ADVERTISEMENT

The Worst Jobs Report Of All-time Cloaked As A Biden Victory

TigerGrowls

Woodrush
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2001
The scam runs deep.

The Worst Jobs Report Of All-time Cloaked As A Biden Victory (All Job Creation Over Past 4 Years Has Been For Foreign-born Workers, Zero Job-creation For Native Born Workers Since July 2018!)​

February 2, 2024 3 Minutes​

Today’s jobs report was UGLY! How when the US unexpectedly added 353K “jobs” – the most since January 2023. Remember, Biden is President. And apparenty El Presidente of Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Let me start with the official Biden jobs report versus the ADP jobs report from yesterday. BLS showed an amazing surge while ADP was sigalling a slowdown. Obviously, BLS is measuring employment differently (this is an election year after all). Like seasonal adjustments (always econometric voodoo).
image-4.png

But it’s more than just the Biden admin hanging its “success” on seasonal adjustments: when one digs deeper inside the jobs report, all sorts of ugly things emerge… such as the latest divergence between the Establishment (payrolls) and much more accurate Household (actual employment) survey. To wit, while in January the BLS claims 353K payrolls were added, the Household survey found that the number of actually employed workers dropped again, this time by 31K (from 161.183K to 161.152K).
household%20vs%20establish_0.jpg

This means that while the Payrolls series hits new all time highs every month since December 2020 (when according to the BLS the US had its last month of payrolls losses), the level of Employment has barely budged in the past year. Worse, as shown in the chart below, such a gaping divergence has opened between the two series in the past 4 years, that the number of Employed workers would need to soar by 9 million (!) to catch up to what Payrolls claims is the employment situation.
payrolls%20vs%20employment%20jan%2024.jpg

There’s more: shifting from a quantitative to a qualitative assessment, reveals just how ugly the composition of “new jobs” has been. Consider this: the BLS reports that in January 2024, the US had 133.1 million full-time jobs and 27.9 million part-time jobs. Well, that’s great… until you look back one year and find that in February 2023 the US had 133.2 million full-time jobs, or more than it does one year later! And yes, all the job growth since then has been in part-time jobs, which have increased by 870K since February 2023 (from 27.020 million to 27.890 million).
part%20time%20full%20time%20monthly.jpg

Here is a summary of the labor composition in the past year: all the jobs have been part-time jobs!
full%20time%20vs%20part-time.jpg

But wait there’s even more, because just as we enter the peak of election season and political talking points will be thrown around left and right, especially in the context of the immigration crisis created intentionally by the Biden administration which is hoping to import millions of new Democratic voters (maybe the US can hold the presidential election in Honduras or Guatemala, after all it is their citizens that will be illegally casting the key votes in November), what we find is that in January, the number of native-born worker tumbled again, sliding by a massive 560K to just 129.807 million. Add to this the December data, and we get a near-record 1.9 million plunge in native-born workers in just the past 2 months!
native%20born%202%20month.jpg

Said otherwise, not only has all job creation in the past 4 years has been exclusively for foreign-born workers, but there has been zero job-creation for native born workers since July 2018!
Source: St Louis Fed FRED Native Born and Foreign Born
This is a huge issue – especially at a time of an illegal alien flood at the border – and is about to become a huge political scandal, because once the inevitable recession finally hits, there will be millions of furious unemployed Americans demanding a more accurate explanation for what happened – i.e., the illegal immigration floodgates that were opened by the Biden admin.
Which is also why the Biden admin will do everything in his power to insure there is no official recession before November… and is why after the election is over, all economic hell will finally break loose. Until then, however, expect the jobs numbers to get more and more ridiculous.
I wonder if “Union Joe” is telling US labor union about no growth for native (American born) workers.
taylorswiftpack.png

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016 and dpic73
In every major business in Georgia that I follow… there has been a noticeable reduction in work force. Starting off with 12,000 folks cut from UPS.

In every major business in Georgia that I follow… there has been a noticeable reduction in work force. Starting off with 12,000 folks cut from UPS.
These are mostly companies that over-hired after the pandemic and are right-sizing now. This is a drop in the bucket of the overall job market.

Before retirinrg in 2013 I worked for a company ranked around 100 in the fortune 500. They have laid off approximately 5k in the last 2 years . U.S. is taking a hit in good paying manufacturing job's. Plus they are about to lay off another 6k due to shutting down their healthcare division.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
UPS is laying off primarily to balance the books from the recent negotiations with the union.

No union workers are being laid off. But the 170k a year for drivers can’t be sustained without some folks losing jobs.

The scam runs deep.

The Worst Jobs Report Of All-time Cloaked As A Biden Victory (All Job Creation Over Past 4 Years Has Been For Foreign-born Workers, Zero Job-creation For Native Born Workers Since July 2018!)​

February 2, 2024 3 Minutes​

Today’s jobs report was UGLY! How when the US unexpectedly added 353K “jobs” – the most since January 2023. Remember, Biden is President. And apparenty El Presidente of Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Let me start with the official Biden jobs report versus the ADP jobs report from yesterday. BLS showed an amazing surge while ADP was sigalling a slowdown. Obviously, BLS is measuring employment differently (this is an election year after all). Like seasonal adjustments (always econometric voodoo).
image-4.png

But it’s more than just the Biden admin hanging its “success” on seasonal adjustments: when one digs deeper inside the jobs report, all sorts of ugly things emerge… such as the latest divergence between the Establishment (payrolls) and much more accurate Household (actual employment) survey. To wit, while in January the BLS claims 353K payrolls were added, the Household survey found that the number of actually employed workers dropped again, this time by 31K (from 161.183K to 161.152K).
household%20vs%20establish_0.jpg

This means that while the Payrolls series hits new all time highs every month since December 2020 (when according to the BLS the US had its last month of payrolls losses), the level of Employment has barely budged in the past year. Worse, as shown in the chart below, such a gaping divergence has opened between the two series in the past 4 years, that the number of Employed workers would need to soar by 9 million (!) to catch up to what Payrolls claims is the employment situation.
payrolls%20vs%20employment%20jan%2024.jpg

There’s more: shifting from a quantitative to a qualitative assessment, reveals just how ugly the composition of “new jobs” has been. Consider this: the BLS reports that in January 2024, the US had 133.1 million full-time jobs and 27.9 million part-time jobs. Well, that’s great… until you look back one year and find that in February 2023 the US had 133.2 million full-time jobs, or more than it does one year later! And yes, all the job growth since then has been in part-time jobs, which have increased by 870K since February 2023 (from 27.020 million to 27.890 million).
part%20time%20full%20time%20monthly.jpg

Here is a summary of the labor composition in the past year: all the jobs have been part-time jobs!
full%20time%20vs%20part-time.jpg

But wait there’s even more, because just as we enter the peak of election season and political talking points will be thrown around left and right, especially in the context of the immigration crisis created intentionally by the Biden administration which is hoping to import millions of new Democratic voters (maybe the US can hold the presidential election in Honduras or Guatemala, after all it is their citizens that will be illegally casting the key votes in November), what we find is that in January, the number of native-born worker tumbled again, sliding by a massive 560K to just 129.807 million. Add to this the December data, and we get a near-record 1.9 million plunge in native-born workers in just the past 2 months!
native%20born%202%20month.jpg

Said otherwise, not only has all job creation in the past 4 years has been exclusively for foreign-born workers, but there has been zero job-creation for native born workers since July 2018!
Source: St Louis Fed FRED Native Born and Foreign Born
This is a huge issue – especially at a time of an illegal alien flood at the border – and is about to become a huge political scandal, because once the inevitable recession finally hits, there will be millions of furious unemployed Americans demanding a more accurate explanation for what happened – i.e., the illegal immigration floodgates that were opened by the Biden admin.
Which is also why the Biden admin will do everything in his power to insure there is no official recession before November… and is why after the election is over, all economic hell will finally break loose. Until then, however, expect the jobs numbers to get more and more ridiculous.
I wonder if “Union Joe” is telling US labor union about no growth for native (American born) workers.
taylorswiftpack.png
So much work. So little value. Zero impact. So much disappointment coming OP’s way.

Reactions: dpic73
UPS is laying off primarily to balance the books from the recent negotiations with the union.

No union workers are being laid off. But the 170k a year for drivers can’t be sustained without some folks losing jobs.
They also made $2.5b in profits over Q4, which is about an 11% profit margin. They’re prob gearing up for a big buyback since they haven’t given one since 2022, I believe

I am seeing the opposite. The biggest challenge we have been having is that the job market is so hot that job hopping by Americans has become a real issue. They come on and are gone in 6 months. It is like they they are already looking for a new job on their first day. Our international workers have been much more solid over time. We will be hiring in Latin America and the Philippines in 2024.

Oh, and @TigerGrowls , if your lord and savior trump had won and was president - he didn’t win, he lost fair and square - you would be defending the these numbers as stellar.

Liz doesn't have to worry about serving. The PEOPLE of her state VOTED her out because she didn't reflect their views.

You would never be able to hold office either, because the majority of people don't support your views. Somehow, you think you are superior to the rest of us. It makes me laugh.

Liz doesn't have to worry about serving. The PEOPLE of her state VOTED her out because she didn't reflect their views.

You would never be able to hold office either, because the majority of people don't support your views. Somehow, you think you are superior to the rest of us. It makes me laugh.
It's not that he's superior, it's just his ideas, morals, and ethics are superior to yours. Let's just go with that.

It's not that he's superior, it's just his ideas, morals, and ethics are superior to yours. Let's just go with that.
The funny thing is my views align with making everyone's lives better, including his. I want the very best for him.

It's obvious he wants the opposite for me so if that makes me superior, I'll happily own it.

I am seeing the opposite. The biggest challenge we have been having is that the job market is so hot that job hopping by Americans has become a real issue. They come on and are gone in 6 months. It is like they they are already looking for a new job on their first day. Our international workers have been much more solid over time. We will be hiring in Latin America and the Philippines in 2024.

Oh, and @TigerGrowls , if your lord and savior trump had won and was president - he didn’t win, he lost fair and square - you would be defending the these numbers as stellar.

They come on and are gone in 6 months. It is like they they are already looking for a new job on their first day.
Yep, 100%. It’s beyond frustrating, while at the same time a beautiful thing. It won’t last forever so people who are doing this better hope it won’t bite them later in their career, but I don’t blame them one bit.

you would be defending the these numbers as stellar.
I’ve never understood how Americans can root and cheer for poor economic growth or anything for that matter related to the health of our country. Like somehow it only affects you when the other side is in office. I’m going to live here for my entire life, I’m pulling for the US to be successful for that entire time and beyond. If one truly wants America to be great, celebrate the greatness no matter who has the nuclear futbol. I hate that shiiz. Rant over.

Trump numbers were real. Career bureaucrats that do this are dems so they fudge for them only.

establishment vs hh survey has become comical. this article actually misses the what's become the funniest part of the establishment data - the revisions. the way it works is there's not enough data in available to bls when they publish nfp, so they build a model that makes a number of assumptions and adjustments that produces an estimate (some econometric model that looks really mathematically complex...which is about all it's good for). in the ensuing months, there are revisions made to the trailing 2 months as actual data replaces model assumptions. it may come as a surprise to some people, but the revisions for the 2-month trailing updates in 2023 were downward for 10 of the 11 months we have data for. the media only ever mentions the "headline" or front month numbers, which magically happen to consistently beat or fall in line with estimates, that they celebrate. somehow, they never mention the revisions in ensuing months when the previously celebrated numbers turned out to be a crock of sht. nope, they just talk about the new headline numbers that are about as useful as tits on a nun.

Trump numbers were real. Career bureaucrats that do this are dems so they fudge for them only.

Yes, I know, dear leader told you that. The jobs numbers started being real the day he took office, and started being phony again the day he left.

“Does the president believe that this jobs report was accurate and a fair way to measure the economy?” “I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote him very clearly,” Spicer said. “They may have been phony in the past, but it's very real now.”Mar 10, 2017

Notice how his own press secretary laughs as he says this. He is laughing at you by the way.

Something tells me their members are pretty pleased about not getting laid off
considering their workload is getting ready to go off the rails, with little to no support nor matching increase in salary... we will see.

considering their workload is getting ready to go off the rails, with little to no support nor matching increase in salary... we will see.
No increase in salary? But I thought you said these layoffs were to “balance the books” from all the salary increases the union just negotiated?

Yes, I know, dear leader told you that. The jobs numbers started being real the day he took office, and started being phony again the day he left.

“Does the president believe that this jobs report was accurate and a fair way to measure the economy?” “I talked to the president prior to this, and he said to quote him very clearly,” Spicer said. “They may have been phony in the past, but it's very real now.”Mar 10, 2017

Notice how his own press secretary laughs as he says this. He is laughing at you by the way.

Just look at the facts that are posted in this thread.

No increase in salary? But I thought you said these layoffs were to “balance the books” from all the salary increases the union just negotiated?
The union gets a majority of the increase in salary.

Looks good on paper, but ultimately the increase is eaten up by union dues, fees and overhead from the union.

Look I'm all for paying the people, I got no problem with an increase in wage here. Just saying UPS isn't laying off because of over hiring during the pandemic. The business model has changed a bit, and the agreement with the union drivers has forced a lot of mid level folks to the curb.

I'm mean it's business. So... it is what it is.
But 12,000 folks getting laid off isn't "good"

Reactions: Clemson Goat

Looks good on paper, but ultimately the increase is eaten up by union dues, fees and overhead from the union.

Look I'm all for paying the people, I got no problem with an increase in wage here. Just saying UPS isn't laying off because of over hiring during the pandemic. The business model has changed a bit, and the agreement with the union drivers has forced a lot of mid level folks to the curb.

Nobody is saying that layoffs are good. The issue is that you are trying to use a 2% workforce reduction at UPS as some sort of conspiratorial evidence that the government is lying about the jobs report. And conveniently, you guys only make these arguments when a dem is president. If Trump was still president, you and @TigerGrowls would be making posts celebrating these same numbers.

Last edited:

So you’re saying that the salary increases aren’t actually passed on to the union members?

So you’re saying that the salary increases aren’t actually passed on to the union members?
Saying that the workload for the union members is increased because support staff have been decreased, and no... the entire sum of the increases are not passed on to the union worker. Most union dues and agreements are tied to your hourly rate. So an increase in that rate = and increase in dues and fees.

I'm not privy to the actual agreements in UPS, but it's fairly standard for the union to get their cut before it gets to your paycheck.

Does this ultimately end in an "increase" in salary? Hopefully. As I said, I'm for the workers to get paid.

My stance here is that drops in one bucket, have to come from somewhere... and when business is soft, those drops come from cutting other positions. So in a macro-economic sense... it's not overall good.

You can have 100 people employed at 10,000 a year (1,000,000 payroll), or 50 employed at 15,000 a year with union help, and they pay 3k a year for union dues (net 2k increase in salary) (750,000 payroll). The company saves 250K, the 50 folks get a slight raise, but 50 folks are unemployed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clemson Goat
Saying that the workload for the union members is increased because support staff have been decreased, and no... the entire sum of the increases are not passed on to the union worker. Most union dues and agreements are tied to your hourly rate. So an increase in that rate = and increase in dues and fees.

I'm not privy to the actual agreements in UPS, but it's fairly standard for the union to get their cut before it gets to your paycheck.

Does this ultimately end in an "increase" in salary? Hopefully. As I said, I'm for the workers to get paid.

My stance here is that drops in one bucket, have to come from somewhere... and when business is soft, those drops come from cutting other positions. So in a macro-economic sense... it's not overall good.

You can have 100 people employed at 10,000 a year (1,000,000 payroll), or 50 employed at 15,000 a year with union help, and they pay 3k a year for union dues (net 2k increase in salary) (750,000 payroll). The company saves 250K, the 50 folks get a slight raise, but 50 folks are unemployed.
UPS’s union dues are 2.5 x hourly rate per month. So under the agreement, pay went up by $7.50 per hour (that’s over a 5 year period) which would mean that that overall pay would increase by $15,600 annually (based on 40hrs/wk) while union dues would increase by $225 annually. Seems like a pretty good deal for the workers. There are initiation fees for new hires, which vary depending on where they’re located but are in the neighborhood of $600-$1000.

As for why the layoffs, UPS’s revenue decline $9 billion year over year, so I’d suggest that the layoffs have a LOT more to do with the decrease in demand and declining revenue than they do with increase cost due to the union agreement.

And even if we say that the sole reason for the layoffs is the union agreement, you’re talking about 12,000 layoffs vs 340,000 teamsters that kept their jobs and received raises.

It’s really hard to fathom how anyone could argue that labor unions aren’t an overwhelmingly net positive for the worker.

UPS’s union dues are 2.5 x hourly rate per month. So under the agreement, pay went up by $7.50 per hour (that’s over a 5 year period) which would mean that that overall pay would increase by $15,600 annually (based on 40hrs/wk) while union dues would increase by $225 annually. Seems like a pretty good deal for the workers. There are initiation fees for new hires, which vary depending on where they’re located but are in the neighborhood of $600-$1000.

As for why the layoffs, UPS’s revenue decline $9 billion year over year, so I’d suggest that the layoffs have a LOT more to do with the decrease in demand and declining revenue than they do with increase cost due to the union agreement.

And even if we say that the sole reason for the layoffs is the union agreement, you’re talking about 12,000 layoffs vs 340,000 teamsters that kept their jobs and received raises.

It’s really hard to fathom how anyone could argue that labor unions aren’t an overwhelmingly net positive for the worker.
Thank you. for the great discussion. Appreciate your insights.

Reactions: dbjork6317
Dude... The numbers are from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. And they are indeed compiled by career bureaucrats that are supposed to not be political. They do it the same way every time. Trump (and everyone else) used their numbers to measure employment and job growth or the lack thereof. Funny when Trump had good job numbers, you never seemed to have a problem with them. But if Biden gets good numbers, they MUST be corrupt.

Standard answer for you though... If you don't like something, just attack it or just label it Deep State. Kind of like where you used CDC numbers to talk about Covid and how the CDC numbers can't be trusted.

Dude... The numbers are from the Bureau of Labor Statistics. And they are indeed compiled by career bureaucrats that are supposed to not be political. They do it the same way every time. Trump (and everyone else) used their numbers to measure employment and job growth or the lack thereof. Funny when Trump had good job numbers, you never seemed to have a problem with them. But if Biden gets good numbers, they MUST be corrupt.

Standard answer for you though... If you don't like something, just attack it or just label it Deep State. Kind of like where you used CDC numbers to talk about Covid and how the CDC numbers can't be trusted.
If they are so good then why are they having to significantly adjust the numbers down months later on a regular basis? Well we know you are a Trump hater. Trump could say water is wet and you would strongly disagree due to your derangement syndrome. Go talk with a professional to resolve your hater attitude.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT