ADVERTISEMENT

Dabo's NIL stubbornness will be the end of us

athigpe

Woodrush
Gold Member
Jan 3, 2007
I know some will day that many of us are overreacting to the Bryce Davis news, and that's ok. That response is wrong, but grandma always said everyone is entitled to their wrong opinions.

The Davis news yesterday in my mind was the biggest red herring in an entire offseason of red herrings regarding this program's future. It's becoming clear to me that Dabo, someone who took this program to heights well well well beyond anything I could've ever imagined, is going to allow his arrogance and pride to drive this program right back down to the level of mediocrity it was at prior to him taking over.

The fact of the matter is that Dabo, like so many on this board, has to get off his high horse and accept the new reality. It's one thing to disagree with it. Hell I don't think it's the best thing that ever happened to college football, far from it, but to arrogantly try push forward without acknowledging the new reality is just pissing in the wind. If Dabo has this much of a moral apprehension with college football players being paid, then he needs to retire, period.

And I don't say that because he is a bad coach. He's the best coach we have ever had, and it's not close. But sports change just like anything else. Dabo reminds me of the battleship leadership in the Navy in WWII, so stubborn in thinking that naval battles were going to continue to be fought in the ways they'd been fought for decades when the invention of aircraft carriers and aerial combat made battleships obsolete as the primary naval vessel seemingly overnight.

You have to evolve, or you have to exit. And that's before we get into the hypocrisy of Dabo making tens of millions of dollars and having his agent go to Clemson with his handout every time he won a title or achieved a new accomplishment yet saying he

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.