interview-still-rising-medical-costs-yurkevich-pkg-exlarge-169.jpg

New York (CNN Business)America's inflation problem didn't abate in March. Prices kept creeping up, hitting a fresh 40-year high, data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics showed Tuesday.
The Consumer Price Index rose 8.5% for the year ended in March, not adjusted for seasonal swings. That outpaced February's elevated reading of 7.9% and marked a level not seen since December 1981 when the CPI stood at 8.9%. Tuesday's March data was also slightly higher than the 8.4% economists had predicted.
Most of the March increase was driven by a jump in gasoline and food prices, which rose as the Ukraine conflict threw global commodities markets for a loop, as well as an upswing in housing costs.
Last month alone, US gas prices rose by more than 18%. Year-over-year, the price of gas soared by 48%.
Stripping out the more volatile food and energy categories, prices rose 6.5% over the 12-month period ended in March -- the biggest jump since August 1982.
Energy costs soared 32% over the last year, while food prices rose by 8.8%. It was the biggest increase in food prices since May 1981.

Even though the more volatile items contributed so much to last month's price hikes, Tuesday's numbers also show that inflationary pressures are broad across the economy, said Joe Brusuelas, chief economist at RSM US.
"Yes, inflation may soon find its peak. However, that does not imply significant relief is on the way in the near term," he said.

Washington's policy makers are concerned about how high prices affect American households, and rightly so. In a consumer survey from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, inflation expectations for the year ahead climbed to the highest level since the inception of the survey.
"Price shocks continue to cascade through the US economy. The risk of further oil and energy shocks given the war in Eastern Europe and the possibility that the European Union may choose to cut off natural gas and oil imports from Russia ... would significantly roil global oil prices," Brusuelas said in a note to clients.
The Fed has started to tighten monetary policy by ending the pandemic stimulus program and raising interest rates to get inflation under control. But monetary policy tools are blunt and take time to be effective, meaning that it will be a while until consumers can breathe a sigh of relief.
For the month of March, consumer prices rose 1.2% with seasonal adjustments, the biggest jump since September 2005. Excluding food and energy, prices rose 0.3% -- less than in February, underlining how big a factor commodity prices are in the current inflation spike.
Airline tickets, furniture, medical care and motor vehicle insurance also increased in price.
"The good news here is that core inflation slowed on a month-on-month basis," wrote Brian Coulton, chief economist at ratings agency Fitch, in emailed comments. Most of that decline can be attributed to falling car prices, he added.

the irony here is he literally wanted them called trump checks

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200420095159-stimulus-check.jpg

the irony here is he literally wanted them called trump checks

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F200420095159-stimulus-check.jpg
I will freely admit at least a small portion of the current inflation is due to TRUMP. We spent way too much $$$ during his term. However, the vast majority is due to the more recent much higher level of spending and policies of the current admin.

Reactions: yemassee

We’re in the 3rd Seal of Revelation 6, high is the Rider on the Black Horse, which is the 3rd Horseman of the Apocalypse, which is hyper-inflation. Next up is the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse, which is The Rider on the Pale Horse, he’s given authority over 1/4 part of the earth. This includes America, Canada, Europe, New Zealand & Australia.

This Seal includes the fleecing of funds out of our accounts. An EMP Attack, a handful of our cities hit with tactical nukes, Martial Law, FEMA Camps, The Implementation Of The Mark Of The Beast (RFID Chip), Worship of Beast/Antichrist Pope Francis.

Russia or China will be blamed or a combination of the two will be blamed for these attacks but I’d put my money on the NWO blaming Putin for these attacks. The Truth is, these attacks have been planned by the NWO for a long time. Putin, Zelensky, Biden & ALL Global Leaders & Global Elite are in bed together. Back in 2020, I included Iran & North Korea as Possible scapegoats. I think both of these can be taken off the table.

Putin recently mentioned he has a weapon that would kill 90% of Americans. He’s referring to an EMP. The Truth is, The Obama Administration launched a Shuttle full of Enriched Plutonium on December 13th, 2012. This is the shuttle that will be used to release the enriched plutonium. The NWO will also hit a handful of our cities with tactical nukes, including Washington DC.

Once Martial Law is enacted, Authorities will make it mandatory for Citizens to Be Transported To FEMA Camps Under The Guise Of Providing Food, Water, Shelter & Other Provisions.

Once @ The FEMA Camps, Citizens Will Learn They’ve Been Deceived. The NWO Authorities Will Give Citizens Two Choices…
Agree To Be Re-Educated
Receive The Mark Of The Beast (RFID Chip)
Worship Beast/Antichrist Pope Francis (Revelation 13)

OR

Be Terminated By Guillotine (Revelation 13)

People Who Receive The Mark Of The Beast (RFID Chip) & Or Worship The Beast/Antichrist Will Be The Recipient Of 1 or More Of 16 Judgements From GOD Starting With The 6Th Seal In Revelation 6. Once These People Perish, They Will Be Cast Into Hell & After That, Into The Lake Of Fire For Eternity.

People Who Read This Post, I Implore You, Not To Receive The Mark Of The Beast & Or Worship The Beast/Antichrist. If You’ve Never Received JESUS As Your Savior & LORD, You Need To Do So If You Wish To Reside In Heaven. JESUS Said, “I’m The Way, The Truth & The Life, No One Comes Through The FATHER But Through ME.”John 3:3 Says, “Unless A Man Is Born Again, He Cannot Enter The Kingdom Of Heaven.”
Romans 10:9 Says, “If You Confess With Your Mouth The Lord Jesus & Believe In Your Heart GOD Raised Him From The Dead, You Shall Be Saved.

Say This Prayer & You’re Name Will Be Written In The Lambs Book Of Life….
Dear Heavenly FATHER, I Come To You In JESUS’s Name. I ask You to Forgive Me for All Of My Sins, I Believe JESUS Died On The Cross For My Sins & I Believe YOU Raised HIM On The Third Day! I Ask You To Come Live In My Heart & Be My LORD & Savior. I Turn From My Sin & Turn Towards You With All My Heart, Soul, Mind & Body. Thank You For Saving Me!
If You Said That Prayer, You’re name Was Written In The Lambs Book Of Life!!!
Revelation 20:15 Says, “Whoever’s Name Was NOT Written In The Lambs Book Of Life was Cast Into The Lake Of Fire.”
Tell Someone You Received JESUS as Your Savior & LORD.
JESUS Said, “If You Confess ME Before Men, I’ll Confess You Before My Father & His Angels.
HE Also Said, “If You’re Ashamed Of ME & My Words, I’ll Be Ashamed Of You When You Stand Before My FATHER & HIS Angels.
Start Reading Your Bible & Praying Daily.
GOD Promises, If You Seek ME, You’ll Find Me!

I mention all these events in posts under the thread “Conspiracy Theories back in 2020.

We’re in the 3rd Seal of Revelation 6, high is the Rider on the Black Horse, which is the 3rd Horseman of the Apocalypse, which is hyper-inflation. Next up is the Fourth Horseman of the Apocalypse, which is The Rider on the Pale Horse, he’s given authority over 1/4 part of the earth. This includes America, Canada, Europe, New Zealand & Australia.

This Seal includes the fleecing of funds out of our accounts. An EMP Attack, a handful of our cities hit with tactical nukes, Martial Law, FEMA Camps, The Implementation Of The Mark Of The Beast (RFID Chip), Worship of Beast/Antichrist Pope Francis.

Russia or China will be blamed or a combination of the two will be blamed for these attacks but I’d put my money on the NWO blaming Putin for these attacks. The Truth is, these attacks have been planned by the NWO for a long time. Putin, Zelensky, Biden & ALL Global Leaders & Global Elite are in bed together. Back in 2020, I included Iran & North Korea as Possible scapegoats. I think both of these can be taken off the table.

Putin recently mentioned he has a weapon that would kill 90% of Americans. He’s referring to an EMP. The Truth is, The Obama Administration launched a Shuttle full of Enriched Plutonium on December 13th, 2012. This is the shuttle that will be used to release the enriched plutonium. The NWO will also hit a handful of our cities with tactical nukes, including Washington DC.

Once Martial Law is enacted, Authorities will make it mandatory for Citizens to Be Transported To FEMA Camps Under The Guise Of Providing Food, Water, Shelter & Other Provisions.

Once @ The FEMA Camps, Citizens Will Learn They’ve Been Deceived. The NWO Authorities Will Give Citizens Two Choices…
Agree To Be Re-Educated
Receive The Mark Of The Beast (RFID Chip)
Worship Beast/Antichrist Pope Francis (Revelation 13)

OR

Be Terminated By Guillotine (Revelation 13)

People Who Receive The Mark Of The Beast (RFID Chip) & Or Worship The Beast/Antichrist Will Be The Recipient Of 1 or More Of 16 Judgements From GOD Starting With The 6Th Seal In Revelation 6. Once These People Perish, They Will Be Cast Into Hell & After That, Into The Lake Of Fire For Eternity.

People Who Read This Post, I Implore You, Not To Receive The Mark Of The Beast & Or Worship The Beast/Antichrist. If You’ve Never Received JESUS As Your Savior & LORD, You Need To Do So If You Wish To Reside In Heaven. JESUS Said, “I’m The Way, The Truth & The Life, No One Comes Through The FATHER But Through ME.”John 3:3 Says, “Unless A Man Is Born Again, He Cannot Enter The Kingdom Of Heaven.”
Romans 10:9 Says, “If You Confess With Your Mouth The Lord Jesus & Believe In Your Heart GOD Raised Him From The Dead, You Shall Be Saved.

Say This Prayer & You’re Name Will Be Written In The Lambs Book Of Life….
Dear Heavenly FATHER, I Come To You In JESUS’s Name. I ask You to Forgive Me for All Of My Sins, I Believe JESUS Died On The Cross For My Sins & I Believe YOU Raised HIM On The Third Day! I Ask You To Come Live In My Heart & Be My LORD & Savior. I Turn From My Sin & Turn Towards You With All My Heart, Soul, Mind & Body. Thank You For Saving Me!
If You Said That Prayer, You’re name Was Written In The Lambs Book Of Life!!!
Revelation 20:15 Says, “Whoever’s Name Was NOT Written In The Lambs Book Of Life was Cast Into The Lake Of Fire.”
Tell Someone You Received JESUS as Your Savior & LORD.
JESUS Said, “If You Confess ME Before Men, I’ll Confess You Before My Father & His Angels.
HE Also Said, “If You’re Ashamed Of ME & My Words, I’ll Be Ashamed Of You When You Stand Before My FATHER & HIS Angels.
Start Reading Your Bible & Praying Daily.
GOD Promises, If You Seek ME, You’ll Find Me!

I mention all these events in posts under the thread “Conspiracy Theories back in 2020.
you still havent told me how i can get one of these RFID chips

• Love
Reactions: Solid Orange Blood
So what would Trump have done to eliminate this inflation??? Be specific!!!

Not sure, I'm not the President, or a biologist.
Trump would likely have not gotten us in this predicament.
Talks cheap. Post covid where most world economies went south. So you are saying that wouldn't have happened if trump was prez.??? How could that be???

I will freely admit at least a small portion of the current inflation is due to TRUMP. We spent way too much $$$ during his term. However, the vast majority is due to the more recent much higher level of spending and policies of the current admin.

Trump 1 % responsible

Biden and Democrats 250% responsible

Vote Biden if you want democracy and the world to End

So what would Trump have done to eliminate this inflation??? Be specific!!!

You want specific then here's a start

Shut down the illegal immigrants coming into America

Start mass deportations

Cancel all Federal Laws supporting DEI and such racist laws as Affirmative Action

Sunset massive amounts of non-legislative regulations

Close US Department of Education and send all funding back to states

Downsize the Department of Energy

Stop funding green energy including solar and wind as let the free market determine the winners and losers

Cut back on discretionary spending

Enhance the defense budget to scare the pants out of CHINA RUSSIA IRAN and North Korea

OK THAT'S A START

If Joe isn’t careful we will be right back up to 7-8% inflation.

Thank God Manchin saved him from his disastrous bill

Start mass deportations

Cancel all Federal Laws supporting DEI and such racist laws as Affirmative Action

Stop funding green energy including solar and wind as let the free market determine the winners and losers

Enhance the defense budget to scare the pants out of CHINA RUSSIA IRAN and North Korea

OK THAT'S A START

Reactions: yoshi121374

Start mass deportations

OK THAT'S A START
Almost none of that will change inflation. It’s just the talking points from Fox regurgitated

So you are saying it’s impossible to tame inflation?
No. I’m saying those moronic ramblings from Fox News have almost nothing to do with the situation. Inflation is simple economics and will not be fixed by;

“Enhance the defense budget to scare the pants out of CHINA RUSSIA IRAN and North Korea”

In reality this one will likely make it worse

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT