ADVERTISEMENT

Donald Trump and the Washington Generals...

Willence

The Jack Dunlap Club
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2003
The more I listen, the more mystified I become by what has happened to so many in the Republican Party. There are so many questions I would really like to hear answers to. Since there are some avowed Trump supporters here, help me understand a few things:

1. Why do you think it's such a great strategy to elect a man who will be a lame-duck serving his second term from day 1?
2. What are you hoping Trump would do that other Republican candidates can't do as well or better?
3. The only way the Democrats can win is to make sure the election is a mandate on another candidate. Elections almost always turn on who the focus of the election is. If we're talking about Trump, he's going to be the focus and he's going to lose. Why would you support that?
4. Two things can be true. These attempts to indict Trump are a really bad idea but it is patently obvious that he is, without a doubt, a highly corrupt person who has done a lot of things wrong.
5. For a party that tries to support at least some level of morality, this is an abjectly immoral man. Why not pick someone who at least demonstrates some moral values?
6. Do you honestly believe someone like Trump can save this country or are you just interested in supporting the biggest middle finger you can find to everyone else?

The blind support for this guy is mystifying to me. He's the one person who can deliver power to Democrats. They have baited people into getting all stirred up about this again and it's going to work if something dramatic doesn't happen to change the fortunes of our nation. This election is going to be all about Trump because anything Trump does is something he makes sure is all about him. As such, he will lose. You don't fight cancer with more cancer...

Please help me understand what your thinking is...

The more I listen, the more mystified I become by what has happened to so many in the Republican Party. There are so many questions I would really like to hear answers to. Since there are some avowed Trump supporters here, help me understand a few things:

1. Why do you think it's such a great strategy to elect a man who will be a lame-duck serving his second term from day 1?
2. What are you hoping Trump would do that other Republican candidates can't do as well or better?
3. The only way the Democrats can win is to make sure the election is a mandate on another candidate. Elections almost always turn on who the focus of the election is. If we're talking about Trump, he's going to be the focus and he's going to lose. Why would you support that?
4. Two things can be true. These attempts to indict Trump are a really bad idea but it is patently obvious that he is, without a doubt, a highly corrupt person who has done a lot of things wrong.
5. For a party that tries to support at least some level of morality, this is an abjectly immoral man. Why not pick someone who at least demonstrates some moral values?
6. Do you honestly believe someone like Trump can save this country or are you just interested in supporting the biggest middle finger you can find to everyone else?

The blind support for this guy is mystifying to me. He's the one person who can deliver power to Democrats. They have baited people into getting all stirred up about this again and it's going to work if something dramatic doesn't happen to change the fortunes of our nation. This election is going to be all about Trump because anything Trump does is something he makes sure is all about him. As such, he will lose. You don't fight cancer with more cancer...

Please help me understand what your thinking is...
1. I don't know that Trump even knows this. If someone even asked him this, he'd probably say he was going to change the constitution or set it aside or something. And his supporters on here would cheer the effort for ether to happen.
2. Are you kidding me? Every Day that Trump was elected President, he was doing SOMETHING to get attention. Trump has done a LOT of damage to the US government, his supporters hope for that to continue.
3. Biden isn't popular for sure. I'd think that virtually any other Republican candidate would win over Biden. But BOTH parties are bat shit crazy about stuff like this. Hell, back in 2016, ANY Dem but Hillary would have beaten Trump. Trump's going to get the nod and he's going to lose in the general election.
4. Not a problem. Trump is above any law according to his supporters.
5. IMHO, Trump made a deal with the Evangelicals... He'd appoint conservative justices to overturn Roe and they would keep their mouths shut for whatever else he did and said. Trump delivered and the Evangelicals stayed bought. Mission accomplished. I think that Trump will not do as well this time as it's got to be hard for them to support a dude that paid off hookers and publicly cheated on his wives. Not even mentioning his usual non Christian public persona.
6. His supporters ABSOLUTELY BELIEVE this. Again, I don't think a lot of Trump's policies are bad. I can definitely get behind a lot of his foreign policy for sure. It's just that Trump is simply a bad man... Fundamentally a divider and an agent of chaos.

Reactions: yoshi121374
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT