ADVERTISEMENT

***** David Sanders Jr.

Cris_Ard

Owner - Publisher of Tigerillustrated.com
Staff
May 29, 2001
tigerillustrated.com
Longtime Clemson five-star offensive tackle target David Sanders Jr. is featured in today's Fact Or Fiction piece at Rivals.com.

National Recruiting Director Adam Gorney was joined on the feature by national analyst Adam Friedman.

David Sanders will visit others but will end up signing with Georgia.

Gorney’s take: FICTION. There is a long way to go for this one to play out and I’m never counting Georgia out of any recruitment especially because coach Kirby Smart, position coach Stacy Searels and others have made him such a top priority to come to Athens. But I definitely think Clemson has the slight edge in David Sanders' recruitment now with position coach Matt Luke leading the charge there although position development there could hinder the Tigers.

Ohio State could make things interesting and Sanders had an awesome visit to Alabama but in the end I could see this as a Georgia/Clemson battle. It could go either way but I’m not confident enough to say he picks the Dawgs in the end.

Friedman’s take: FICTION. I felt really good about Georgia's chances back in August when I entered my FutureCast for the Bulldogs but now I'd give them less than a 50-percent chance of signing Sanders. All the momentum is on Clemson's side right now but Tennessee is lurking as a major threat to the Tigers and UGA.

Sanders is at Ohio State for an unofficial visit this weekend and has an unofficial visit set for Tennessee's spring game before starting his official visit schedule. This will continue to be a tight race through the end of his official visits but I'm giving the edge to Clemson right now.

Full article: https://clemson.rivals.com/news/fact-or-fiction-david-sanders-will-end-up-signing-with-georgia

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News