ADVERTISEMENT

"DJT" - Ticker symbol for Trump Media Begins Trading - Trump Receives Another $1.8B

hold out for $3 friend
I'll see when we get there.

Its the most expensive short in the market so there will be some volatility and some chances to pick up shares on the cheap. Trump knows a thing or two about entertainment and branding, so i think it will be successful and its not going to go bankrupt. So it's just about getting in at a fair price. If you look at the fundamentals, the value is lower than where it is currently trading. As they say, price is what you pay, value is what you get.

Currenly costs about $.75 cents a day to be short the stock. It is subject to short squeezes so there will be lots of opportunity if you are a trader.

In your first paragraph you say Trump lies his ass off. How do you square that with Biden's lies? Do you chalk them up to dementia, or are his lies ok while Trunps are not? Can you post the picture or a link to the website of the politician who you hold as the gold standard and has not lied?

And no matter what you think of the election, there were irregularities and laws that were not followed. We live in America where Freedom of Speech is protected, and he has every right to question an election. Espescially after the Deep State tried to frame him. He is allowed to fight back and question the legitimacy of people that intentionally, and continuously, lied to smear him.

Remember, they were already violating Trumps civil rights before he decided to run for election. They were illegally spying on him, and no one was ever held accountable. Trump has every right to think they stole the election, because they did.

Lying by Biden and Trump along with all the other sleazy politicians is protected free speech.

Don't like it, but that is the way it is.

It is the hearer's job to sort the wheat from the chaff.

Reactions: fatpiggy
Short it if you have the balls. You can make a killing betting against Trump. I know I would not bet my life on it.

If I had to make a bet for my life on whether a Trump business would succeed or fail I'd bet on fail. That's his track record historically. He isn't really a great businessman, he just started between third base and home thanks to Daddy's money.

My money on super seven tech stocks

I am concerned about Tesla as the EV market is hitting huge headwinds where the design, performance, operating costs, purchasing costs, etc. are not economically viable unless the big dog government feds supplement and spoon feed the industry.

I am staying out Trump's stock for the moment until I see some history.

I am beginning to think that X and Trump will become the big dogs as the others will grow but have credibility issues with the silent public.

people are not liking the bias in the sites.

So my pennies are waiting to see how it runs. After the election after 2024 closes and then about January 2025 I may pull the trigger on some.
My largest holding are Tesla and SpaceX.

After buying a tesla i don't think i will ever buy a gas powered car again. Sure Tesla will get some competition, they actually need competition, but the problem is none of the Traditionals can compete with Tesla on cost. Elon has the market cornered for the next few years. That, and i use the Full Self Driving all the time and there is not a singular doubt in my mind that the RoboTaxi will work. Last, in a world of DEI where company values are not aligned with the shareholder, Elon doesn't play that game. And i think those priniciples will outperform in the long term. There are short term headwinds such as EV adoption, Interest Rates, Governement interference etc but im in this for the long haul - 10-20 years plus. There is no doubt in my mind that the future is electric.

The DJT Stock .... i barely know what it is. But i did read that the stock has to stay above a certain price, $12 a share i think, for the first 6 months and if it does then Trump receives another 1/3 of the company which would be equivalent to another $2billion on top of the implied $4Billion value. Wall Street is just not going to let that happen easily, nor should they. It's an unproven company. As i stated above DJT is the most expensive stock to short right now, costing ~$.75 cents a day to be short so it's not a surprise that it's going lower. This is going to open up some opportunities for short squeezes and there will be people defending the stock on Trumps behalf so i expect volatility.

After buying a tesla i don't think i will ever buy a gas powered car again. Sure Tesla will get some competition, they actually need competition, but the problem is none of the Traditionals can compete with Tesla on cost. Elon has the market cornered for the next few years. That, and i use the Full Self Driving all the time and there is not a singular doubt in my mind that the RoboTaxi will work. Last, in a world of DEI where company values are not aligned with the shareholder, Elon doesn't play that game. And i think those priniciples will outperform in the long term. There are short term headwinds such as EV adoption, Interest Rates, Governement interference etc but im in this for the long haul - 10-20 years plus. There is no doubt in my mind that the future is electric.

The DJT Stock .... i barely know what it is. But i did read that the stock has to stay above a certain price, $12 a share i think, for the first 6 months and if it does then Trump receives another 1/3 of the company which would be equivalent to another $2billion on top of the implied $4Billion value. Wall Street is just not going to let that happen easily, nor should they. It's an unproven company. As i stated above DJT is the most expensive stock to short right now, costing ~$.75 cents a day to be short so it's not a surprise that it's going lower. This is going to open up some opportunities for short squeezes and there will be people defending the stock on Trumps behalf so i expect volatility.
First question: Since SpaceX is a private company and therefore not publicly traded, how did you buy stock?

I'm sitting on a good bit of Tesla stock myself...

I think the 4 Billion and 2 Billion valuations you are listing were based on the $80 or so stock price, which of course is not realistic or current.

First question: Since SpaceX is a private company and therefore not publicly traded, how did you buy stock?

I think the 4 Billion and 2 Billion valuations you are listing were based on the $80 or so stock price, which of course is not realistic or current.

I am looking forward to hearing @fatpiggy ’s response here as well.

SpaceX trades on the private market and a friend of a friend of a friend knows the Tesla CFO. You don't buy the stock directly, but you get shares of a holding company that only holds SpaceX stock. ( Troy Capital Holdings for the non-believers)

Yes, the valuations i mentioned were tied to the valuations that has to be achieved in order for Trump to get the next Tranche of shares. I don't follow it closely, i'll do more research when it gets down that $12-$15 level.

SpaceX trades on the private market and a friend of a friend of a friend knows the Tesla CFO. You don't buy the stock directly, but you get shares of a holding company that only holds SpaceX stock. ( Troy Capital Holdings for the non-believers)

Yes, the valuations i mentioned were tied to the valuations that has to be achieved in order for Trump to get the next Tranche of shares. I don't follow it closely, i'll do more research when it gets down that $12-$15 level.

You are buying spacex stock through a friend of a friend of a friend?

giphy.gif

200w.gif

steve-harvey-i-don-t-believe-you-ovb5g5tk1i0onjd5.gif

You are buying spacex stock through a friend of a friend of a friend?

giphy.gif

200w.gif

steve-harvey-i-don-t-believe-you-ovb5g5tk1i0onjd5.gif

No. A friend of a friend introduced me to the people at Troy Capital Parners who administer the fund.

There are lots of private equity brokers that get you access to the private markets. EquityZen.com, ForgeGlobal.com, are a couple i've used before. Essentially employees who have stock options can selll them on the private market in order to get liquidity before the company does its IPO.

Don't care if you don't believe me. I just went to little ole Clemson, not one of those book learnin places you went to.

Last edited:
No. A friend of a friend introduced me to the people at Troy Capital Parners who administer the fund.

There are lots of private equity brokers that get you access to the private markets. EquityZen.com, ForgeGlobal.com, are a couple i've used before. Essentially employees who have stock options can selll them on the private market in order to get liquidity before the company does its IPO.

Don't care if you don't believe me. I just went to little ole Clemson, not one of those book learnin places you went to.

This was your quote. "My largest holding are Tesla and SpaceX."

Investing in a fund that includes spacex as its investments does not support the veracity of your statement.

Let's also not pretend that honesty is your thing. You lost a ban bet, then changed your handle and came back on the site anyway.

You have no shame.

This was your quote. "My largest holding are Tesla and SpaceX."

Investing in a fund that includes spacex as its investments does not support the veracity of your statement.

Let's also not pretend that honesty is your thing. You lost a ban bet, then changed your handle and came back on the site anyway.

You have no shame.
no one cares.

So you are an accredited investor? When did you invest in the fund? What is the fee structure?

Reactions: flotiger

FWIW, I’ve had brokers like these approach me about selling my stock/options. We’re pre-IPO. I’ve never tried to buy other private stock though.

FWIW, I’ve had brokers like these approach me about selling my stock/options. We’re pre-IPO. I’ve never tried to buy other private stock though.
As i am sure you are aware, many pre-ipo companies entice employees with pay packages that include stock options. However, low level employees are not privvy to the timing of when the company may go public and / or need an immediate cash infusion or portfolio diversification. So these companies give them an avenue to liquidate some of their holdings.

I've used EquityZen for a couple of transactions and come out very well. It is an interesting space.

Reactions: coldbud1994
As i am sure you are aware, many pre-ipo companies entice employees with pay packages that include stock options. However, low level employees are not privvy to the timing of when the company may go public and / or need an immediate cash infusion or portfolio diversification. So these companies give them an avenue to liquidate some of their holdings.

I've used EquityZen for a couple of transactions and come out very well. It is an interesting space.

We’re doing a formal secondary offering right now to give those employees the ability to sell their shares. Of course the buyer of those shares - one of our VCs - expects the value to double by IPO in the next 18 months.

Employees going to external markets are probably making out even worse. At least in our case. Many companies won’t make it to an exit or will flop.

Reactions: fatpiggy
We’re doing a formal secondary offering right now to give those employees the ability to sell their shares. Of course the buyer of those shares - one of our VCs - expects the value to double by IPO in the next 18 months.

Employees going to external markets are probably making out even worse. At least in our case. Many companies won’t make it to an exit or will flop.
I've been on the good and bad side of IPO's. My best stock went ipo at $20, traded up to $75 and is now trading just shy of $3. Lol. I made a lot of money but left a lot on the table too.

My advice is to always have a plan to exit and abide by that plan.

I think these services (equityzen etc) provide a good value to the employees. A lot of times they are young and the options comprise a large percentage of their net worth. Maybe they want to buy a house, put in a pool, or they are having children and want to save for their education. This gives them a way to diversify immediately instead of waiting for the IPO. I've seen several IPO's delayed, and insiders are almost always subject to at least a 6 month lockup period where the stock is far from guaranteed from going higher. Wall Street doesn't care about feelings.

I’m an LP in a couple funds that invest in secondaries. Honestly shocks me that people would willingly buy from equityzen and the other retail-oriented marketplaces. You literally know nothing about the performance of the company and are just buying the name.

Cameo was priced at over $1b in its last round and is now trying to raise at $100mm. I’m sure some suckers are buying common shares on those sites and will lose everything.

Dropped to $33 today. Down from $72 a couple weeks ago. Not sure I’ve ever seen a SPAC fall this hard this fast, but then again this is a fake company with no governance.

MAGAts continue to find ways to lose money.

The real mind f**k would be if Trump was a democratic plant to completely destroy the Republican Party and bankrupt their low income/low education voters.

Probably hired by Clinton and Obama.

I'm glad we all can agree that Joe Biden chose March 31st, which is Easter, as the day for Trannies and then claimed he didn't.
No he didn't chose March 31. Y'all are dumb

You just believe anything you read don't you? The grift of you fools is a good one. No wonder Trump switched parties and went extreme evangelist psycho. As long as you say things that sound like that you can build a cult of idiots

Last edited:

Sold TSLA a year ago. Made a killing so glad I'm out. They are screwing up what they had.

Reactions: yoshi121374
No he didn't chose March 31. Y'all are dumb

You just believe anything you read don't you? The grift of you fools is a good one. No wonder Trump switched parties and went extreme evangelist psycho. As long as you say things that sound like that you can build a cult of idiots
If he didn’t declare march 31st the day of trannies which day did ge choose?

Here is some more proof that the whole tranny thing is a giant scam. They have essentially been falsifying g the data. England shut down giving puberty blockers last week because the “science” suggesting their safety could not be reproduced.

Talk about falling for a scam. Men can’t become women and vice versa.

Now which day did Biden declare day of the trannies (should just be celebrated on national mental health day)

If he didn’t declare march 31st the day of trannies which day did ge choose?

Here is some more proof that the whole tranny thing is a giant scam. They have essentially been falsifying g the data. England shut down giving puberty blockers last week because the “science” suggesting their safety could not be reproduced.

Talk about falling for a scam. Men can’t become women and vice versa.

Now which day did Biden declare day of the trannies (should just be celebrated on national mental health day)

He didn't chose the date. It was already a thing. This is like complaining about the president for choosing when Labor day falls.

How deep in the closet are you to have to attack people with a different lifestyle than yours?

He didn't chose the date. It was already a thing. This is like complaining about the president for choosing when Labor day falls.

How deep in the closet are you to have to attack people with a different lifestyle than yours?
I don't care one way or the other. I'm just making an observation. Joe Biden declared March 31st the day of Trannies. That day also happened to be Easter. Not sure what that get's people panties in a wad.

• Haha
Reactions: dpic73
I don't care one way or the other. I'm just making an observation. Joe Biden declared March 31st the day of Trannies. That day also happened to be Easter. Not sure what that get's people panties in a wad.
.... again you are missing the point. Biden didn't declare the day. The date of March 31st for this trans awareness or whatever it is, has existed since 2009. Are you too dense to understand the facts or just too biased to accept them?

Reactions: yoshi121374
I am shocked! Investing in a Trump run business wasn't a sound decision?

Like always, he fleeces the little guy and he ends up just fine. He's such a a piece of shit.
And again you irrational behavior shows through. That has nothing to do with Donald Trump and everything to do with that guy being an idiot.

And again you irrational behavior shows through. That has nothing to do with Donald Trump and everything to do with that guy being an idiot.

Both are true as they usually are. Trump fans and sycophants always lose. Don't you guys get it? Trump is a straight up conman and you bought it hook,line,and sinker.

Reactions: nytigerfan
But isn't that the M.O. of a con artist???
So everyone who loses money in the stock market on a bad trade is due to a con-artist?

So 50% of people are con artist?

I’ll wait while you tell me what Donald Trump has to do with this dude losing a single penny?

I bought a stock on the high the other day. Must of been because the CEO was a con man. Makes perfect sense, maybe I’ll file a report with the FBI.

How does one become so irrational? MSNBC and Rachel Maddow have done a number on y’all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT