ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy Idaho Weather

hopefultiger13

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Aug 20, 2008
Pocatello, ID
Well, it's been an unusual Fall for sure. We got a bit of snow a couple of weeks ago (just flakes that melted when they hit the ground), but the mountains got a bit of a dusting last night. Hopefully that's an indicator of the ski season to come. We have had a crazy wet fall here with substantial rain nearly every week, far and away the wettest I've seen it in my 12 years here. Usually this is the "fire season" with everything dry and fires breaking out everywhere, and smoky views of the mountains. Not so much this year.

Last winter was the most snow I've ever seen. I managed 27 ski days (not full days, but as I've a ski hill < 1 hour away, I often take a half day and ski until lunch then work the afternoon) with AT LEAST 10 powder days where there was 6+ inches of new powder. By the middle of February the slope was opening late b/c they had to blow/shovel snow so that the chairs wouldn't bottom out on the lifts. More of the same please. I'm maxed out on vacation and already have my season pass.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.