ADVERTISEMENT

DHEC with a message to the “Do your own research” crowd

pass. I will continue to get all of my information from people on facebook, youtube influencers trying to sell more ads and the guy that cuts my grass.
The ones that get me are the ones that share a video of a "Doctor" giving their opinion. There was a video a few weeks ago of a Doctor giving his opinion on vaccines in front of a school board. The video was shared on here and I saw it posted on Facebook a few times before it was removed.

The Doctor was articulate and spoke confidently about his opinion. I decided to look the guy up ... it turned out at that he was a general practitioner from a moderately sized town in Indiana. He had no studies published on any topic let alone virology. No articles written, no peer reviewed studies of any kind. No awards received, no articles about grants he secured for his local hospital .... nothing. The only mention of this guy on the internet were podcasts where he criticized everything COVID related from the beginning, and he had 31 patient reviews on a few review website. 31 reviews ................... in 21 years of practice.

Oh ... there were two mentions about him that werent COVID related though. 1) He was fired from one hospital because "we had a difference of opinion on how medicine should be conducted" and 2) He was sued for medical malpractice and the plaintiff was awarded $750K........

People are "doing their own research" and finding the "facts" that they want to find.

My opinion now is, if you dont want to take the vaccine, fine .... if/when you get sick, dont go to the hospital. You made the reckless decision, and you should have to live with it ....

The ones that get me are the ones that share a video of a "Doctor" giving their opinion. There was a video a few weeks ago of a Doctor giving his opinion on vaccines in front of a school board. The video was shared on here and I saw it posted on Facebook a few times before it was removed.

The Doctor was articulate and spoke confidently about his opinion. I decided to look the guy up ... it turned out at that he was a general practitioner from a moderately sized town in Indiana. He had no studies published on any topic let alone virology. No articles written, no peer reviewed studies of any kind. No awards received, no articles about grants he secured for his local hospital .... nothing. The only mention of this guy on the internet were podcasts where he criticized everything COVID related from the beginning, and he had 31 patient reviews on a few review website. 31 reviews ................... in 21 years of practice.

Oh ... there were two mentions about him that werent COVID related though. 1) He was fired from one hospital because "we had a difference of opinion on how medicine should be conducted" and 2) He was sued for medical malpractice and the plaintiff was awarded $750K........

People are "doing their own research" and finding the "facts" that they want to find.

My opinion now is, if you dont want to take the vaccine, fine .... if/when you get sick, dont go to the hospital. You made the reckless decision, and you should have to live with it ....
My favorite expert was the Dr. (chiropractor) who was telling all the downfalls of not allowing the entire population to just get Covid. Limiting spread, as he claimed, would only hurt our immune systems and make us more susceptible to sickness. Alternative facts I guess...

Reactions: yoshi121374

Interesting side note I found out very early in my life.

As a white man with a deep voice, if I put a suit on And give a confident presentation about pretty much any subject, people will believe me.

Interesting side note I found out very early in my life.

As a white man with a deep voice, if I put a suit on And give a confident presentation about pretty much any subject, people will believe me.
YUP. I see this everyday in my field. ... throw in some industry buzz words, and that is how some careers are made. Only thing better? .... is if said white man has a British accent.

My favorite expert was the Dr. (chiropractor) who was telling all the downfalls of not allowing the entire population to just get Covid. Limiting spread, as he claimed, would only hurt our immune systems and make us more susceptible to sickness. Alternative facts I guess...
RIGHT!!!!! Im all for Doctors giving their opinion BUT ... in this case, clearly state your credentials and field. Would you let a Neuro Surgeon conduct heart surgery on you? No? Why not? They and a Cardiac surgeon are both Doctors???

Should a Podiatrist's opinion on a Pandemic be weighted the same as a Virologist? No of course not!

Reactions: CoffeeIsForClosers
RIGHT!!!!! Im all for Doctors giving their opinion BUT ... in this case, clearly state your credentials and field. Would you let a Neuro Surgeon conduct heart surgery on you? No? Why not? They and a Cardiac surgeon are both Doctors???

Should a Podiatrist's opinion on a Pandemic be weighted the same as a Virologist? No of course not!
Read this thread…

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT