ADVERTISEMENT

Corruptions in elections...

Willence

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2003
Folks that seek to understand just how corrupt or folks that say the process isn't corrupt need look no further than what's going on in Michigan.

In that state RFK, Jr. was seeking to remove his name from the ballot and the Michigan SOS (who is a Dem) says that's not legally doable. At the same time, folks in Michigan have been suing to remove Cornell West from the ballot there because they know he'll take votes from Harris. It's ridiculous what we see going on with all of this. One person who is no longer a candidate and can't legally receive votes is not on the ballot while the other, who is a candidate, is having to defend his candidacy and ability to be on the ballot. All in the name of partisan gain...

There's so much more than could be revealed in all this. All the candidates running as third party candidates in this election share the frustration that we have seen from RFK over the headwinds he faced in his campaign. It's all very unsettling but also unsurprising given what we see from the Democrats these days in their effort to save democracy by subverting it at every possible turn. I'm sure this thread will go about as usual but the truth will remain the truth regardless of what's said. And the truth is ugly.

Reactions: TigerGrowls
"The statute literally says, 'Any person who files nomination papers and qualifies to appear on the ballot may not decline nomination. The name of that person shall appear upon the ballot except in case of death of the person,'" Ann Jacobs, the chair of the commission, told another commissioner struggling with the idea of keeping someone on the ballot who didn't want to move forward with his or her candidacy.

"You're giving me this touchy-feely: 'I feel like this shouldn't be the law.' The law in this case is crystal clear," she added. "I don't disagree with you — it's weird, but I don't see we have any discretion here."

Michigan state law prevents minor-party nominees from withdrawing after being certified, and the Michigan Bureau of Elections told Michigan Public Radio the deadline for any changes had long passed.

“The Natural Law Party held their convention to select electors for Robert Kennedy Jr.,” spokesperson Cheri Hardmon said. “They cannot meet at this point to select new electors since it's past the primary.”

"The statute literally says, 'Any person who files nomination papers and qualifies to appear on the ballot may not decline nomination. The name of that person shall appear upon the ballot except in case of death of the person,'" Ann Jacobs, the chair of the commission, told another commissioner struggling with the idea of keeping someone on the ballot who didn't want to move forward with his or her candidacy.

"You're giving me this touchy-feely: 'I feel like this shouldn't be the law.' The law in this case is crystal clear," she added. "I don't disagree with you — it's weird, but I don't see we have any discretion here."

Michigan state law prevents minor-party nominees from withdrawing after being certified, and the Michigan Bureau of Elections told Michigan Public Radio the deadline for any changes had long passed.

“The Natural Law Party held their convention to select electors for Robert Kennedy Jr.,” spokesperson Cheri Hardmon said. “They cannot meet at this point to select new electors since it's past the primary.”

@Willence believes the only laws that should be followed are the ones he agrees with, just like his lord and savior, Trump.

And of course, he makes no mention of the fact that:
1. RFKjr's entire campaign was funded by trumps biggest donors for not other purpose than to take votes from biden
2. RFKjr made deal to endorse trump for a cabinet position
3. RFKjr only wants his name off the ballot in states where it helps trump, and wants to stay on the ballot in states where it will hurt Haris.

@Willence believes the only laws that should be followed are the ones he agrees with, just like his lord and savior, Trump.

1. RFKjr's entire campaign was funded by trumps biggest donors for not other purpose than to take votes from biden
3. RFKjr only wants his name off the ballot in states where it helps trump, and wants to stay on the ballot in states where it will hurt Haris.
Genuinely asking:
1. RFKjr's entire campaign was funded by trumps biggest donors for not other purpose than to take votes from biden. If so, why back out? Is it because of your #2?
3. RFKjr only wants his name off the ballot in states where it helps trump, and wants to stay on the ballot in states where it will hurt Haris. Is this actually True or it just sounds good? Prove it.

Interesting

Did you type this from the closet so your wife couldn’t see you?

Reactions: EeyoreTiger
Genuinely asking:

Trump people realized that RFKJR was taking as many, if not more, votes from him than Biden (because of the anti vax stuff). That is when trump's rhetoric on rfkjr changed from mildy supportive to referring to him as "communist" and "liberal left loon". At the same time, trump also introduced his policy for no vaccine mandates in schools (that will end well).

If all of rfkjr's supporters were just dems who didn't like biden, then an endorsement for trump would be meaningless.

From the horse's mouth:

On Friday, Kennedy suspended his campaign and endorsed Trump. Kennedy said his name would remain on the ballot in many noncompetitive states. But in the seven battleground states and three others that he considers competitive, he would request to have his name removed from the ballot.

"Our polling consistently showed that by staying on the ballot in the battleground states, I would likely hand the election over to the Democrats, with whom I disagree on the most existential issues," he said.

Reactions: dpic73
Folks that seek to understand just how corrupt or folks that say the process isn't corrupt need look no further than what's going on in Michigan.

In that state RFK, Jr. was seeking to remove his name from the ballot and the Michigan SOS (who is a Dem) says that's not legally doable. At the same time, folks in Michigan have been suing to remove Cornell West from the ballot there because they know he'll take votes from Harris. It's ridiculous what we see going on with all of this. One person who is no longer a candidate and can't legally receive votes is not on the ballot while the other, who is a candidate, is having to defend his candidacy and ability to be on the ballot. All in the name of partisan gain...

There's so much more than could be revealed in all this. All the candidates running as third party candidates in this election share the frustration that we have seen from RFK over the headwinds he faced in his campaign. It's all very unsettling but also unsurprising given what we see from the Democrats these days in their effort to save democracy by subverting it at every possible turn. I'm sure this thread will go about as usual but the truth will remain the truth regardless of what's said. And the truth is ugly.
Had you researched this prior to making this post?

• Haha
Reactions: DW4_2016
Good thing. You’d have run home crying… again.

200w.gif

Reactions: flotiger
Trump people realized that RFKJR was taking as many, if not more, votes from him than Biden (because of the anti vax stuff). That is when trump's rhetoric on rfkjr changed from mildy supportive to referring to him as "communist" and "liberal left loon". At the same time, trump also introduced his policy for no vaccine mandates in schools (that will end well).

If all of rfkjr's supporters were just dems who didn't like biden, then an endorsement for trump would be meaningless.

From the horse's mouth:

On Friday, Kennedy suspended his campaign and endorsed Trump. Kennedy said his name would remain on the ballot in many noncompetitive states. But in the seven battleground states and three others that he considers competitive, he would request to have his name removed from the ballot.

"Our polling consistently showed that by staying on the ballot in the battleground states, I would likely hand the election over to the Democrats, with whom I disagree on the most existential issues," he said.
Sounds like competitive "gameplay". Maybe the dems should have some policy (any policy for that matter) that makes RFKJr want to be on your side.
That's all.
Sounds like little bitches too me, but why should I be surprised.

Sounds like competitive "gameplay". Maybe the dems should have some policy (any policy for that matter) that makes RFKJr want to be on your side.
That's all.
The Democrats are far better off not having RFK Jr on their side. What are his attributes? The worm is no longer in his brain? The bear cub was already dead?

This guy has zilch going for him and if his name wasn’t Kennedy he’d be seen as just a crank and would have never gotten sufficient signatures to get on a ballot.

Reactions: flotiger and dpic73
The Democrats are far better off not having RFK Jr on their side. What are his attributes? The worm is no longer in his brain? The bear cub was already dead?

This guy has zilch going for him and if his name wasn’t Kennedy he’d be seen as just a crank and would have never gotten sufficient signatures to get on a ballot.
The worm, bear and the dead brain thing...

giphy.gif

Reactions: TigerGrowls
That's all.

Oh don’t get me wrong. I don’t give two shits about jfkjr. His endorsement will likely have net zero impact on the election. I was just responding to @Willence ’s usual misinformed, pearl clutching bullshit.

And if you are going to be labeling people as bitches, might I suggest you and your ilk who are so genuinely worried about democratic primary voters.

Trump is gonna to lose. I am pretty sure you were in our original ban bet. Care to jump back in, or are you a little bitch?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT